Your most watched movie?

whenever shawshank redemption is on tv, i try to catch a few minutes of it.

others ill watch over and over:
--office space
--as good as it gets <----fantastic
--lock, stock and 2 smoking barrels or snatch
--12 monkeys
--a river runs through it <----highly recommend this movie.

there are a few others, i might add more later.

epic

Galaxy Quest.

If I'm busy with boring stuff at home or even simply having a shower (!), it happens I pop this disc into my PS2 and just let it start. It automatically advances through all the menus and starts the movie. It's a DAMN funny and well-written movie, especially for someone that enjoys star trek too. :)

Another movie I re-watch every now and then is Aliens. Incredible. If it wasn't for a few dodgy optical effects this would have been the ultimate action movie IMO. As it is now it doesn't quite reach that height, but it's still pretty much the best ever. :)

Guden Oden said:
Galaxy Quest.

If I'm busy with boring stuff at home or even simply having a shower (!), it happens I pop this disc into my PS2 and just let it start. It automatically advances through all the menus and starts the movie. It's a DAMN funny and well-written movie, especially for someone that enjoys star trek too. :)
i was truely suprised at how much i liked galaxy quest.

epic

Fight Club
Dr. Strangelove
Office Space
Casablanca
Star Wars ep4-6
Akira

These I can throw into the DVD at anytime.

10 years ago I'd added Bladerunner to the list but after I've seen it about 50 times(at least), I just haven't seen it since. Probably 'cause I know it by heart and can replay it in my head instead. :D

Never understood the deal with Princess Bride... To me, it's just a fairly un-funny movie.

Please let me in on the secret! :)

Most views? It's probably one of the two Ghostbusters movies.. I breathed Ghostbusters for the first 7 years of my life.. or possibly the Star Wars or Indiana Jones trilogies. Also, Terminator 2. More recently, I've seen Sling Blade at least 3 times and Fight Club at least 3 times. Office Space at least twice..

True Lies at least 3 times. T1 at least 3 times. What About Bob?, give or take, 3 times.

Ooo ooo ooo, Back to the Future trilogy and Home Alone 1&2. Practically yearly views on those two sets.

Guden Oden said:
Never understood the deal with Princess Bride... To me, it's just a fairly un-funny movie.

Please let me in on the secret! :)
i have a friend who between him and his brother know every single line of dialogue. They can start from anywhere within the movie and continue without missing a beat. I personally havent gone that far, but i find parts of the movie extremely funny. :) I think its one of those movies that you had to watch as a kid for it to make a lasting impression. When did you first watch it?

epic

the most watched?

Definitley The Interview With The Vampire.

other than that... Vinne the Pooh - The Most Grand Adventure & Ice Age :LOL:

OK - those I watch together with my daughter.

I've seen Bandtis a lot, as my wife adores it, and than...

For my films, apart from the first one nothing comes to my mind as "watched too many times" category. These days the only films I regularly repeat are my daughters ;).

epicstruggle said:
i have a friend who between him and his brother know every single line of dialogue.

LOL, that's kind of extreme... :p As I recall it, there's a fair wee bit of talking in it too, so they must have practiced a lot, hahaa!

I think its one of those movies that you had to watch as a kid for it to make a lasting impression. When did you first watch it?

Perhaps it's one of those movies that only appeals to some people, I dunno. I checked wikipedia, but it only made a passing reference to this movie's cult following (yes, I already knew it has one before you listed it in your post).

I first saw it maybe a year and a half ago or so. Not really sure. Bought the DVD simply because of a lovely Canadian gal who is a huge PB fan. She wrote a story where there's quite a bit of quotes and such, so of course I had to find out what it was all about. Still don't get it tho! :p

And Nelg... I luuuuuvvv Starship Troopers.

And Robocop. Robocop is like, THE coolest movie ever. :)
They don't make 'em like that anymore... (Or like Arthur C. Clarke said, "the future isn't what it used to be." :D)

I guess the ones that i watch eveytime they play them on TV, every year or so ever since they came out:

Dirty Dancing
The Goonies

On DVD i watched The Matrik a hundred times...

Buffy also, but that's not a movie.

I've watched the original Star Wars probably close to 30 times. The first Batman movie is probably second for me, having seen it in the theaters in the summer of '89 eight times. Then there are the films I love but won't watch again, such as Cold Mountain (too sad and depressing).

All time favourite is Short Circuit.
I watched it over and over again, so much so that I knew all his lines and practiced saying it in his voice.
Mary Popins is a close second.

Back