• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 86764

Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 12:00PM - 6:00PM
Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 10:00AM - 6:00PM
Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:00AM - 5:00PM

With E3 being a little over six weeks away, I thought it’d be an interesting exercise to come up with some predictions for the event. All three of the main console hardware manufacturers have an awful lot to prove, particularly those that haven’t made much of an impact so early this generation. Is there anything that Nintendo can do now that’d actually cause them to increase their WiiU sales significantly? Can Microsoft retaliate against Sony’s momentum and possibly hope to catch up?

Publisher predictions can be made too, or anything relating to PC, Oculus Rift, mobile tech, etc. Anything that could possibly happen at the event is game. I’ll start with a few of my own.

Microsoft:
Contracts with major cable/satellite TV providers in several prime locations (Western/Central Europe, North America), that allows them to either contain the Xbox One APU/memory into their box revisions, or provide a box that can be used by the providers and sent to new subscribers for ‘free’.

Halo 5 to be shown in multi/single-player footage – 60fps, 900p resolution. No significant change in the general look of the game, ‘feels better/snappier’ due to frame rate increases. Game to actually be a little more fast paced than previous releases.

New Gears of War game announced using the latest Unreal Engine – probably looks spectacular. Big budget style trailer all from in-game footage.

Game-after-game-after-game style conference.

Sony:
Project Morpheus given a name, expected early next year. Alien Isolation shown running on the device and playable on the show floor.

Trailer shown that has multiple PS3 remasters (Beyond, The Last of us, Uncharted, God of War, Crysis, etc.), these games are released at a discount compared to standard PS4 releases and possibly several to be released over the summer months. All 1080p without exception, several at 60fps.

Uncharted 4 gameplay shown, realistic looking characters along with visuals that are possibly best of show.

Call of Duty 2014 specifically demoed during the Sony conference, ‘made for Playstation’ being the theme.

Various other new game announcements for all three manufacturers. I couldn’t possibly comment on Nintendo, as I lost interest post-SNES.

If Naughty Dog actually comes through with their latest Uncharted game at E3, I have no doubt in my mind that the game will blow people away visually. ND are Gods.

But as a big Halo fan myself (still playing Reach online and sometimes 4), I am looking forward to this Halo game. Whether that would be Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo 5. 60FPS + dedicated servers would be a dream come true for us Halo fans. Host advantage is a b****. I am also looking forward to other Microsoft published titles like Quantum Break, Fable Legends, Gears of War and Sunset Overdrive.

Overall, this E3 should be great for both Sony and Microsoft. I should be able to watch all press conferences except Nintendo. Haven't owned anything Nintendo in a LONG time and I don't plan to either. Just not a Nintendo guy, unfortunately.

Here's what I expect / am hoping for from Sony.

Sony Worldwide Studios game announcements:
-God of War 4
-Gran Turismo 7 Prologue
-The Last Guardian re-announced as a PS4 game
-Media Molecule, Guerrilla Games and Quantic Dream's next games

All of which will have short teaser clips.

Release date announcements:
-Uncharted 4 (Q1/Q2 2015)
-Gran Turismo 7 Prologue (Q2 2015)
-The Order 1886 (Fall 2014)
-DriveClub (June/July 2014)

All but GT7:p will have new gameplay footage.

I expect to see some third-party announcements with more 'partnership' deals where Sony gets exclusive content. Maybe 1-2 full exclusives too.

They will most likely showoff Project Morpheus too, hopefully with some more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunset Overdrive definitely piqued my interests when that first trailer came out. I'd be interested to see more.

Sony Worldwide Studios game announcements:
-God of War 4
-Gran Turismo 7 Prologue
-The Last Guardian re-announced as a PS4 game
-Media Molecule, Guerrilla Games and Quantic Dream's next games

All of which will have short teaser clips.

Release date announcements:
-Uncharted 4 (Q1/Q2 2015)
-Gran Turismo 7 Prologue (Q2 2015)
-The Order 1886 (Fall 2014)
-DriveClub (June/July 2014)

All but GT7:p will have new gameplay footage.

Agreed, I think all of that is quite likely. I can't begin to imagine what GT could look like on the PS4, hopefully it'll include a few more environmental details.

I'd like to see a few shocking announcements that are difficult to predict. Killer blows from Sony/Microsoft.

Ooh, nice.

Contracts with major cable/satellite TV providers in several prime locations (Western/Central Europe, North America), that allows them to either contain the Xbox One APU/memory into their box revisions, or provide a box that can be used by the providers and sent to new subscribers for ‘free’.

Dont see this happening...

Halo 5 to be shown in multi/single-player footage – 60fps, 900p resolution. No significant change in the general look of the game, ‘feels better/snappier’ due to frame rate increases. Game to actually be a little more fast paced than previous releases.

The rumor was 1080p is a definite, while 60 FPS is only a target. Of course, that's just the rumor I suppose.

New Gears of War game announced using the latest Unreal Engine – probably looks spectacular. Big budget style trailer all from in-game footage.

Too early unfortunately. They're hiring now. And rumor put that game 2.5 years out a couple months ago. Wont see it until e3 '15 imo.

No surprise, this is what they did last year after all.

A lot of people seem hyped on Sunset Overdrive but the art style is definitely not for me.

I really hope we get some more next gen RPG announcements. I'd love to see something from Cyberpunk 2077.

