Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

Try one of the PS4 stock checkers sites in a country it's already released. In my experience EU-based retailers are fairly good about shipping to other EU countries - expect to pay a bit more for delivery though.

I tried various search combinations on Google but I dont get anything. Unless I dont know what to search for

I tried various search combinations on Google but I dont get anything. Unless I dont know what to search for

I googled "PS4 stock checker websites" and among the search results on the first page were the following:

http://www.nowinstock.net/uk/videogaming/consoles/ps4/
http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps4-playstation-4
http://www.ps4-deals.com

Some work in realtime by polling the merchant websites frequently and most of these websites will let you setup an alert for when stock becomes available.

Don't thank me yet! Following those infernal things can drive you insane! ;)

I remember when I trying to find an 64Gb Black iPad 2 and I'd be sitting there at twenty past midnight waiting "just another five minutes".

ShopTo deliver internationally, and as part of the EU I guess Greece is supported. I've bought from them and have no complaints, although since become a big player, I've seen EG commenters slag them off (I guess Royal Mail was a day late with some deilvery, making ShopTo the scum of the earth).

Only has back-order though, and you never know how many are in the line ahead of you.

Is there any PS4 or XB1 available in stores in London now? Got a colleague over there now, so might be able to get him to drop by a store :)

Nordic xbots-...sorry, xbox fans, may have to wait until september 2014 until they'll be able to pick up their pre-orders. So reports publication Gamereactor today, apparantly by means of the same sources that gave them the scoop that the bone would be delayed until some time in 2014, and the reason being speculated may be supply-related with bigger markets alledgedly being prioritized.

Disappointing, and surprising for sure if true. That may not actually be the case though; this is just internet rumor and speculation so far, so no need to go overboard just yet...

ShopTo deliver internationally, and as part of the EU I guess Greece is supported. I've bought from them and have no complaints, although since become a big player, I've seen EG commenters slag them off (I guess Royal Mail was a day late with some deilvery, making ShopTo the scum of the earth).

Only has back-order though, and you never know how many are in the line ahead of you.

I had an Xbox One console pre-order at Shopto, but they cancelled it today, as "the shipping regulations had been set" (supposedly meaning they couldn't ship to my country). When I asked them who had set the shipping regulations, they replied "Microsoft". (btw. I live in Denmark). They had no problems sending me an extra controller, though.

You got a controller but no console for it? That sucks. I guess, if they're telling the truth, MS doesn't want a less-than-intended experience in any country they haven't launched in, so want to suppress distribution to non-launch countries while they sort out the localisation. But if it's a year until launch, a part of me wants the platform to hit a dead-end due to entrenched competition. Would be a strong lesson that the world is small and needs to be treated as such. Plan ahead better (hire more people to localise more territories from the beginning), or manage launches better. Or at the very least, allow free market economics with the common-law caveat that places responsibility for bad experiences with the purchaser when shopping internationally.

You got a controller but no console for it? That sucks. I guess, if they're telling the truth, MS doesn't want a less-than-intended experience in any country they haven't launched in, so want to suppress distribution to non-launch countries while they sort out the localisation. But if it's a year until launch, a part of me wants the platform to hit a dead-end due to entrenched competition. Would be a strong lesson that the world is small and needs to be treated as such. Plan ahead better (hire more people to localise more territories from the beginning), or manage launches better. Or at the very least, allow free market economics with the common-law caveat that places responsibility for bad experiences with the purchaser when shopping internationally.

Which is sort of weird as before the launch they said that anyone in a country that wasn't on the launch list would be able to easily get one from another country as there were no region locks on the software.

I wonder if ShopTo is making things up, misunderstood something, you got a bad customer service rep, etc. Or if MS really did change their policy on that.

Regards,
SB

That's true. People have been dissing ShopTo in comment sections, so maybe they're just a bit stupid these days?

Which is sort of weird as before the launch they said that anyone in a country that wasn't on the launch list would be able to easily get one from another country as there were no region locks on the software.

I wonder if ShopTo is making things up, misunderstood something, you got a bad customer service rep, etc. Or if MS really did change their policy on that.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, I expected no problems ordering Xbox One from UK because of MS earlier statements and although the replies in my ShopTo customer service ticket seemed quite convincing, I've just tried to order the Xbox One through Microsoft Store(UK). They had a few left in stock bundled with CoD. If that goes through, I think its safe to say that its not a policy change from MS. But we'll see.

Yeah, I expected no problems ordering Xbox One from UK because of MS earlier statements and although the replies in my ShopTo customer service ticket seemed quite convincing, I've just tried to order the Xbox One through Microsoft Store(UK). They had a few left in stock bundled with CoD. If that goes through, I think its safe to say that its not a policy change from MS. But we'll see.

You can check on amazon.co.uk as well. Afaik there was some talk about this beforehand and they didn't lock anything for us Danes if we bought it in Germany, which I know many did.

You can check on amazon.co.uk as well. Afaik there was some talk about this beforehand and they didn't lock anything for us Danes if we bought it in Germany, which I know many did.

That would be my secondary plan. At this point, I'm interested in seeing how Microsoft Store handles my order. As it is in stock, their response should be quick. Right now I have an order confimation from their store, and everything seems to be in order. If it ships, I have some serious questions to ShopTo about their handling of my pre-order. If it doesn't, I would have some doubts about buying the Xbox One at all, as I would then question MS business practises.

That would be my secondary plan. At this point, I'm interested in seeing how Microsoft Store handles my order. As it is in stock, their response should be quick. Right now I have an order confimation from their store, and everything seems to be in order. If it ships, I have some serious questions to ShopTo about their handling of my pre-order. If it doesn't, I would have some doubts about buying the Xbox One at all, as I would then question MS business practises.

Ehmm it says

IKKE PÅ LAGER

On Microsofts store page..?

It seems that i can order it on Amazon.co.uk.

I've a friend who is desperately trying to get a One and they are coming in stock, being bought, and going out of stock crazily quickly all over the place.

Ehmm it says

It seems that i can order it on Amazon.co.uk.

If you look back a few posts, you can see it was from the UK Microsoft Store I ordered the console.

Edit: I think I may have to explain this in more detail. If I go to Microsoft Store, I will be presented with the danish front, which have no Xbox Ones on stock (as it isn't even released here). If I find a link on another site to the Microsoft Store ( like here ) I can still sign in with my MS account and order the Xbox Ones available, and even get them shipped to Denmark, it seems. I got an order confirmation immediately, and now I'm waiting to see if it actually ships.

Edit2: A microsoft representative assured me the console was underway. He/she did seem surprised to see that I was actually able to order a console through their online store, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back