Formula 1 - 2009 Season

I don't believe it either.

I think Lewis would, while not wanting to roll out the red carpet, relish the competition. The first person you have to beat is your team mate.

On the subject of Cosworth - Auto Motor und Sport are pushing the possibility that Red Bull will also be using Cosworth power next season. McLaren have allegedly vetoed their move to Mercedes-Benz engines and they're keen to ditch the Renaults for some reason.

I'm not sure how many teams Cosworth are allowed to supply in total to be honest. As a new supplier next year perhaps they have special dispensation.

Apparently Cosworth is allowed to develop their engine to make it an attractive proposition compared to the manufacturers' engines.

Red Bull's engine failures this year haven't been because of the engine itself but more how it was installed. Renault has owned up to it, though. Their engine is apparently the third best engine in F1 after McLaren and Ferrari. The Toyota is the least powerful, but who knows. Maybe the Cosworth engines will destroy everything, maybe they will explode like they did when Williams used them last time around.

Well season is very likely over. RBR was smart enough to setup vettel's car for dry conditions (while every weather report says it will be all kinds of weather tomorrow but dry) and ofcourse quali was/is very wet too so he didnt even had a chance.

Now we almost certainly will be stuck with a WDC that either can only perform in a car way faster than the rest or a crybaby.

Thank RBR. Asstards :/

According to Coulthard the call between dry & wet setup in cases like this one is the drivers to make, not the teams

And Jordan said exactly the opposite. Also, at williams they are on full downforce. Really, like they said on BBC if Nakajima would have said I want full downforce, would the team just do that? No it was Head's call.

Ofcourse I suppose the driver does need speak his mind but its still a team desicion I think. Do you really think Vettel would say put it in full dry setup if the track looks more like a river than a track?

FFS, Webber ruined Kimis race by knocking his front wing off, and then Heikki tried to deepfry Kimi in pits :mad:

FFS, I vote for banning Hamilton for life from F1, he clearly punctured Barrichellos tyre on purpose so Button would get championship (easier)

He would still win fairly easy if Barrichello finished in 3rd and Button finished in 6th since I believe there isn't anyone pressuring him on the last couple of laps... it's definitely not easier or harder whether he punctured his tyre or not.

Unfortunately I don't see the time when Hamilton punctured Barrichello tyre (damn commercial..), so I can't judge whether it's Hamilton or Barrichello at fault.

What I can say is that Hamilton is very lucky with the safety car.
Other than that, congrats to Webber, Button, and Brawn GP team. And probably for Kubica too for his first podium finish this year.

Great. See Button turn into JV#2 next season when the others top teams got their cars done right and Button wont be anywhere. He won the WDC when his car was way faster than the rest and apart from today he didnt show any great driving at all.

Great. See Button turn into JV#2 next season when the others top teams got their cars done right and Button wont be anywhere. He won the WDC when his car was way faster than the rest and apart from today he didnt show any great driving at all.

Winning WDC is all about getting into right car at right time. That's how Schumacher won his 6 championships. (The other won by cheating)

FFS, I vote for banning Hamilton for life from F1, he clearly punctured Barrichellos tyre on purpose so Button would get championship (easier)

I vote for banning Barrichellos for slowing down deliberately to try and stuff Hamilton because he knew there was no way he could legally stop Hamilton passing him.

I doubt Hamilton even likes Button, the only association they have is there both English, so am I but I dislike Button and was routing for Vettel or Rubens.

Winning WDC is all about getting into right car at right time. That's how Schumacher won his 6 championships. (The other won by cheating)

Blablabla. Schumacher always managed to perform on a high level for pretty much all of the time. The only high performance we saw on Button was when his car was way faster than the rest and at that time even the worst driver could have managed to be at the front. Apart from today he didnt perform at all after half of the team finished redesigning their cars.

Back