Small new clip of heavenly sword during "HEROES"

It is probably from the TGS demo.
Its a clip from a demo we call the software showcase demo (It was a internal Sony thing a couple of months ago) its a lot longer than that obviously but that's the rope slide ninja sequence (what we call those push button on screen things) from the walkways level.

i assume thats a battering ram
the kickback on a weapon of that caliber cant be handheld, though of course being a vg doesnt mean if has to be realistic

does not make sense
Its the bazooka... just don't ask me why it looks like that, its also sometimes looks quite rude...

Its a clip from a demo we call the software showcase demo (It was a internal Sony thing a couple of months ago) its a lot longer than that obviously but that's the rope slide ninja sequence (what we call those push button on screen things) from the walkways level.

So this is from late last year?

And you can tell all that from this little picture??

I have no doubt the game will be a technical tour de force, but looking at these very limited pictures, there's not much that shines because they're such a small view. You can't see 4xAa for example. Any picture scaled to that size will look to have good IQ!

Because look at this picture and everything in it. Flowing water falls, beautiful HDR lighting, huge landscapes, 720p resolution, etc. I mean it's right there.

2yyr47o.jpg

Now look at the HD video of this in motion and you will really understand.

Deanoc,

May I ask if you are using any sub surface scattering or tricks to fake SSS on Nariko?
We have a custom skin shader, it simulates the effect of SSS but isn't doing anything clever or complex like actually properly modeling it... Its an art tuned shader rather than a technically correct one. The initial work was done by our old Art Director Hughes Giborie (I don't know how to spell his second name he's french!! ;-) ) who now works for Digital Eclipse over in Canada.
Since then its been tuned by a number of artists and programmer and lets our awesome character artists achieve some wonderful results (and I'm not saying that cos I worked on it, cos i didn't).

One thing's for sure

You ve done some incredible work :D

Should we expect a lot more from GDC?

Love the animation. Keep that camera swinging around, making it cinematic like this. Devs are often too afraid to sometimes take matter out of the hands of gamers, and they stay with a fixed camera point in third or first person througout the whole game. That's not working anymore, too dull.

It's okay to include some camera pan-outs, zooms, or all kind of swinging around when gaming. These scripted animation-scenes when you push a button, remind me of God of War, when you initiate a complete brutal scene of kill-animations with the timing of button-slashes. It's this kind of stuff that really really boosts the game above the average hack&slash game in this genre. You may not actually do all the scripted animation with your controller, as long as they give you the illusion that you are involved in it, it works.

It's like a cutscene integrated in the game, the more interactive and less scripted they can make it, the closer you get to cinematic/CGI like gameplay.

Anyone remember Battle Arena Toshiden used to let you rotate the camera while you're fighting?

Or Mario64 let you use to control the camera as well?

Seems they've gone away from user-control.

I know for cut-scenes, it's better to have "cinematic" cameras. Part of art direction and all that.

But being able to explore more would be nice.

Looks nice.

Your artists are doing a pretty amazing job hiding geometry edges :) Probably the lighting that is doing this the most though. Then again it's not the highest res capture

When she lands, I think they guy in front of her must be blind. He looks around trying to see whats happening :p :p

And I assume there won't be ginormous X's and squares flashing on screen all the time? ;)
It does look touched up otherwise too. There seem to be an extra layer of clouds that don't match the camera movement, etc.

I was watching heroes earlier and then that scene came out and I was like that game they're playing looks really familiar...

then i was like hey wait a minute that's Heavenly sword!

it only had close to maybe five seconds or something screentime-wise...

but it was well worth it!

I was more excited watching the heavenly sword appearance than the spiderman 3 teaser LOL

What is Heroes? Some TV show?

Some? More like "THE".

I admit it looks good. But is nothing out of the ordinary for me, it just
is God of WAR High res for me. Maybe it changes my mind after playing
it.

SO nAo DeanoC where is my promised BETA? ;-D

@nAo & DeanoC

how much space takes this game on BD @the moment?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice.
When she lands, I think they guy in front of her must be blind. He looks around trying to see whats happening :p :p

To me it looks like he's trying to swing his weapon and trying to hit nariko with it. Due to his weapon being so heavy he needs to take longer swing and due Nariko being SO BADASS he doesn't have the time to do it and gets a foot in the face. EXCELLENT!

http://generationdreamteam.free.fr/afrika/heavenlysword/hs3.gif

You can see it better in this one.

Its kinda funny when you watch the full .gif, he's taunting nariko thinking she won't make it. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back