The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are using the GT:HD Concept demo and GT5 Prologue, which is not actually a demo, but a small version of the GT game for a reduced price with 6 tracks, 70ish cars, online racing with 16 players, cockpit view, etc. The demo proper is no longer available as far as I know and only contained the Geiger Nordwand track (located in the Swiss Alps), without AI.

Although wait a minute, is that true? There was also a demo with AI on the Fujitsu track, right? And maybe even another track with only time trial? But I thought that wasn't avialable anymore either?

People are using the GT:HD Concept demo and GT5 Prologue, which is not actually a demo, but a small version of the GT game for a reduced price with 6 tracks, 70ish cars, online racing with 16 players, cockpit view, etc. The demo proper is no longer available as far as I know and only contained the Geiger Nordwand track (located in the Swiss Alps), without AI.

Although wait a minute, is that true? There was also a demo with AI on the Fujitsu track, right? And maybe even another track with only time trial? But I thought that wasn't avialable anymore either?

Prior to the release of GT5P in Japan at the end of 2007 (coinciding with the Tokyo Motor Show), there was a demo on the Japanese PSN featuring Suzuka and about 5 cars, each being revealed in the game at the same time as they were at TMS. I don't remember London being part of that, but I got the Japanese import of GT5P before Christmas and didn't touch the demo again.

Prior to the release of GT5P in Japan at the end of 2007 (coinciding with the Tokyo Motor Show), there was a demo on the Japanese PSN featuring Suzuka and about 5 cars, each being revealed in the game at the same time as they were at TMS. I don't remember London being part of that, but I got the Japanese import of GT5P before Christmas and didn't touch the demo again.

That is the demo only one track, I was basing my opinion of screens/video of the London track. I am also fairly certain that there isn't grass in Suzuka in the demo, or at least not much grass.

That is the demo only one track, I was basing my opinion of screens/video of the London track. I am also fairly certain that there isn't grass in Suzuka in the demo, or at least not much grass.

I will gladly trade off grass for the absolutely jaw dropping interior models that the game is sporting.

Why does grass really matter in a Racing game anyway? Sometimes we can't have our cake and eat it too :p

Watch a replay and you'll see it. It's crap truth be told, but it moves as you drive past and who really would want grass that looked amazing at the expense of something more vital to the game.

Play MotorStorm: Pacific Rift if you like lotsa vegetation in a racing game. ^_^

I have the Motorstorm demo as well, it looks far worse than GT5, so no thanks, but it is fun.

I guess the problem is that I usually play in bumper cam view, so it's mainly the track I see, not the car or the interiors.

Motorstorm is a totally different game, but it's still a very impressive looking game IMO. Plus there are far better looking levels in the actual game.

I have the Motorstorm demo as well, it looks far worse than GT5, so no thanks, but it is fun.

I guess the problem is that I usually play in bumper cam view, so it's mainly the track I see, not the car or the interiors.

Thats one game, where the demo is way of how the game looks and plays. The track you get to try is a yawn and the gfx seem to be from a way earlier build than the retail version.

Motorstorm is a totally different game, but it's still a very impressive looking game IMO. Plus there are far better looking levels in the actual game.

It is an impressive looking game and much more fun than GT5, I just don't like all the dithering and stuff that makes the image look noisy.

It is an impressive looking game and much more fun than GT5, I just don't like all the dithering and stuff that makes the image look noisy.
Personally, I find GT5P (especially with a wheel) more fun, but that's just me.

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say dithering, but I'm assuming it's the dirt and dust that blows onto the camera during a race.

Personally, I find GT5P (especially with a wheel) more fun, but that's just me.

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say dithering, but I'm assuming it's the dirt and dust that blows onto the camera during a race.

No its not dirt and dust, its something to do with the texture filtering, I think. It doesn't look sharp/defined.

No its not dirt and dust, its something to do with the texture filtering, I think. It doesn't look sharp/defined.

Are you playing gt5 prologue with latest patch or some ancient demo version that just plain sucks compared to current build...

Yeah, I played the demo again, the grass is just a green texture, they should fix that for the final release.

Anyone know of a way to unlock the rest of the cars in the Jap demo? They were originally meant to be time-unlocked, but it doesn't do that anymore.

I tried downloading a save game, but that didn't work either for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back