E3 Predictions 2015

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by ThePissartist, Feb 26, 2015.

1. dobwal

Legend Veteran

The fallout seen by the smartphone market from the advent of the iphone and android was pretty devastating. But I rather have a bunch of competitors vying to put out the best gear and gaining massive traction with mainstream then having a circumstance of limiting competition to a couple of early launchers.

Imagine if we were still stuck on blackberries and the original windows phone because Apple and Google thought current smartphones were good enough.

Whether VR devices for current consoles work or not is dependent on what MS or Sony puts forth. They seem less caught up with the conventions of current attempts at VR. The market's way forward may not be based on super high rez displays paired with powerful gpus. And if thats the case, it probably won't be Oculus VR or Valve leading the market in that direction.

#181 dobwal, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Which game is WiLD? I've never heard of it.

Phil Spencer is going to be in the E3 PC Gaming Press conference. It's the first ever E3 PC conference, thanks to AMD.

http://gamerant.com/microsoft-e3-pc-gaming-show/

#182 Cyan, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  3. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

It's a new open world PS4 game from Michael Ancel, creator of Rayman and Beyond the Good and Evil who formed a new indie studio with the help of Sony. In it users can play as anything, as humans, animals and mystical creatures.

Cyan and DSoup like this.
  4. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Darn, this is actually one of the first party games that actually impresses me, no wonder why DSoup like it so much. Some I wondered how it could be like to play a wolf simulator, or a bird.., and I loved some parts, like the giant skeleton, the girl behind the wolves, the giant woman, and that girl trying to reach the cuckoo's nest.

This game will get far, and it's probably one of the best first party games. I mean it

London-boy likes this.
  5. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

Can I just say, I love how excited you get at some things - usually MS and racing-game related but not always. You're like the true, certified B3D cheerleader :yes:

Billy Idol and Cyan like this.
  6. Rodéric

Rodéric a.k.a. Ingenu
    Moderator Veteran

How exactly can this game be "one of the best firsty party games" when no-one even played it yet ?

Cyan likes this.
  7. holsty101

Regular

"probably", and I don't think English is Cyans native language?

Cyan likes this.
  8. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

He's an important antidote to the crusty old cynics like myself. ;)

Billy Idol, Cyan and London-boy like this.
  9. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

You're the disease and he's the cure? :runaway:

Grall and Cyan like this.
  10. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

Cyan likes this.
  11. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

you're right. no it's not, galician is.
    I wanted to say more interesting first party games, at least on the PS4. Sony admitted themselves that exclusives will be sparsely published this year, and the game looks interesting --positively surprised me.

Nintendo are a question mark, and we need to find the unknown quantity. But knowing them you never know.

Xbox is going to win this E3 without a hitch, most probably, if my predictions are correct and it is going to be one of the best E3 ever. A lot of console-sellers will be in the E3 Xbox conference.
    :) Very well Arwin. I see how witty you were there, I see you fine Arwin. The summer is sitting well with you.
    :) For me a cheerleader is a female. Like say a high school cheerleader bikini dog wash

London-boy likes this.
  12. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

You like certain games. I like some games too, but then our peevish Shifty is criticizing everything. :) It's not the first time you put us on the line :) . Criticizing is a positive thing, you become callous. But I see you on the inquisitive side too, it's not always critical reflections -maybe those are your tyke, little devil side- we hear from you. And this is like when Marge says to Homer in the Simpsons: It's just that criticizing is so easy... to which Homer responds: Yes. And fun!

13. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

lol, I'm not sure if I'd go as far as saying
    But I do feel that this E3 (if there needs to be a winner), given what I've read so thus far about Sony's first party line up announcements for E3, the news release of the remasters; it does feel rather lighter than normal. Imo it is entirely on Microsoft to lose this E3. Nintendo will likely have a much stronger impression this year as well.

