Assassin's Creed: Origins [PC]

Jupiter

Veteran

Release date: 27 October 2017

Copied from NeoGaf:
• You can ride a camel.
• You can dive underwater.
• Loot system with rare/epic/legendary weapons.
• RPG leveling system inspired by FFX.
• A focus on tomb-raiding with 20 tombs to explore with puzzles and all. That includes pyramids, tombs, and temples.
• Eco system with animals interacting and attacking each other.
• You have a shield this time around. You can deflect arrows by it then reuse them.
• Started working on game before unity
• Brand new fighting System
• New A.I.
• No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top
• No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick
• Crouching is back
• Story is being kept a secret
• Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies
• Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra
• You can climb everything in the game
• Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria
• The controllable eagle leak was true
• NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature"
• Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger
• A.I. does not take turns to attack
• New combat system is more hit-box driven
• As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed
• Left shoulder button is lock on
• There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins)
• Stat element of customization is removed
• New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials
• Leveling system that has a level cap of 40
• Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret
• There are legendary items to loot in the game
• You can add blocked arrows to your inventory
• You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade
• Buttons for free-running up and down are removed
• Puzzles are back but more challenging and less Switches
• Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter)
• There are gladiator battles in Arenas

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388537

Last edited:
I mean, just the fact they didn't rush this thing out last year and allowed themselves a little break to polish this one off, gives me TONS of good will towards this.

Yeah I really hope they havent destroyed what was good and just replaced those with.. NEW because its.. NEW. Looking forward to this.

Same. I really enjoyed liked Unity, the gameplay mechanics were pretty refined (except for some of the manoeuvring around furniture in stealth), the objective mechanics were much more open and they ditched the crappy tailing missions. I've not played Syndicate and may jump straight to Origins.

How did you guys feel about black flag? It was my first assassins creed game. I didn't think it was too awesome, it just seemed like a lot of the same content. Collectables, kill quest, listen quest, boats. I dunno maybe I'm missing something? It did take me a while to get into witcher 3. But once I did it became one of my favourite games this gen.

Black Flag was a really fun pirate game and a really good Assassin's Creed game - if you compare it against it's predecessors. It's one of three AC games I've actually completed (AC2, AC4 BF, AC Unity). AC games do tend to be fairly repetitive in that they serve up a lot of similar mechanics so you have to be a fan of the mechanics to really enjoy them.

I've disliked the meta future story arc of AC since the start and I really hope Origins dumps it. I really don't give a toss about corporations in the future, I want to be an assassin.

Same. I really enjoyed liked Unity, the gameplay mechanics were pretty refined (except for some of the manoeuvring around furniture in stealth), the objective mechanics were much more open and they ditched the crappy tailing missions. I've not played Syndicate and may jump straight to Origins.

Animations looked fluid but there was a huge lag in fights. I hope fighting will be more responsive as in Ryse or For Honor.

I thought the same. It does not sound horrible to me but I am not a friend of RPG elements and the loot system could be a bad idea too.

Last edited:
This does not look particularly impressive if you ask me. If we're just talking visuals, Unity still has it beat. It also looks really fucking stupid. 2 guards walking closely together, and somehow the guy in front doesn't notice when his buddy goes down screaming right behind him. Then we have bushes which barely conceal half of the protagonist's body yet somehow render him invisible (the concept looked loads more convincing in Black Flag). Also, apparently the guards all think looking up is for wusses. I guess real men rather take stabby things to the face. To top it all off, there's the cringe-worthy Eagle drone, a Yandu arrow which can adjust his trajectory according to the height elevation of a flight o stairs, a combat system, which although redesigned, still looks like garbage. Oh, and of course there's a pointless rpg system governing the whole bloody thing.

Last edited:
This does not look particularly impressive if you ask me. If we're just talking visuals, Unity still has it beat.
Well AFAICR Unity has a fixed ToD which allows a lot more freedom for lighting but this looks to be returning to dynamic ToD. The detail and lighting is still fairly impressive imo, at least at the start through the market area.

Graphics and gameplay reminds me more of Watch Dogs 2 which I prefer over all AC games I have seen and played so far.

Some animations could clearly be improved and the graphics were certainly not set on the highest settings. In my opinion the PC version will surpass the graphics of Watch Dogs 2 but not Wildlands. I have no problem with that because Watch Dogs 2 looks already very good on PC.

EDIT:
I like the setting a lot. At that time Egypt was the granary of Rome. Today, however, Egypt is one of the largest grain importers. This is a result of erosion.

EDIT 2:
Gamersyde video: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_ac_origins_gameplay-19209_en.html

Last edited:
The thing that drives me crazy about the Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed series, are all the metadata info and prompting that clutters screen and breaks the game immersion. Honestly, this type of interactions is one of my pet peeves dealing with certain games.

You're right. Fortunately the last Ubisoft games I have played/tested all had extensive HUD possibilities on the PC (AC Unity, The Division, Watch Dogs 2, For Honor, Wildlands). Mostly I disabled the HUD after a few hours completly.

I appreciate it very much if I can adjust the games according to my preferences. Playing without or minimum HUD is a completely different player experience for me.

Back