Predictions for E3 2014

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll probably know more about this...

Well IGN is backtracking a bit.

IGN has since amended the story to say the original report came from IGN Russia, and now writes "We're committed to getting the full story and will be updating this piece with more information as it develops."

I would like to think that E3 will give us more info but I am not all that convinced it will.

I could probably get my fill with just the games scheduled to release on October 7th right now.

True that. October is kind of stuffed but I can't imagine that most of those titles will slip one way or the other, most likely further away as opposed to earlier. Although it would be kind of fun to see the freak out of the game review press if that wasn't the case. The twitter feeds of gaming journalists will end up being a stream of invectives and complaints ( not that such things would be unwarranted ) and would likely generate quite a few interesting hashtags and memes

My unrealistic not gonna happen wishful thinking prediction for E3 2014:

- Nintendo shockingly announce Wii U is their last home console hardware. They plan to go third party with several remakes on PS4/XB1 like Mario 3D World and Wind waker ports next year. They'll continue release all their new games on Wii U, but will eventually release them as remakes/ports on the Sony and Microsoft consoles during the slow transition to a full third party role.

I'm wondering if we might see a one of the big publishers devote some time to discuss Apple and their new graphics API along with the intention to release titles on the platform.

Here's my prediction of Sony's showing.
Realistic prediction
The Order 1886 stage demo
DriveClub demo
Asscreed Unity stage demo
Uncharted 4 trailer
Project Beast trailer
and then...
The Last...demo of Destiny

Hope and dreams
Teasers of QD's new game, GT7, Heavenly Sword 2, Resident Evil 7, GOW4, Ratchet and Clank PS4 and of course whatever new IPs they have.

I have a feeling tho it'll somehow disappoint me.

Phil Spencer interview (11mins long) with Nelson:
http://majornelson.com/cast/2014/06/08/phil-spencer-on-the-eve-of-e3-2014/?linkId=8454790

Highlights:
- you wont see many exec's on stage, "people play games not execs"
- destiny will get resolution bump due to June SDK
- they got all the non-gaming stuff out of the way, e3 will be all about games
- stage will be really impressive, new way to engage fans in the arena
- he's been on job for 2 months
- says nintendo has best 1st party on planet
- amazing start with sony / ps4

this guy is really down to earth and all about the games, perfect person to lead Xbox

Sounds like MS is gonna have hellava showing this time which is excellent news. Hope they have a lengthy Halo 5 demo.

"New way to engage fans in the arena"?

Makes me see visions of the awful paid crowds at half time shows or MTV awards shows who are there to dance and scream and pretend like they love the band.

Seeing lots of discounts on PS4 in the US, granted most ads I see are for used systems but I'm wondering out loud if we might see a price cut to 379.99 or 359.99 at E3. The PSN Plus Subs certainly could offset any losses and I wonder if there is an accounting angle in there somewhere to justify such an approach... Looking forward to seeing how the big three look to integrate software as a service in their presentations...

But offtopic aside: I remember the E3 2013 Forza 'gameplay'; so that's why I wrote CGI next to the possible halo 2014 footage: it will be completely beefed up, and has the possibility to have gaming blogs write for days about how great the graphics are. Halo 5 won't come out until Q3/4 2015 anyway, so it would only mean more XBox1 sales; an eventual backlash won't matter at the end of 2015 so they will go all out on Halo5, seeing as it is the most platform-defining game.

Also I expect Quantum Break to make a big splash; with graphics even exceeding the reveal footage, for example the environment in the trailer will look almost indistinguishable from the real-life footage with the real actors.

If Forza Horizon is playable for the press, then it will look different to the trailer.

That are my E3 predictions for the day :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
But offtopic aside: I remember the E3 2013 Forza 'gameplay'; so that's why I wrote CGI next to the possible halo 2014 footage: it will be completely beefed up, and has the possibility to have gaming blogs write for days about how great the graphics are. Halo 5 won't come out until Q3/4 2015 anyway, so it would only mean more XBox1 sales; an eventual backlash won't matter at the end of 2015 so they will go all out on Halo5, seeing as it is the most platform-defining game.

Also I expect Quantum Break to make a big splash; with graphics even exceeding the reveal footage, for example the environment in the trailer will look almost indistinguishable from the real-life footage with the real actors.

If Forza Horizon is playable for the press, then it will look different to the trailer.

That are my E3 predictions for the day :cool:

There won't be any Quantum Break at E3. Next public Gameplay showing is at Games.COM in August.

Assassin-s-Creed-Unity-E3-2014-Advertising-Shows-Four-Characters-Hints-at-Co-Op.jpg

If there is a big Xbox 3rd party exclusive, it recently occurred to me a very likely candidate is Mass Effect 4.

A higher up in development of ME 4 already tweeted he'd be at the show.

Another name that's been thrown around is Fallout 4, but i feel like that one is too big to go exclusive. Plus ME has a history as a series with Xbox.

Probably would be a 6 month timed exclusive not a true exclusive.

If there is a big Xbox 3rd party exclusive, it recently occurred to me a very likely candidate is Mass Effect 4.

A higher up in development of ME 4 already tweeted he'd be at the show.

Another name that's been thrown around is Fallout 4, but i feel like that one is too big to go exclusive. Plus ME has a history as a series with Xbox.

Probably would be a 6 month timed exclusive not a true exclusive.

Well, in case you haven't seen it EA did make all time, true exclusive deals regarding Titanfall. I think Titanfall could be a bigger title (more expensive) than ME4, so I think ME4 as an exclusive game is believable.

Well Ubi definitely won the "My poster it's bigger than yours" E3 award ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, in case you haven't seen it EA did make all time, true exclusive deals regarding Titanfall. I think Titanfall could be a bigger title (more expensive) than ME4, so I think ME4 as an exclusive game is believable.

I think the kinda franchises MS need to buy are now out of the reach of even them. Sure COD or GTA would make a dent in Sonys sales, but I don't think anything else will. And while MS 'could' spend billions making said uber-franchises exclusive, someone somewhere high up is going to question the worth of doing so.

EA made that deal on the 'we're going to sell a billion units' optimism, I think that's long since disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back