Small new clip of heavenly sword during "HEROES"

Downloading at 200+KBps rather than <15 is certainly appreciated.

Ugh. If anybody is going to force my hand and make me buy a PS3 at the current price, it WILL be you guys at Ninja Theory.

Motorstorm is @20-25GB too, also compressed. Filling up a complete single layer bluray-disc. Resistence was @ 16GB or something. But there was some duplicate data on that one, that's propbably the case on every PS3 Bluray game that fills up a complete Bluray.

This is like the third game I know of that will use a Bluray to full or almost full extent. Interesting to me was, that I heard it was actually better for the game/loadtimes to compress as much data as possible. It seems that de-compressing on the fly would improve loadtimes a lot compared to loading that same data uncompressed. Is that a first-timer because of Cell's decompression qualities, or is this something normal for a couple of years now?

Interesting to me was, that I heard it was actually better for the game/loadtimes to compress as much data as possible. It seems that de-compressing on the fly would improve loadtimes a lot compared to loading that same data uncompressed. Is that a first-timer because of Cell's decompression qualities, or is this something normal for a couple of years now?

I have understood that decompression on the fly is a must not an option as it is much faster and has been that way for a long time. Feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong.

Is that a first-timer because of Cell's decompression qualities, or is this something normal for a couple of years now?
It's been normal since PS2, if not PS1 before it. Optical drives are slow. There's no magic in PS3 to make using compression a good idea. It's practically suicidal not to use compression. eg. An 8x DVD transfers data at 11 MB/s, so loading 500 MB of data would take 45 seconds. Compressed at 4:1, that loading time is reduced to 12 seconds. As long as decompression is faster than optical transfer, which it has been for a long time, compressing data on disc is the only sensible choice.

644_0013.jpg

644_0023.jpg

2f0d0jq.jpg

450p401.jpg

Its unbelievable what they have achieved on the console :oops:

Her face is so well made its almost like watching a CG.

Indeed. But I have to admit though that this game has been in development far long before PS3 was shown

That doesnt really matter to me to be honest. You still have to have some kind of PS3 hardware and tools to program for the machine. Lots of 1st gen games are in development for years.

Back