RTX Remix

I'm doing it for Freedom Fighters, but its a pita because the cursor won't appear then I open the RTX Menu. So I have to be in Window mode and spam the windows key and left click at the same time to be able to click on the menus. It's nice and all, but I think its better to wait for the full remix release from nvidia.
have you tried adding "rtx.showUICursor = True" to rtx.conf? I didn't try it windowed, but it helped save me from accidentally clicking out of the game over and over in fullscreen when the second cursor goes off the edge

Morrowind works quite good right now in my opinion but there are some issues that I can't seem to work around.

-Exteriors seem completely out of bounds so you'll need to use console commands to teleport between interiors
-Roughness cutoff is very low on initial launch you'll need to configure this in material properties 0.70 to 0.80 is probably where you should be
-Cursor doesn't show up in remix UI (Real pain)
-Fullscreen seems to not work, it crashes the game
-MG-XE DX9 implementation crashes the game.

I haven't modded the game nor intend to there is a PBR texture mod but I can't be bothered going down the rabbit hole of Morrowind modding.

Attachments

• 20221229031202_1.jpg
    20221229031202_1.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 100
Morrowind works quite good right now in my opinion but there are some issues that I can't seem to work around.

-Exteriors seem completely out of bounds so you'll need to use console commands to teleport between interiors
-Roughness cutoff is very low on initial launch you'll need to configure this in material properties 0.70 to 0.80 is probably where you should be
-Cursor doesn't show up in remix UI (Real pain)
-Fullscreen seems to not work, it crashes the game
-MG-XE DX9 implementation crashes the game.

I haven't modded the game nor intend to there is a PBR texture mod but I can't be bothered going down the rabbit hole of Morrowind modding.
Hi! How do you get it to work with Morrowind? Mine's CTD all the time after new game intro video.
Did you use Crosire's d3d8to9 or any other DX8-DX9 wrapper?
Did you change bridge.conf file in .trex folder to override GPU's shader model version?

Games I tried so far:
Freedom Fighters - remix hooks, menu is a pain to use because i can't click properly
COD 4 - CTD
Timeshift - CTD
New Vegas - CTD
Doom 3 - remix won't hook, game starts
Gothic 2 - game starts, remix won't hook
Gothic 3 - remix hooks, black screen, menu glitches and can't be clicked
Prey(2007) - game starts, remix won't hook
Doom and Prey are idTech-based games which are using OpenGL instead of DirectX, that's why there is no work for them for now

Hi! How do you get it to work with Morrowind? Mine's CTD all the time after new game intro video.
Did you use Crosire's d3d8to9 or any other DX8-DX9 wrapper?
Did you change bridge.conf file in .trex folder to override GPU's shader model version?
Yes I used croisire's d3d8to9 wrapper.
You'll want to start new game without the wrapper on your first try and leave the census office, use the teleport console command to either teleport to a desired interior or use one of the few interiors in Seyda Neen but if you go outside the game will crash you may find areas outside that may not crash. For some reason the interior with Jiub also crashes the game which is why hitting new game will crash your game.

You don't need to touch the bridge.conf file doing so is optional I'd also recommend going to the pcgamingwiki and downloading the dud intro and start up logo videos just so you can get past those videos faster when restarting the game.

If you have any more trouble just ask.

The jaw-dropping Portal with RTX was built with NVIDIA RTX Remix, and to demonstrate how easy it is for modders to turn RTX On in their mods, we shared RTX Remix with the original creator of Portal: Prelude, an unofficial Portal prequel originally released in 2008.

Nicolas "NykO18" Grevet, the original creator, is working alongside famous modder David “Kralich” Driver-Gomm to modernize Portal: Prelude’s assets and relight the game with stunning full ray tracing.

NVIDIA RTX Remix will enter Early Access soon. Sign up here to be notified of its release.

