The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally bought a wheel (DF GT) but it won't be here for a few weeks. :(

After a bit of reading, it seems like you can adjust the FF strength... can you do this in GT5P? If so, what would be the most realistic setting, and what are the different levels and/or how many different levels are there?

My only concern now is how/where I'm going to mount the wheel. My coffee table is in a good position, however, it's glass so I wouldn't trust mounting it to that.

Finally bought a wheel (DF GT) but it won't be here for a few weeks. :(

After a bit of reading, it seems like you can adjust the FF strength... can you do this in GT5P? If so, what would be the most realistic setting, and what are the different levels and/or how many different levels are there?

My only concern now is how/where I'm going to mount the wheel. My coffee table is in a good position, however, it's glass so I wouldn't trust mounting it to that.

I have the old dfp wheel for gt5 prologue and I'm not using the full force feedback setting because that has *too much* force for longer playing sessions. So in my opinion you can set force feedback from abysmal to too strong. The force feedback effect also depends quite a lot from the car and speed you are driving. F1+high speeds require ridiculous amounts of strength.

Most realistic setting would be max FF strenght

That reminds me of the time I went to drive my friend's go kart on outside track. Nearly 30 minutes of nonstop driving and I barely could feel my hands anymore and had lost almost all strength to grip the wheel. DFP doesn't come close to that experience and I still don't use full force for gaming just because I'm somewhat faster with less force especially when playing for longer periods.

Not really, at high speeds or edge of grip levels its all pretty much the same. Drive hard and the differences are very small!

But how much does grip have to do with the force required to turn your steering wheel in modern cars?

Another question - is the rotation customizable in GT5P or any other PS3 games for that matter? If so, what do you guys use?

If you mean the amount of wheel can/needs to be turned then yes, it's customisable in couple of different ways. Firstly for example dfp wheel can be used in 900degrees or 270degrees mode. Secondly the car tuning options have setting to how sensitive the wheel in that car is(how much one needs to turn wheel from lock to lock). Thirdly gt5 prologue changes the default sensitivity based on car in effort to match the game to reality. One needs to turn a lot less wheel in f1 car than in some basic family car.

I use 900degrees and adjust the car settings to match my driving style+track. Though on arcade time trials and some other events it is not possible to tune the car. I suppose that's to eliminate "cheating" and to make a very level playfield where everybody runs with default settings.

Thanks again.

Man, I can't wait until I get the wheel! I think I figured out how to make a little mount/table so I can bring it out as one piece when I want to play (PS3/HT is in the living room).

But how much does grip have to do with the force required to turn your steering wheel in modern cars?

Not much, sorry about that, was pretty drunk last night when i replied. (Got bored while listening to GF and a friend of hers talking about girl stuff and iphone 3g is sweet for webbrowsing..)

Finally got my DFGT today, and I can honestly say, this is the most fun I've had with ANY game I've ever played. As a long time GT fan, I can't believe I went this long without getting a wheel.
Took me about 20-30 minutes to fully get used to wheel, and now I'm probably getting better lap times than using the DS3.

If you don't have a wheel for this game, you're truly missing out!

OK, then

I did download the GT5P Jap demo, it took quite a lot of time, had to use PS3proxy etc.

While the graphics were very good, especially the car models (which really could only be done by Japanese car fanatics who work at PD), the track was a bit lackluster in comparision (with no grass), and the game seems to have really high contrast. The London track looks fantastic though.

I don't know quite what to make of the handling though, it seems very hard in the demo, almost harder than real life (like GTA4). Is it supposed to be more realistic than say Forza 2 or just harder? The AI is still not very dynamic, like the PS2 versions.

Is anyone else annoyed at Sony's lies about GT4 Mobile? I bought a PSP just to buy that game, which they showed running on a PSP as well as the box art.
Is it ever going to be released? I think a driving sim like GT would be perfectly suited to a portable console, it seems Sony shot the PSP's chances of success in the foot by not releasing GT4M.

There was a London Track in the demo?

The AI I think responds this time to your actions. There is also grass on the track. It even reacts to the car's motion when it passes by.

According to the latest news from PD they said that the game is still in production for the PSP. It simply isnt ready. It looks like PD's dedication on GT5 has postponed GT4M's production for the mean time

The AI in previous GT's were pretty dumb, but there's definitely an improvement in GT5P.

Some tracks look lackluster, but that's because a lot of the tracks are modeled after real ones. And there is grass on the tracks that are supposed to.

@ Nesh, yes there's a London track, and it does look good indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back