The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Europe, GT4 Prologue was as much as a greatest-hits title (half price).

But didn't have online.
I don't know about GT5:p but $40 can easily be a fair price for a downloadable game that has decent single player and multiplayer.

Damage

Damage does add to the game experience I think. GT claims to be a realistic simulation game but what is realistic about being able to smash your Ferrari into a wall at 300kmph and not even scratch the paint? for me that just ruins the game. you could get away with that in the NFS2 days but ever since NFS4 had damage (and that was in 2000) im really botherd by race games that dont have damage.

Even if its not 100% accurate, which is impossible to begin with unless you want to rebuild every nut and bolt, crash every car in real to see what they can take etc, I'd rather have that than no damage at all.

PD should have option to turn damage on or off but not have different damage settings. Either on or off. When damage is on, when person crashes at 150mph the game should show spectacular crash, then say, "you are dead, the car is destroyed, thank you for choosing GT5" and permanently lock.

PD should have option to turn damage on or off but not have different damage settings. Either on or off. When damage is on, when person crashes at 150mph the game should show spectacular crash, then say, "you are dead, the car is destroyed, thank you for choosing GT5" and permanently lock.

That actually would be amusing. Unfortunetly I'd be the jerk online trying to crash and kill other drivers :D

That actually would be amusing. Unfortunetly I'd be the jerk online trying to crash and kill other drivers :D

Dont need a jerk.

From my experience with XBL Forza 2 and PGR3 and PC GTR, there is allways atleast one noob in the field who either doesn't know how to take a corner, overshoots it, or brake far to early. Which results in multiple car crashes.

Looking really good, despite the overall blandness of Suzuka. The mirrors are still hilariously bad, but the shadows are much improved (no longer visibly "jagged").

the engine sounds are still very bad.
I hope they will fix the sounds and make the cars sound like in the trailer of the prologue.

I agree. This has been one of the most lacking things in the GT games. The engines all sound very boring. Given how passionate about cars Polyphony Digital are, I'm surprised they haven't made any progress in this since the original GT back on PSone. :devilish:

The record every car extensively so maybe how we want cars to sound isn't how they sound in real life :LOL:

I know an Impreza that hasn't been tuned in the game does sound like a real one.

The record every car extensively so maybe how we want cars to sound isn't how they sound in real life :LOL:

I know an Impreza that hasn't been tuned in the game does sound like a real one.

I've driven quite a few of the higher profile cars in Gran Turismo and disagree. In addition, the setup I play the games isn't exactly through tiny TV speakers either... What's missing in the sound in GT is especially the strong note of the engine.

I have never been too bothered with the engine note to be honest, there are far worse noise related issues in the game like the god awful tire "screeching" if you can call it that.

GT5 Presentation conference by SCEJ
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070920/gt.htm

gt06.jpg

gt43.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back