Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

If you look back a few posts, you can see it was from the UK Microsoft Store I ordered the console.

Edit: I think I may have to explain this in more detail. If I go to Microsoft Store, I will be presented with the danish front, which have no Xbox Ones on stock (as it isn't even released here). If I find a link on another site to the Microsoft Store ( like here ) I can still sign in with my MS account and order the Xbox Ones available, and even get them shipped to Denmark, it seems. I got an order confirmation immediately, and now I'm waiting to see if it actually ships.

Edit2: A microsoft representative assured me the console was underway. He/she did seem surprised to see that I was actually able to order a console through their online store, though.

Gratz fellow dane, i will hold on to my danish pre-order for the time being..

Thanks. I am just impatient (and perhaps a tad tenacious..) :)
Also, I don't think MS has given us a release date (and rumours seem to point at 3rd quarter 2014)

Thanks. I am just impatient (and perhaps a tad tenacious..) :)
Also, I don't think MS has given us a release date (and rumours seem to point at 3rd quarter 2014)

This may sound strange, but in this round I am actually more excited about what the xb1 one is going to be like. But I am going to wait for the Microsoft version and therefore wait for the proper danish edition, but by all means please keep me posted while I wait :)

Are you both Danish? I am not, but add me whenever your console ships at your home. You can find my gamertag in my signature.

Congratulations on your successful pre-order Aenima, I hope you have lots of fun with it. Cheers

Are you both Danish? I am not, but add me whenever your console ships at your home. You can find my gamertag in my signature.

Congratulations on your successful pre-order Aenima, I hope you have lots of fun with it. Cheers

Thanks and yes, I'm a dane. I expect my Xbox One friends list to be quite short everything considered... so expect a weird name to pop up on your console in the near future :)

Btw. just got a track and trace link for UPS, with an expected delivery date of the 17th of december.

This may sound strange, but in this round I am actually more excited about what the xb1 one is going to be like. But I am going to wait for the Microsoft version and therefore wait for the proper danish edition, but by all means please keep me posted while I wait :)

Yeah, I see a lot of potential in the console. I would be happy to share my impressions of the console on the relevant thread, when I get it next week.

If you look back a few posts, you can see it was from the UK Microsoft Store I ordered the console.

Edit: I think I may have to explain this in more detail. If I go to Microsoft Store, I will be presented with the danish front, which have no Xbox Ones on stock (as it isn't even released here). If I find a link on another site to the Microsoft Store ( like here ) I can still sign in with my MS account and order the Xbox Ones available, and even get them shipped to Denmark, it seems. I got an order confirmation immediately, and now I'm waiting to see if it actually ships.

Edit2: A microsoft representative assured me the console was underway. He/she did seem surprised to see that I was actually able to order a console through their online store, though.

Hi.

Extremely tempted to do this myself, but as UK uses a different power plug compared to Europe (I'm in Norway btw), how would that work? Do you plan to use an adapter or does the power brick have a seperate power cord, and that can be replaced with one that has a euro type plug?

Hi.

Extremely tempted to do this myself, but as UK uses a different power plug compared to Europe (I'm in Norway btw), how would that work? Do you plan to use an adapter or does the power brick have a seperate power cord, and that can be replaced with one that has a euro type plug?

It got separate power cord which looked like the socket from PC psu (not sure if it's the same). Connector wise, I think it's the same as the one on 360. Not sure if it's interchangeable wattage wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
It got separate power cord which looked like the socket from PC psu (not sure if it's the same).

That's what I thought. But it seems they have made it harder to order from the UK store, I came as fare as the billing info, but was unable to get further because they require a UK post code in the billing info (I guess I could just put in a post code, but I chickend out ;-))

Aenima: Did you have to put in a UK post code when ordering?

That's what I thought. But it seems they have made it harder to order from the UK store, I came as fare as the billing info, but was unable to get further because they require a UK post code in the billing info (I guess I could just put in a post code, but I chickend out ;-))

Aenima: Did you have to put in a UK post code when ordering?

As far as I remember, it had a drop-down list of all european countries, when I ordered my console... But I signed in with my MS account before ordering, so they already had my billing address before I even got to that part of the order process.. But I was quick to order, as I wanted to get a console while they were in stock, so I might have forgotten or missed a few details of the process. It seemed pretty straightforward, while I was at it, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I remember, it had a drop-down list of all european countries, when I ordered my console... But I signed in with my MS account before ordering, so they already had my billing address before I even got to that part of the order process.. But I was quick to order, as I wanted to get a console while they were in stock, so I might have forgotten or missed a few details of the process. It seemed pretty straightforward, while I was at it, though.

Thanks for the reply :)
Even tough I was able to sign in with my MS account on the UK MS store, I was unable complete the order :(
But no worries, as I was able to order the FIFA14/XboxOne bundle from the German MS store :) have got the order confirmation and they have already taken my money, so fingers crossed :) Also ordered Forza 5 steel box edition from GAME.co.uk, so if everything goes well I should have a shiny new XboxOne and Forza 5 in time for x-mas :)

Thanks for the reply :)
Even tough I was able to sign in with my MS account on the UK MS store, I was unable complete the order :(
But no worries, as I was able to order the FIFA14/XboxOne bundle from the German MS store :) have got the order confirmation and they have already taken my money, so fingers crossed :) Also ordered Forza 5 steel box edition from GAME.co.uk, so if everything goes well I should have a shiny new XboxOne and Forza 5 in time for x-mas :)

Good to hear. Otherwise I would suggest trying the Irish MS store, which I've heard some people getting their orders through on. I will buy Forza 5 online (I hope that I can order games online) as I really, really don't want to have any discs next-gen.

Stopped by a Gamestop here in Oslo today, I asked about the next shipment which is supposed to come before christmas.
They could not say anything about exacte date, but if I put down a pre-order now, I could get one in january. They expected to have them in stock for drop in and buy during march.

I just got it today, and here are a few things to be aware of :
1) Not surprisingly, the power cord from UK/Irish consoles needs a converter if you, like me, live in Denmark/Scandinavia (which can be bought rather cheaply, I got mine from an airport like 8 years ago, and it costed 8£-ish). There are no other cords in the box.
2) More serious is that I've not been able to assign a credit (VISA) card to my Xbox One. Microsoft simply doesn't have that option in their forms. So my plan to go all digital this gen, has been postponed, as I now have to get the disc versions. If I could just buy the QR codes, because those do work (as I've tried to scan the bundle code for CoD:Ghosts).
This could be a potential problem, especially with online-only content. I would make a rant here against MS, but I kind of expected some problems buying the console before release. Still feels like an arbitrary limitation.

I hear you can do it if you use the Irish store. There's some discussion about that elsewhere. Just have to say that you're Irish yourself or something like that, for the time being.

As for me, the original PSP back in 2004 was the last thing I'll likely ever buy outside of my own region - my country will get most things eventually, and I can wait. But some people barely have a choice.

1) Not surprisingly, the power cord from UK/Irish consoles needs a converter if you, like me, live in Denmark/Scandinavia (which can be bought rather cheaply, I got mine from an airport like 8 years ago, and it costed 8£-ish). There are no other cords in the box.

Can't you just replace the power cord going from the wall socket to the powerbrick?

I hear you can do it if you use the Irish store. There's some discussion about that elsewhere. Just have to say that you're Irish yourself or something like that, for the time being.
"Baby boom in Ireland! Ireland has seen massive population increases in 2014, with millions of new Irish, apparently leading many to emigrate across Europe, according to the latest demographic statistics..."

Back