Summer Game Fest 2023

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend

The show will feature the world gameplay premiere of MORTAL KOMBAT 1 with Ed Boon, as well as a look at the gameplay of ALAN WAKE 2 with Sam Lake from Remedy, plus more game news and announcements including the world premiere of #FortniteWilds the new season of Fortnite launching Friday.

SGF streams live on Thursday, June 8 at Noon PT / 3p ET / 9p CEST.

The LIVE show will be followed by Day of the Devs and Devolver Direct.

The Summer Game Fest 2023 showcase just wrapped up and, as with every year, there was a bevy of Xbox games revealed and shown along the way. From Sonic Superstars to Space Marine 2, we got a look at numerous new titles coming to Xbox – so many, in fact, that we thought it might be useful to round up the highlights in one place.

Here’s a rundown of just some of the new games we can look forward to:

One thing that's really bothering me about the Alan Wake 2 gameplay demo... is that when you turn the camera, the main character swivels with it.. Not a fan of that.

Mortal Kombat's animations are much more improved in this one. I love it
Yeah looks much better than previous games.

I wonder what's the point of fatalities when the X-ray moves could pass for them. They're as brutal as fatalities yet characters get up after them like nothing happened. (Not so) minor quirk I have with modern MK.

Yeah, the game that D4 makes me want to play. The first one that is. The second one I'm cautiously looking forward to. I'm hoping they improve on POE in a similar way to how PoE improved on D2. I'm hoping they don't pull a Blizzard and make D3 almost nothing like its predecessor.

I'm pretty sure at this point that after I'm done with the first playthrough of D4's story, that I'll be done with the game. The gameplay is still really limited unfortunately. Looking forward to another run through PoE before PoE 2 comes out.

Regards,
SB

I'm not super thrilled with the whole FFVII Remake stuff, but I have to admit that it seems they may actually nail some level of open exploration that I didn't think they'd do. Obviously it's not gonna be proper open world(really, the original isn't either), but big-ish areas is still cool. I still expect there's gonna be a lot of content cut or reconfigured from the original in order to fit it all in three episodes, but I'm really glad they have these open-ish areas that help the sense of adventure.

Back