Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

How about just a plug adapter on the end, the two round prongs?

I thought Ireland used the same plugs as the rest of Continental Europe, instead of the funky flat prongs that the UK uses.

2) More serious is that I've not been able to assign a credit (VISA) card to my Xbox One. Microsoft simply doesn't have that option in their forms. So my plan to go all digital this gen, has been postponed, as I now have to get the disc versions. If I could just buy the QR codes, because those do work (as I've tried to scan the bundle code for CoD:Ghosts).
This could be a potential problem, especially with online-only content. I would make a rant here against MS, but I kind of expected some problems buying the console before release. Still feels like an arbitrary limitation.

I don't buy mine from the console. I buy the digital version directly from the Microsoft Xbox Store. And then download it on the Xbox One.

You might want to give that a try.

You can alternatively buy "Xbox Gift Cards" (for example, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/50-xbox...02-134?id=1219043332980&skuId=9879272&st=xbox card&cp=1&lp=6 ) and then deposit it into your Xbox account.

Cash balance is shared between X360 and Xbox One (it's all the same account). So if you have an X360 you can add funds to your account on that maybe and then use it on Xbox One.

Regards,
SB

My anecdotal experience in Florida. Sam's Club and my local exchange both had X1 readily available over the weekend. Saw around 8 at Sams and counted around 13 at the exchange. Almost pulled the trigger at the exchange since it's tax free.

I didn't see any PS4 systems at either location. Also sucked that neither places had demo units---still haven't seen either system in person:(

I am thinking about purchasing a PS4 from ebay but I am concerned about warranty in case it fails in the future. Otherwise I dont see me with a PS4 until february which is the launch month in my area

I don't buy mine from the console. I buy the digital version directly from the Microsoft Xbox Store. And then download it on the Xbox One.

You might want to give that a try.

You can alternatively buy "Xbox Gift Cards" (for example, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/50-xbox...02-134?id=1219043332980&skuId=9879272&st=xbox card&cp=1&lp=6 ) and then deposit it into your Xbox account.

Cash balance is shared between X360 and Xbox One (it's all the same account). So if you have an X360 you can add funds to your account on that maybe and then use it on Xbox One.

Regards,
SB

After having tried 12-14 combinations of my account region and adding credit cards, I've closed the case on using the Xbox.com shop. For now at least. Problem is, that I have to choose a (launch) region for my console, and the credit cards added to my danish account can't be used in that region. When trying to add a credit card in another region (like beforementioned UK) I simply cannot fill out a correct billing address as I have to use a UK specific form which only accepts, for example, UK post codes. Same goes for other region/account combinations. PayPal also seems problematic.

The gift cards might work, though. Have to look into that.

How about just a plug adapter on the end, the two round prongs?

I thought Ireland used the same plugs as the rest of Continental Europe, instead of the funky flat prongs that the UK uses.

When I said converter, I actually meant plug adapter. Sorry, wrong choice of words.

The plug for my console certainly wasn't a continental Europe one.

edit: Just searched it.. I can see Ireland use the same plugs as in UK.

BestBuy.com has had X1 stock at 499 unbundled for literally I believe the past 5 days now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-console/9008182.p?id=1219013502542&skuId=9008182

I'd say this qualifies as a Wii U like "not sold out" almost at this point. Even if I'm thinking it's a little bit buried at Best Buy and people dont know about it (Amazon continues to sell out whenever they get X1 for example)

December NPD might be pretty impressive for Microsoft.

I think we'd need to know how much stock Amazon is getting to draw any conclusions from that. Best Buy having systems is interesting but again its hard to draw conclusions without knowing how many systems they are getting.

Its kinda interesting that more info is out in the public about Gamestop's pre-order list for example. It's highly likely that MS is throwing as much supply as they can to the US but what does that mean about demand for XB1 and next gen gaming in general is up in the air at this point. One thing is for sure this is not playing out like the 360 launch but is that due to more production, less demand or cost issues is hard to say and yes December NPD will be very interesting indeed.