Project Morpheus given a name, expected early next year. Alien Isolation shown running on the device and playable on the show floor.

Despite what first impressions would indicate, Alien Isolation is not a good game for VR.
I'm guessing, that they will either show tech demos, or something specifically made for Sony's headset.
If they want to have Alien running on VR, they'll have to change many elements for it to work.
Especially change the fact that the player is not in control of the camera at many points in the game.

M$ buys Nintendo. Mario, Zelda, and others coming to Xbox One. Miyamoto to save Kinect with games that are actually fun and creative uses of the device.

Fallout 4 announced at the Sony conference. First look at Media Molecule's project. Action game from Sony Bend revealed. Gameplay demo of Uncharted 4 (in a sequence that may or may not survive to the final game). Collab between From and Japan Studios headed by Demon's Souls creator Miyazaki announced. Far Cry 4 on stage. New Gearbox IP announced.

Call of Duty conspicuously absent from the MS conference. I think they do show a Gears trailer, but they can't possibly have much to show given how little time Black Tusk has been on the project. No gameplay, just a short animated thing. Halo 5 will be shown, it'll be a weird resolution like 792p or 810p. The Division on stage in some capacity. First look at Fable Legends gameplay. Forza Horizons 2 announced, but it is a Q1 game. Sunset Overdrive finally seen in gameplay form. Show Quantum Break again. Weird one-off game by From Software (think Quantum Theory or Ninja Blade). Platinum Games project announced, turns out not to be exclusive.

No. Just, no.
Phil Spencer has publicly acknowledged that the xbone's reveal about "TV, TV, TV, Sports, TV, Sports, Sports, TV, Call of Duty, TV, Sports, Dog!" was a huge mistake and they definitely won't repeat that again and even less during E3.
If they start with TV deals, they'll get booed a lot and screw up the entire presentation afterwards.

Trailer shown that has multiple PS3 remasters (Beyond, The Last of us, Uncharted, God of War, Crysis, etc.), these games are released at a discount compared to standard PS4 releases and possibly several to be released over the summer months. All 1080p without exception, several at 60fps.

Crysis wouldn't make much sense but I'd love to have any of those.
And Ni No Kuni. Please, please let me have a remastered Ni No Kuni on the PS4.

M$ buys Nintendo. Mario, Zelda, and others coming to Xbox One. Miyamoto to save Kinect with games that are actually fun and creative uses of the device.

First, that would require almost all of Microsoft's cash reserves.
Second, Japan would never allow such a threat over their patrimony. Japan has corporate pride/honor, unlike Finland.

Besides, the whole world will be on the lookout for Elop Trojans now. They wouldn't be able to pull a Nokia very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want some kind of LBP for the PS4 that is compatible with all my DLC. I'd also like a Sony all-star kart racer, like they did with the fighting game.

I really hope we get some more next gen RPG announcements. I'd love to see something from Cyberpunk 2077.

Gonna guess that we won't see anything aboot that until after W3 ships. Similarly, Mass Effect until after DAI ships as well.

Maybe teaser of next gen Elder Scrolls/Fallout?

---

Wonder what the Torchlight folks are up to.

The rumor was 1080p is a definite, while 60 FPS is only a target. Of course, that's just the rumor I suppose.

Wha?

I'm referring specifically to Crysis 2 and 3. I didn't buy either on the previous gen because I didn't think the 360 would do them justice.

Well it's a tad funny they remade Crysis 1 in CE3.

I was kind of expecting a trilogy re-release (and hopefully with a number of engine/art updates).

Eh? Why is this constantly repeated like it's new? 2013 reveal was media functions, 2013 E3 was games, and barely a mention of Kinect. 2014 E3 will be like games focused 2013 E3 as Spencer has already stated, not some self-fulfilling prophecy. So more on all those exclusives in development, more putting IDs on pedestals even though most couldn't care less as the hardcore don't for Kinect, and speaking of that more Kinect games shown instead of strictly listening to a subset, and probably a price drop on the current bundle.

Sony will continue with the "not Microsoft" campaign and continue to dominate. Sales figures. A firmware update shown off with requested features. PS4 is an officially sanctioned SteamBox. Last Guardian and Indies. No need to bring out ND unless any positive buzz came from the Microsoft conference. Those trump cards can be saved for the rest of the year like TGS or Gamescom.

Nintendo... tough one.

Maybe teaser of next gen Elder Scrolls/Fallout?

I hope so. Skyrim was released in 2011 and since then Bethesda Game Studio has only released Skyrim DLC, mainly in 2012. They have to have something cooking and I would guess it's probably close to reveal (we've head about 2/3 years in between their main releases).

PS4 is an officially sanctioned SteamBox.

That'd be incredible. I can't see how it's possible though, you'd need some serious CPU optimisations for it to work at all. Also, how do Sony financially benefit on the sales of Steam games? Nice idea. I don't imagine the Valve/Sony relationship is the best either.

The only thing of any interest will be perhaps Project Morpheus demos on show, with really long queues. Although there's a real chance that won't happen, but if Zuckerberg got to try it, it must be available to try. VR would be the real show winner, and Sony are in a position to pull it off in a big, attention grabbing way that OVR couldn't in previous years (maybe FB will make a big OR push at E3?? Seems to early). I can't see anything else big happening, short of a new hardware reveal which is unlikely given no leaks or rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back