Cyan likes this.
  14. MrFox

MrFox Deludedly Fantastic
    Legend Veteran

Is WiLD a first party? I thought it was an independent studio so it's second party at most, Sony is listed as the distributor on playstation... Did they say coming first on PS4 or coming only on PS4?

15. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

Google-Fu!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...ld-ps4-exclusive-rayman-creator-michel-ancel/

16. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk

Looking forward to this game! It was a bit difficult to get a good idea if I liked the game play last year (there wasn't any to be seen) but this year I think we'll get a fantastic look at some gameplay.

17. Rangers

Legend

It's not a prediction but I'm so excited for Halo 5. The graphics in campaign are gonna be stupendous (because imo they were already pretty great in the MP beta ignoring the temporary 720P).

It helps to remember that at 1360X1080 or the like (which is where I expect Halo 5 to fall) X1 can basically match anything the PS4 can do at 1080P. Add to that the sheer manpower 343i is working with, their dedication to graphics as shown by Halo 4, and I'm expecting something great.

Prediction: Halo 5 will look great.

FarticusMaximus and Cyan like this.
  18. Laa-Yosh

Laa-Yosh I can has custom title?
    Legend Subscriber

I dunno, Halo 5 is probably one of the most mysterious games of the show so far, at least the way I see it. The cinematic trailer offered a few hints, as well as the whole story with Agent Locke, but I can't tell at this time what general direction the actual game will follow. 343 is playing it very close to the chest so far.

Cyan likes this.
  19. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk

Very excited for halo5 campaign. Much more than I should be. The HuntTheTruth campaign was killer and the audio series finale begins this Sunday!!! Ahhh so excited!

FarticusMaximus and Cyan like this.
  20. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Spencer has once again been on Twitter doing his usual rounds and has left us with some interesting tidbits --thanks to link06, btw:

- He did not want to go into details, not wanting to reveal what games will be at E3, but he says that Crackdown is experiencing great progress.

- Answering to the question whether there is any chance of having something akin to the Early Access of Steam on Xbox One, Phil responds that it seems "a good idea that helps to connect players and studies". Perhaps in the future....

- A twitter said to Spencer if he is going to announce the new Battletoads game he should send a greeting to Marty Sliva, IGN editor (apparently a lover of toads) :) . to which Spencer responds: "I should lend Marty my shirt of Battletoads". Marty Silva appears then and says that he'd accept the shirt whenever it was bundled with a Banjo-Kazooie jersey, to which Spencer added "some socks of Jet Force Gemini and and a belt of Kameo to get a RARE set" very stylish. They are playing with our feelings.

- He congratulated SONY on their The Nathan Drake Collection announcement. He believes that it is a clever idea to include access to the multiplayer beta for Uncharted 4 in the collection. Hehehe.

- He says that so far they treated the Gamescom as a "repetition of the E3' but they have been planning to offer a Gamescom Conference in the canonical form this time around. He admits that the problem is in the little time that separates both conferences. He is trying to keep secret as many as possible announcements for the Conference, so we are going to see very scarce news in the next 10 days.

- Continuing on the subject, an individual tells him that Gamescom is going to be followed by many Europeans to what Phil admits that "there is much work to do with Xbox in Europe, it will be important to be there with news and a good conference".

- He mentions that this year the presence of first party games will be "intense and different". Oh, mah RARE.

- As I saw it coming, they'll speak about Windows 10 on the Xbox One and DX12 at E3.

- They have heard the feedback and criticisms of people ( @Shifty Geezer could be among them ) :) and they are going to show more actual gameplay and less teasers for future projects.

- He is going to be in the PC Gaming Show and will talk about "software, hardware and games, but will not try to sell a Xbox One to the PC gamers". You don't need to swear that, Phil.

- He says that Capybara is still working hard on Below. And little more. I have a feeling that we will not see it at this E3.

- He is going to wear his typical t-shirts, he said, and although they are no longer a novelty they will continue to "mean something for him". How deep, how much of an inner world.