US: 23650000
JP: 13600000

psm04.jpg

Numbers for special editions of PS2

34% of Sakura (Pink) PS2 was bought by female

psm07.jpg

Numbers for software

psm06.jpg

Hehe, my girlfriend wants the Sakura model too (partially to match her mobile phone)... :LOL:

I wouldn't mind silver for style points, but I don't think any of those are the new model, are they? I'll trade functionality for style any day. Plus, costing more doesn't amuse either. But oh well...

Somthing interesting from the graph - notice the last set of bars on the last graph.

The figure for US software sales is 9210. Divide that by North America's population of 310 million and you got a ratio right above 29. Divide the Japanese figure by the Japanese population of 130 and you get a figure just under 29. (Number represents yen spent per person on games) This means that Americans now spend more on console games per person than Japanese, a figure which would have been unbelieveable 10 years ago. Just goes to show you that the focus of the games world has shifted from Japan to America.

Just goes to show you that the focus of the games world has shifted from Japan to America.

You just using Sony's numbers for that? You also gonna count handhelds, mobile phone games, arcades, PCs?

Also the population of North America is *not* 310 Million... 420 million is a closer number... Unless you just mean US and Canada (in anycase you're still comparing 2 countries to 1)...

Somalia/Ethiopia/Papua Ginuea (spelling?? :rolleyes: )/Greenland/Iran (infact entire Middle-east except IRAQ) are colored RED too.... :)

Back