Small new clip of heavenly sword during "HEROES"

Draw Distance is 10Km to be slightly more precise ;-) tho in that level there is nothing beyond about 5Kms

:oops:

Definitely rinses the hell out of games like oblivion (even with the LOD mods it still looks "ok" at a distance and yet absolutely REQUIRES at least 512MB VRAM.. & you guys are doing all this with only 256???)

So how did you manage it from a technical standpoint?

Some advanced SPE optimised LOD and content streaming perhaps...?

:?:

Them playing the game I can understand. The game taking up the whole screen without any indication anyone's playing it is just...extraordinary. I'd expect it to be shown with a TV border or something to show it's off screen, or in some other way a part of the programme, instead of looking like someone's hijacked your TV with their console!

:LOL: This is the show that mentions "Nissan Versa" every ten second or so! And you can't believe that they'll give a PS3 and one of its game much time? Heroes has been pushing the envelope regarding product placement in a TV series and that's not really good thing :p

Definitely rinses the hell out of games like oblivion (even with the LOD mods it still looks "ok" at a distance and yet absolutely REQUIRES at least 512MB VRAM.. & you guys are doing all this with only 256???)

To be fair there not a lot out there at that distance, we have a sector system so we just use that distance for background things not gameplay items.

They can use the XDR for the texture..

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair there not a lot out there at that distance, we have a sector system so we just use that distance for background things not gameplay items.

Would you or nAo happen to know how old or new this build was that they shown? Is it from this year or last year?

4dlwphz.jpg

Crossbar said:
Is that a golfbag or a medieval bazooka?

Tour Edge's Bazooka
jmaxironwood.jpg

http://golf.about.com/cs/equipmentreviews/a/tejmaxiwset.htm

Product placement in Heavenly Sword confirmed.

Just want to say thanks to the entire NT team. I will definitely explore and play through this game thoroughly and carefully. I really like the surreal environment.

i assume thats a battering ram
the kickback on a weapon of that caliber cant be handheld, though of course being a vg doesnt mean if has to be realistic
Sounds very impressive considering my crappy graphics card can barely cope with 1km
does not make sense

:LOL: This is the show that mentions "Nissan Versa" every ten second or so! And you can't believe that they'll give a PS3 and one of its game much time? Heroes has been pushing the envelope regarding product placement in a TV series and that's not really good thing :p
Well at least they've been pushing GOOD products so far... ;)

Looks good, nothing unexpected though, par for the course but that golf bag doesn't look like a weapon.:p

Wow! Are you serious? So having HDR, 4xAA, 8xAF in places, faux SSS on the Nariko's skin, with huge areas that have 5-10 km draw distances isn't out of this world?
And you can tell all that from this little picture??

4dlwphz.jpg

I have no doubt the game will be a technical tour de force, but looking at these very limited pictures, there's not much that shines because they're such a small view. You can't see 4xAa for example. Any picture scaled to that size will look to have good IQ!

And you can tell all that from this little picture??

4dlwphz.jpg

I have no doubt the game will be a technical tour de force, but looking at these very limited pictures, there's not much that shines because they're such a small view. You can't see 4xAa for example. Any picture scaled to that size will look to have good IQ!

Have you seem the HD clip over at playsyde? (The one that's the topic of conversation?)

Back