The Complete List of PC Ray Traced Titles with Classification

While we're on that topic:
Starship Troopers: Extermination Update 0.6.2 Patch Notes
Global Illumination
  • We have added two new settings in Global Illumination
    • Lumen HWRT
      is hardware ray tracing, it uses the physical GPU hardware.
    • Lumen SWRT
      is a compute shader (software only) and does the ray tracing internally
Please make sure your hardware supports these settings, as performance may be impacted.

UE5 titles with Software Lumen are present since 2020, I didn't add them because it was implied that UE5 titles with Lumen already support software RT, even if they had hardware RT. It's a known quantity. Instead, I only add UE5 titles with hardware Lumen, RT shadows, or Path Tracing.

Don't you mean software not hardware?

Oh they are relevant, which is why they are included in the first category, it's just that UE5 games with Lumen are known to operate as compute ray tracing.
Sorry, yes i meant harDware :D

But ok, thank for your answer i understand better. I may should dig into the different methods of applying RT XD

++

Added Synced, released in 2023, and supports RT reflections.

Added Retreat to Enen, released in 2022, supports RT reflections.

Added Soulmate, released in 2021 and supports RT reflections.

Last edited:
RTXDI in Outlaws is huge. Wonder if they added it to core Snowdrop or was it a custom thing for this game. Wukong could be big too.

Also Black Myth: Wukong and NARAKA: BLADEPOINT will support full path tracing along side DLSS3.5.

Black Myth is particularly important as it's a UE5 game.

March 14, 2024
Star Wars Outlaws is launching with DLSS 3, Ray Tracing & Reflex delivering the ultimate PC experience.

Last edited:
Nvidia’s marketing in so confusing.

What’s the difference between “full raytracing” in Wukong and RTXDI + raytraced GI in Outlaws? Is that per-pixel GI or probe based?

My understanding is that Cp2077 is doing RTXDI (shadows) + RestirGI + RT reflections.

Isn't RTXGI just probe GI with RT used to improve precision a bit? Seems like some top notch marketing to refer to that as full RT. Seems like whatever they are using is lacking in effectiveness though.

Last edited:
The Wukong blurb doesn’t mention RTXGI. That’s the old probe based setup.

This is “Fully ray-traced Global Illumination” whatever that means.

Full raytracing might refer to the more taxing, broad effects RT implementations found in games as opposed to weak RT implementations.
This phrase has also been extended to refer to path tracing games.

Last edited:
What’s the difference between “full raytracing” in Wukong and RTXDI + raytraced GI in Outlaws? Is that per-pixel GI or probe based?
Outlaws won't have RT reflections. The GI is an in house GI system + the RTXDI from NVIDIA.

Full Ray Tracing in NVIDIA's term is Path Tracing. Cyberpunk uses ReSTIR GI + RTXDI + Reflections. Same thing for Portal RTX.

Isn't RTXGI just probe GI with RT used to improve precision a bit?
Black Myth won't be using RTXGI, they will use ReSTIR GI + RTXDI + Reflections as well as Caustics. Just like the UE5 game Desordre.

Outlaws won't have RT reflections. The GI is an in house GI system + the RTXDI from NVIDIA.

Full Ray Tracing in NVIDIA's term is Path Tracing. Cyberpunk uses ReSTIR GI + RTXDI + Reflections. Same thing for Portal RTX.

Black Myth won't be using RTXGI, they will use ReSTIR GI + RTXDI + Reflections as well as Caustics. Just like the UE5 game Desordre.
It doesn't look like it from the footage. GI looks quite limited.

What about the Wukong footage makes you say that? It’s outdoors with 1-2 light sources. The GI will be most noticeable in the subtlety and resolution of shadows. You’re probably not going to see light bouncing everywhere.

Full raytracing might refer to the more taxing, broad effects RT implementations found in games as opposed to weak RT implementations.
This phrase has also been extended to refer to path tracing games.

Exactly, it’s unclear what they mean. What if a developer (like 4A) develops their own path tracing solution? Does that count too?

Right, I confused ReSTIR with RTXGI.

Wukong looks really well. Naraka is the one which looks a bit weird.

Exactly, it’s unclear what they mean. What if a developer (like 4A) develops their own path tracing solution? Does that count too?
It should. It was the case with CP2077 before they've switched to ReSTIR.

Back