RTX Remix

So I was messing around, trying to put rtx remix hooks in different novalogic games, and I got it somewhat usable in black hawk down. It took me a lot of time to figure out how exactly things were working, and which settings to tweak to make it work. As of now, the most noticeable error here is that the terrain refuses to work properly. It's probably because nova games use realtime tessellation and displacement of an infinite plane to create terrain. This confuses the hell out of remix. Hope it's only the portal version of it that doesn't like Nova games, and the actual release works properly. The best demonstration of raytraced global illumination is at about 4:00 where you can see sunlight bouncing off the floor and softly illuminating the building interior. Great stuff.
Thought I should make a few comparison screenshotsDelta Force  Black Hawk Down Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 16.38.05.14.pngDelta Force  Black Hawk Down Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 16.38.27.60.pngDelta Force  Black Hawk Down Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 16.50.23.57.pngDelta Force  Black Hawk Down Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 16.50.29.26.pngDelta Force  Black Hawk Down Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 16.53.40.13.pngDelta Force  Black Hawk Down Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 16.53.51.44.pngDelta Force  Black Hawk Down Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 17.10.52.10.pngDelta Force  Black Hawk Down Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 17.11.05.94.pngDelta Force  Black Hawk Down Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 17.14.58.11.pngDelta Force  Black Hawk Down Screenshot 2022.12.16 - 17.15.04.16.png

Tomb Raider Anniversary results in black screen. Tomb Raider Underworld doesn't even start, shows an error message "failed to init D3D with current settings".

NFS: Most Wanted opens, but has black screen. I think it could be made to work if the RTX Remix interface wasn't unresponsive to mouse inputs.
Off to the next one!
Mouse inputs does work. Just your main cursor isn't the one you are clicking with. Try holding shift while going above the interface, you can see a second cursor. It is a bit tricky but managable. Though I couldn't find a way to make it work in Underground 2.

Mouse inputs does work. Just your main cursor isn't the one you are clicking with. Try holding shift while going above the interface, you can see a second cursor. It is a bit tricky but managable. Though I couldn't find a way to make it work in Underground 2.
The problem is more on clicking, as the click doesn't register for some reason.

Guys. Need a guide to tune Swat 4. Starting a mission. See a skybox room and nothing else. Choosing skybox texture in dev menu but nothing changed.

What I'm doing wrong?

Also tried to exclude textures.

I've been trying without success to get some old emulators (Project64, Dolphin, NullDC) to work with this method but so far no luck, I wondered if anyone here might have better luck? Dolphin at least showed the remix UI but it was tricky to interact with.
I wasn't able to get it dolphin to load with remix at all, even with older builds that had d3d9, how did you do that?

I tried pcsx2, but the log complains about it being an "unsupported primitive topology" and I get a black screen.
to me, that sounds less hopeful than the other line that pops up in some games' log "trying to raytrace but cannot find a valid camera" (ex. NFSU2)
Those games I believe will work once the full version of remix is released. Emulators though, well fingers crossed but it doesn't seem likely IMO.

I also tried project64, most other emulators I can think of typically use d3d11/12/OGL/vulkan these days, but down to try others that might potentially work!

On another note, one thing I notice is that changing settings through the remix developer menu in game saves all of those changes to rtx.conf, and loads those settings at launch, like a preset. Could be a useful way of getting games to work with specific settings. For example, I got I-Ninja to stop crashing this way by forcing "rtx.froxelMaxDistance" to a value less than the game's maximum, which is shown in the log after a crash.

Guys. Need a guide to tune Swat 4. Starting a mission. See a skybox room and nothing else. Choosing skybox texture in dev menu but nothing changed.

What I'm doing wrong?

Also tried to exclude textures.
Having the same experience- Sky Textures drop-down full of textures that just appear black, only referenced by hex. I've tried meticulously enabling/disabling each one with *some* success, but nothing reliable.

Obviously this whole thing is duct-tape and experimentation right now, but it feels like I'm missing something compared to the previously posted results in SWAT 4.

Newest patch for Portal RTX forces borderless fullscreen option. So you have to select FSE mode in the developer settings. This might cause boot and scaling issues. So to force Exclusive Fullscreen without launching the game, create a file named rtx.conf next to the exe and add "rtx.allowFSE = True" command in it. This will launch games just like before.

Lord of the Rings Return of the king doesnt boot anymore, it crashes after the loading. Probably has to do with the fullscreen shenaningans.

I'm doing it for Freedom Fighters, but its a pita because the cursor won't appear then I open the RTX Menu. So I have to be in Window mode and spam the windows key and left click at the same time to be able to click on the menus. It's nice and all, but I think its better to wait for the full remix release from nvidia.

Games I tried so far:
Freedom Fighters - remix hooks, menu is a pain to use because i can't click properly
COD 4 - CTD
Timeshift - CTD
New Vegas - CTD
Doom 3 - remix won't hook, game starts
Gothic 2 - game starts, remix won't hook
Gothic 3 - remix hooks, black screen, menu glitches and can't be clicked
Prey(2007) - game starts, remix won't hook

Alien Versus Predator Classic 2000 (Steam version) looks like it could work. Missing and translucent textures, but it hooks and you can sort of see the RT on the gun/hand models.

Attachments

• 20221221020630_1.jpg
    20221221020630_1.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20221227053607_1.jpg
    20221227053607_1.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20221227053854_1.jpg
    20221227053854_1.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 21
Back