Small new clip of heavenly sword during "HEROES"

You made me expect some insider stuff :devilish:

On second thought, why is that even there? Some kind of TV show?

vlcsnap260260bv3.png

4g64e9h.png

42i4ygj.png

40k658l.png

Like WOAH!

I like it.

The X is reminescent of the boss battles in God of War.

But the vertiginous environment looks like Ico.

Actually, I liked the navigation around those cliffs in Ico better. Those were some interesting puzzles.

I have a few comments to make on this clip.

1) The draw distance is fantastic.

2) Her character model seems to have improved significantly. A while back nAo was talking about how she has improved way beyond what we had seen before. Of course we can only see portions of her body, but it's clear to me that there is an improvement. As an example her skin (from what we can see in this clip) does not look plastic like but like real skin. I wonder if they are pulling off some sort of sub-surface scattering!

3) The cloth physics are really good. Her cloths seem to be flowing nicely as she is flying through the air.

4) Her hair looks about the same. I like the long hair, but for some reason I can't get past the fact that it looks geometric. It's simply not smooth and flowing. Basically, it does not look natural.

5) From what I can tell the bad guys on the bridge don't look as detailed as Nariko. But they were not in the clip very long. Just an observation.

6) The end of the rope she was running on was just standing in the air holding onto nothing. Was it supposed to be attached to something? I know we are in a fantasy universe, but it seems the rope should have connected to something.

6) The end of the rope she was running on was just standing in the air holding onto nothing. Was it supposed to be attached to something? I know we are in a fantasy universe, but it seems the rope should have connected to something.
I would imagine it's because prior to the start of the video clip one of the enemies on the platform cut the rope in an attempt to restrict Nariko's advances.. Obviously it didn't work.. ;)

If anyone is interested the clip is up at:

www.playsyde.com

Yup, it looked like the guy she lands on cut the rope as she was trying to access it (with the huge axe). Notice at the beginning him moving to the right as shes running across the rope. It seems like the rope was falling, and her moving so fast made it appear in slow motion.

Im wathcing Heroes every week, and this is so awesome. Now we know that show is happening somewhere in late 2007. :)

nAo, any clarification on how HS ended up on Heroes?? That is if you know.

I could think it through myself but the inane ramblings of a naive so & so don't carry as much weight as someone "inside" the game...

Say thanks to our amazing artists! :)

Thanks to the artists, but also thanks to the programmers that are actually UTILIZING the CELL and RSX in the making of Heavenly Sword instead of just putting out shovelware to make a quick buck.

I admire game developers like nAo and others who strive for quality.

Back