Deja Vu from the past :)

Easy. How do u force overlays on gamers that don't plug anything into the HDMI in?

?

I'm talking about forcing them to pay for something which they may not be interested in.

Not sure on what the overall cost to add something like this would be, but I'd much rather this be something which can be chosen, rather than a forced cost to be paid.

?

I'm talking about forcing them to pay for something which they may not be interested in.

Not sure on what the overall cost to add something like this would be, but I'd much rather this be something which can be chosen, rather than a forced cost to be paid.

Sony wouldn't be forcing anyone to pay for anything any differently than they pay for unused features now. Every port on the back of a console isn't readily used by the entire userbase. Are you "forced" to pay for the cheap headset or Move centric led light on the DS4? By your logic if you don't use a feature of the PS4 then you were "forced" to pay for it. You will spend $399 on the PS4 because of the value it offers you. People don't tend to discount their perceived value of a console based on unused features. Those features are typically seen as superfluous.

The likelihood of Sony including HDMI in through a revision will be based on its potential adoption by a significant portion of the userbase. And just because you don't want it, doesn't mean its inclusion is not warranted.

In that case Commodore CDTV predates the NEC TurboGrafx-CD too, so NEC were third. According to Wikipedia, the CDTV was even months earlier that the CDi, so Davros too is totally wrong. :p

I's ague that since the cdtv was essentially an amiga (it had a keyboard) it didnt qualify as a console but a home computer
otherwise I would of mentioned the mighty p.c and the philips CM100 from 1985

M-CD wasn't the first, but it was far more powerful than PC Engine. It had CD audio + CD quality (maybe) PCM audio + 256KB shared ram (kinda like a virtual cart with MD) + 512 KB dedicated ram for its 12 mHz 6800 + it could play badass animated sequences in 63 colours.

This was the first CD based based console game I ever saw, in 1991, on import, because I went to badass import games shops that existed in side streets and smelled of cigarettes and had people (men) with greasy ponytails working there. Badass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxNjU-2HWJA

Back