Whats going on lads, I came across this little section and felt like joining along. Doing some testing on some random titles S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of chernobyl boots in remix with no visual textures or the ability to open the remix menu

Max Payne 1. The Remix menu does not work correctly, the cursor is displayed, but its control is impossible (control remains in the game). Selecting UI or Particle textures is not possible because of this.
Does anyone know how to capture a scene in USD through CheatEngine?

Attachments

• image-1.png
    image-1.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 35
  • image.png
    image.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 29
  • image-2.png
    image-2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • image-3.png
    image-3.png
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • image-4.png
    image-4.png
    2 MB · Views: 51
Im trying to get this to work too, but it just keeps booting without the menu :(
That's potentially because you're not using D3D8 to D3D9.dll that you'll need to download

https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases/tag/v1.11.1

Once you've downloaded it, you'll need to put it with the D3D9.dll in the game directory where the exe is and then launch the game. That's generally the only reason a game would load without the menu.

here my new link
Unfortunately Morrowind RTX might not go anywhere fast even when they release the tools it is positioned very awkwardly. It took me awhile to learn the nuances of the Morrowind modding community but basically there are two forks, there's the MGXE version which is just DX9 running on-top of native Morrowind with shader support, it's also a pre-requisite to so many graphical mods and script extender to work I didn't try hard but I did try to get RTX Remix working with MGXE, game just crashes every-time so no luck there I'm sure there's someone talented enough that could easily find their way around this.

Then there's OpenMW which runs on OpenGL, it's more forward thinking and adds a tonne of quality of life improvements to Morrowind as well as a 64bit executable which allows it to run way smoother on modern systems.

RTX Remix works with neither the MGXE or OpenMW version of the game which kills most of the mods you can use and not being able to use OpenMW just really hurts the future potential.

I did manage to get outside but you need to turn Alpha Blending off but game is very unstable outside a few steps in any direction crashes the game, I think this might be due to how Morrowind handles exterior cells.

Attachments

• 20230101225623_1.jpg
    20230101225623_1.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230101185539_1.jpg
    20230101185539_1.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 52
Unfortunately Morrowind RTX might not go anywhere fast even when they release the tools it is positioned very awkwardly. It took me awhile to learn the nuances of the Morrowind modding community but basically there are two forks, there's the MGXE version which is just DX9 running on-top of native Morrowind with shader support, it's also a pre-requisite to so many graphical mods and script extender to work I didn't try hard but I did try to get RTX Remix working with MGXE, game just crashes every-time so no luck there I'm sure there's someone talented enough that could easily find their way around this.

Then there's OpenMW which runs on OpenGL, it's more forward thinking and adds a tonne of quality of life improvements to Morrowind as well as a 64bit executable which allows it to run way smoother on modern systems.

RTX Remix works with neither the MGXE or OpenMW version of the game which kills most of the mods you can use and not being able to use OpenMW just really hurts the future potential.

I did manage to get outside but you need to turn Alpha Blending off but game is very unstable outside a few steps in any direction crashes the game, I think this might be due to how Morrowind handles exterior cells.

You have to remember this isn't the actual RTX Remix. Besides, Morrowind is one of the few games they chose to showcase the tool's potential. I sincerely doubt they did that knowing it would have all these issues.

a managet too make MGXE work on Morrowind with RTX Remix you need dinput8.dll from [ https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader ] and renaming it to 'dsound.dll' and you need to rename dinput8dll from MGEXE to dinput8.asi

Attachments

• Morrowind 1_8_2023 9_42_23 AM.png
    Morrowind 1_8_2023 9_42_23 AM.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 41
a managet too make MGXE work on Morrowind with RTX Remix you need dinput8.dll from [ https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader ] and renaming it to 'dsound.dll' and you need to rename dinput8dll from MGEXE to dinput8.asi
That's really cool provided there's no mod conflicts means there's a lot more potential now. Shame there isn't a way to get it working with OpenMW but maybe NVIDIA can open it up to OpenGL support eventually I did see them say something about that in one of their Q&A's.

Back