Formula 1 - 2009 Season

On the other hand Kimi has had at least 2 seasons of whopping from Massa who is extremely average as F1 drivers go.

I think he's had enough of it all and will not present any sort of challenge to Hamilton.

Whats good about Massa, he was an also ran for years despite being in the best car most of the time, he lucked in to the title run-in on account of Kimi being well off the pace and Kovalainen being crap.

Whats good about Massa, he was an also ran for years despite being in the best car most of the time, he lucked in to the title run-in on account of Kimi being well off the pace and Kovalainen being crap.

Beating Schumacher or even to look good while being his team mate would be a tall order for anyone for various reasons. I think Massa has shown awesome speed and lately he has been able to keep things together as well, I easily classify him as one of the top drivers. Fisichella is an average driver. In Spa he was faster than Kimi with Force India eventhough he wasn't able to overtake, now look at him at Ferrari driving a similar car with Kimi. Massa would have done much better because he is much faster. I think Alonso is going to have his hands full next season with Massa.

I really hope Kimi goes to Maclaren next season to see a proper comparison between him and Hamilton, although his salary demans and Hamiltons daddy might make it hard. It should be close and interesting.

Massa has grown a lot, he is a lot more mature now than he was before. Kimi will be a contender if the McLaren is up to snuff. Kimi vs. Lewis in the same car would be an awesome sight.

Fisichella knew the Force India car, helped develope it, tested it, raced it for almost a full season.

He jumps into a car total alien that isn't normal due to KERS and doesn't come last.

While I don't argue with your point he's average, I don't think his performance at Ferrari proves it.

Although I am not fond of Alonso I will state right now if he has a good test and gets used to the car he will beat Massa unless told otherwise.

You really think Hamilton or his annoying dad really cares if McLaren sign Kimi? With the evidence of the last couple of seasons I think his dad would love it, another former World Champion for Lewis to dominate.

You are obviously assuming going back to McLaren will somehow make Kimi interested again... if he couldn't do it at Ferrari what makes you think he will elsewhere.

You are obviously assuming going back to McLaren will somehow make Kimi interested again... if he couldn't do it at Ferrari what makes you think he will elsewhere.

I think Kimi has had pretty good motivation this year considering how crap the car has been. He's been training hard and been off the booze too. Those things are different from previous years. I think he did it at Ferrari though, considering that he won the championship, the next year was hard, but it wasn't all Kimi's fault and this year the car has been just crap. Give him a car that has a chance to win and the motivation should be there.

If he drives next season in the same team, he'll present a challenge.

I doubt it. He has been driving for the most successful F1 team in history for 3 seasons now and he's been having motivation problems ever since Massa took the lead in 2008, despite him winning WDC the season before. Given what he has stated since it is clear he won't be driving for Ferrari next year, indicates that he is somewhat unhappy with the Massa love which is understandable. That's through his personality and own lack of PR skills though. Would this be better at McLaren where Hamilton is the clear favorite?

Not a chance. He might be competitive for a while, but sooner or later, I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall back similarly as he has to Massa. It's not his skill which is the problem, it's his motivation and evidently lack of interest.

I think people hoping for a top performing Kimi at McLaren are getting their hopes up a bit too high on this one. He's never really shown us that hunger for success as we've been seeing from Hamilton, Alonso, even Massa.

With the salary he demands I find it rather strange that he will only be motivated with a good car.

It's not just about the car, but let's say that Ferrari's italian "we're all a big family, hugs and kisses for everyone on every occasion, come cry to my shoulder and i'll hold you" mentality isn't the best fit for finnish people :LOL:

I doubt it. He has been driving for the most successful F1 team in history for 3 seasons now and he's been having motivation problems ever since Massa took the lead in 2008, despite him winning WDC the season before. Given what he has stated since it is clear he won't be driving for Ferrari next year, indicates that he is somewhat unhappy with the Massa love which is understandable. That's through his personality and own lack of PR skills though. Would this be better at McLaren where Hamilton is the clear favorite?

Not a chance. He might be competitive for a while, but sooner or later, I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall back similarly as he has to Massa. It's not his skill which is the problem, it's his motivation and evidently lack of interest.

I think people hoping for a top performing Kimi at McLaren are getting their hopes up a bit too high on this one. He's never really shown us that hunger for success as we've been seeing from Hamilton, Alonso, even Massa.

Kimi had very unfortunate last season and many of the things that happened wasn't his fault. It's true that he performed rather badly in time trials, which made races really hard, but he did set 10 fastest laps in the races, gave some points to Massa at the end of the season, had plenty of bad luck with safety cars and mechanical failures and in general the last year Ferrari car seemed to be rather bad in wet conditions. I don't know how he would fare against Hamilton, but I wouldn't rule him out.

Oh, I'm not ruling him out nor am I denying his talent, speed and potential. I just think Kimi's biggest problem is... well himself.

I also think that not having the full support of the team behind him does influence him more than he lets us believe with his cold and emotionless attitude. He kind of lost that support to Massa at Ferrari in the first third of the 2008 season at Ferrari and if he were to join McLaren again, I'd doubt he'd even get it, given Hamilton is their long term investment and british too.

IMHO he also lacks the fighter spirit that would give him more support and make him more loveable as a driver. These are not necessarely bad things or flaws, but I do think it hampers his ability to perform at his best potential.

I think the FIA needs to do something about blocking/chopping. Mark W hit Kimi that way and poor old Naka got even worse. It's dangerous.

This is not the first time Weber has done this either.

Also it's rumoured Button may go to McLaren. It'll be a good move for his career but a bad move for his oversized ego, which will take a hammering being beat by Hamilton every race.

Jean "Sport schmort" Todt will be the new FIA president. Meh. At least he is a good organisator, he can do that and stay away from sporting matters.

So it seems McLaren are looking for a second driver. If Kimi isn't option, why don't they consider Heidfeld? He is the underrated driver who can score points and is reliable as well.

Back