Formula 1 - 2009 Season

Also it's rumoured Button may go to McLaren. It'll be a good move for his career but a bad move for his oversized ego, which will take a hammering being beat by Hamilton every race.

According to Nobert Haug, there has never been any negiations between McLaren & Button for next season

It'd be interesting to see Heidfeld in a competitive car, and it'll fit in nice with Mercedes.

If Kimi goes to Toyota, I'll laugh and laugh and laugh.

Maybe it is what Toyota needs?
I hope he does go to Toyota to be honest.
But if he goes to Toyota all his "I just want a winning car nothing else" was just crap and he went there for the cash.

Well if you believe the rumors its clear already where his priorities are. Or rather, the fact that he demands a certain salary already says enough. If he really only wanted to win he'd even drive for free. He already has enough money to do what he wants anyway so its no problem to have winning as your #1 priority if you really want to.

Maybe Toyota isnt that bad. The field is now very close and lets just assume that this time Toyota is smart enough to keep on track now that with the new rules everybody is sorta on the same level. Maybe if they finally put all that money to good use they can have a good car. Now I dont think they can deliver a WDC winning car, but I do think their car might be capable of more than they've shown so far. Keep in mind that they never really had a top driver. Look at Alonso does in the Renault. I dont think alot of drivers could perform like he does with such a car. If Kimi really still has the motivation I think that even if Toyota doesnt deliver the fastest car (which they wont) with a motivated Kimi it could still be competative even if it isnt the absolute best car.

For Toyota it wont matter much. Even a not so motivated Kimi is still faster than what they got now so for them it will only be good I think.

Of course he wants to get paid, but if he goes to Toyota he will go there for the money and nothing else.

I don't know, maybe he can get them their first win. Toyota needs to win in F1 or they are, if you would excuse my French, fucked.

Isn't it the case that Toyota have the worst engine in F1?

Even if they did manage to design a car that could compete is there engine up to the challenge of matching Mercedes which it's rumoured to be at least 80 bhp down on

I doubt that is true. The whole point of the engine freeze was to have engines that are pretty much the same on a performance level and I believe the FIA keeps track of this. Given how the modern engines have less than 800bhp, a 80bhp difference would mean more than 10% less power. If that is really true, the whole engine freeze rule is failing big time. Besides I dont believe there is such a big difference. Just look at what happens with the KERS cars when they got the 80bhp boost. Even when Ferrari and mclaren still had their shitty aeropacks they would blast past everything. If Toyota really was 80bhp down they wouldnt stand a chance and certainly wont manage podium finishes.

Well, according to the BBC coverage they are and don't forget we already know the engine freeze didn't work as Mercedes and Ferrari both flouted the rule while it's been going which is why Renault (who respected the rule) were allowed to do some engine development to catch up.

Well I dont believe it. As I said, just look at wat 80hp does for KERS cars. Toyota should be destroyed at every start even they really are 80hp down because at the start the only thing that counts in power. I just dont believe it, 80hp is waaay to much to still be able to get on the podium.

Just look at Button in Brazil. The brawn has good aero and good power so why did he have so much trouble getting past him on the straights? Should have been no problem if they are 80hp down. KERS cars with bad aero dont have any problem at all passing on the straights if they can use their KERS button.

Yes there are differences in power, but not 80hp I think. You will notice being 10+% down on power. I mean, if you add 10% of weight to a car you easily notice it, same should go for power.

FFS, I vote for banning Hamilton for life from F1, he clearly punctured Barrichellos tyre on purpose so Button would get championship (easier)

Just so you are aware, the implication is that Barrichello's puncture was Barrichello's fault:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79822

Outgoing Williams driver Nico Rosberg said that he would be seeking a clarification from Whiting about what was acceptable these days - with the German believing drivers were now being too aggressive in defending positions.

His comments come after separate collisions between Mark Webber/Kimi Raikkonen, Rubens Barrichello/Lewis Hamilton and Kamui Kobayashi/Kazuki Nakajima which all occurred after the driver ahead moved across on his rival in a bid to keep hold of his position.

"Barrichello, Webber and Kobayashi did exactly the same thing," said Rosberg. "With Webber, Raikkonen lost his front wing, with Kobayashi, Nakajima had a massive off, which could have been much worse - you can really hurt yourself, marshals and others in that sort of accident.

"With Barrichello, Lewis ran into the back of his tyre. That was the third time – and it is not allowed to happen.

Funny that Trulli and Situl are still arguing!

It was Trulli's fault. End of story.

In other news, Nico Rosberg has confirmed he will not be at Williams next year as we all pretty much knew. He don't want to say where he's going but it is Brawn or McLaren. I'd like to see Nico in competitive machinery. I think he's can be just as fast as Vettel but maybe less error-prone?

http://crashnet.cars.msn.co.uk/news_view.asp?cid=11&id=154093

More of a shock, perhaps, is the $27 million margin between Raikkonen’s retainer and that of Hamilton, and the $37 million that the Finn earned over injured Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa, who is bidding to return to the fray in 2010 following his terrifying high-speed Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying accident back in late July.

1. Kimi Raikkonen $45m

2. Lewis Hamilton $18m

3. Fernando Alonso $15m

4. Nico Rosberg $8.5m

5. Felipe Massa $8m

6. Jarno Trulli $6.5m

7. Sebastian Vettel $6m

Kimi's manager must be really good.

If we are objective then either the other drivers are not paid enough or Kimi Raikonnen's salary is too high.

Edit: his salary for 2009 may be an abberation as he had his contract terminated. It would be helpful if there was more information on this.
Perhals Ferrari were forced to pay Kimi's 2010 salary too, in order to terminate his contract.

If we are objective then either the other drivers are not paid enough or Kimi Raikonnen's salary is too high.

Edit: his salary for 2009 may be an abberation as he had his contract terminated. It would be helpful if there was more information on this.
Perhals Ferrari were forced to pay Kimi's 2010 salary too, in order to terminate his contract.

That $45 million doesn't include the 2010 salary + compensation, and since Kimi's supposed salary is 30 million euros, it's pretty close to that $45 million ($44374497.09)
Kimi is just one of the best drivers, and when he moved to Ferrari, he had the upper hand; Ferrari was ready to do anything to get him at that point.

He doesn't need the money and McLaren is not going to pay through the nose to get him. He has to lower his demands and recognise that there's a recession.

He doesn't need the money and McLaren is not going to pay through the nose to get him. He has to lower his demands and recognise that there's a recession.

Ferrari (okay, Santander) is paying him next years salary anyway + apparently some compensations too, so I'm quite sure he'll go lower ;)

Traditionally Ferrari's NR. 1 driver has had the best salary among drivers, at least after Schumacher went there :), but yeah the gab between the salaries of Kimi and Massa is absurd, when you look at the results they have put in. I hope Kimi doesn't demand the world from Maclaren so we get to see him race next year also.

Back