I had a long online chat with a (UK) MS representative the other day, and it clear that MS has made a decision to rule out the online market for any and all countries, where the Xbox One hasn't been released. You cannot add a credit card to your console (unless you fake a billing address in a release country). Just wanted to make it clear for anyone in a similar situation.
If anyone has found a (legal) way to circumvent that limitation, I'd be happy to hear your solution.

If the mods find this post is in the wrong thread, feel free to move/delete it.

I had a long online chat with a (UK) MS representative the other day, and it clear that MS has made a decision to rule out the online market for any and all countries, where the Xbox One hasn't been released. You cannot add a credit card to your console (unless you fake a billing address in a release country). Just wanted to make it clear for anyone in a similar situation.
If anyone has found a (legal) way to circumvent that limitation, I'd be happy to hear your solution.

If the mods find this post is in the wrong thread, feel free to move/delete it.

Don't know if it's completely legal, but what I did was to buy pre-payed xbox live credits (I bought it from www.game.co.uk), then it was just a mater of redeeming the code on the xbox. But still had to put in a UK post code in the billing info, so I ended up just putting in a random UK post code. Who knows how long it will work and what will happen when the xbox one is released in Norway(you can easily change your billing info, so that's what I plan to do once the xbox one is released in Norway)

Ps: The power cord that goes from the wall socket to the powerbrick is a standard PC-psu cord, but it's missing the ground cord, so I would think a normal psu cord would be usable(so you don't have to use a power plug converter)

Hope that helps :)

Don't know if it's completely legal, but what I did was to buy pre-payed xbox live credits (I bought it from www.game.co.uk), then it was just a mater of redeeming the code on the xbox. But still had to put in a UK post code in the billing info, so I ended up just putting in a random UK post code. Who knows how long it will work and what will happen when the xbox one is released in Norway(you can easily change your billing info, so that's what I plan to do once the xbox one is released in Norway)

Ps: The power cord that goes from the wall socket to the powerbrick is a standard PC-psu cord, but it's missing the ground cord, so I would think a normal psu cord would be usable(so you don't have to use a power plug converter)

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the tip about the pre-paid credits, I think S_B had a similar solution. I don't feel comfortable giving wrong billing address info, though, so I'm not sure it really is a solution for me.

Yes, the power cord is mostly standard, but I feel more safe using the plug adapter for now (as it works perfectly).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip about the pre-paid credits, I think S_B had a similar solution. I don't feel comfortable giving wrong billing address info, though, so I'm not sure it really is a solution for me.

It's only the post code that needs to be UK (and obviously it's going to say you are in the UK), but everything else (street adr, City etc, you can just put in your correct info)
But I see your point :) (I NEEDED to buy the Forza 5 season pass, so for me this was a good enough solution)

Yes, the power cord is mostly standard, but I feel more safe using the plug adapter for now (as it works perfectly).

Of course, if it ain't broke, why fix it :)

I don't feel comfortable giving wrong billing address info, though, so I'm not sure it really is a solution for me.
If you need a valid UK name and address to corroborate online purchases like this, PM me. Most retailers don't cross reference the actual address to the post code though so you may be ok!

I don't feel comfortable giving wrong billing address info...
There's no reason to feel bad about it. They don't need your billing address for online services if you're going to use credit bought on gift cards. It's not like you can defraud the system by buying/using something on credit for which they need your address to chase up payment. Nor are they sending anything to your address that you want it to be correct.

A decent system wouldn't ask for your details except where you are registering a credit card (which they want you to do). Gift cards makes that an optional and the accounts could be anonymous. The console company still gets the money from the card purchases. There's no ethical or legal reason to use correct details except for the T&C.

Also, how does MS handle people moving country? What if someone moves to a country where the platform isn't supported? Can they still access it via their old address? If so, there's no rule stating that the address has to be where you live, only where you've been.

XB1's looking for loving homes in Michigan...

These XB1 units are available at the Toy's R US as of 1:30am EST, in Sterling Heights, MI at M59 near Great Lakes Crossings. Open 24hrs until Christmas eve...

The XB1 units pictured have been available for the last 48hrs or more, per customer service. PS4's are sold-out, usually within 20-30 minutes of arriving, along with most of the games, per customer service. So you have a great chance on getting one of the XB1's, not so much the PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back