[PS3] Infamous 2

Wow ! Do they include some japanese games too? My budget for games seriously got cut yesterday when it got finally decided thaf I AM GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR :cool: ! I am too happy:p , but that also means I have to save some serious monies before the D-Day ! So, no more trips(except for the one planned for 1st July) and maybe just one game :oops: ! Hey! But it will be all worth it :D !!! And I hope all my friends bring me games for my wedding presents ! Ha Ha ! ;)

Vidogames can't be wedding-presents.
You can add it to the gift-list, but it will magically dissepear after a while.
Dishes, knifes and forks, and other utensils and kitchen appliances somehow get's placed into the videogame-spots of the giftlist instead. :-/

I have to say, sony did a smart move releasing Infamous 1 as one of their free games. I was not particularly amazed by the Infamous 1 demo, and i passed on it. Something just didn't connect between me and the demo. I dunno what created this, maybe because i had tried Prototype, which, althought it had significantly worse graphics, had way more crazier powers. Also, in the demo, i couldn't really get a feel of the whole climbing and grinding the power lines- which is very satisfying.

Anyways, i downloaded it and i absolutely loved it. Finished it with one evil playthrough, and i instantly bought infamous 2 afterwards.

I LOVE IT! Infamous 2 is one of my favourite games on the PS3. The graphics are very nice, and the powers rock! I havent had a chance to finish it yet, (im just starting to power up the last island) but everything so far is good. Imo, they fixed most of the problems with infamous 1 and in general made the whole game better. I really like the traveling, its very satisfying to pull of huuuuge jumps from power grid to power grid. The game seems alot more varied than the first one aswell. The first one had quite repetitive side missions, so far i haven't experienced this to the same degree.

I haven't tried playing as good, but it seems to be that the evil side has much better powers. Someone mentioned that you run out of "ammo" faster, you do indeed, but so far i haven't found this to be problematic at all. With evil powers you can generally kills everybody in sight very quickly.

If i would have to mention one complaint, is that Evil Cole doesn't look evil enough even as infamous. They could have taken it further.

I was not particularly amazed by the Infamous 1 demo, and i passed on it. Something just didn't connect between me and the demo. I dunno what created this, maybe because i had tried Prototype, which, althought it had significantly worse graphics, had way more crazier powers. Also, in the demo, i couldn't really get a feel of the whole climbing and grinding the power lines- which is very satisfying.

Heh I've probably written atleast ten posts about this subject on these boards over the years :)
IMO a demo has atleast as good of a chance to steer people away from purchasing a game. Infamous 1 is the prime example of this. A demo in many cases has a very tough job on giving you the experience of the full game. The interactive format makes it difficult. A demo can never be as punchy as a good movie trailer and I think people play demos with little different mind set than a full game. They expect the demo to deliver the experience faster, similar to trailers or something like eating a piece of chocolate, but expecting to get the taste and experience of the full box. :)

Throwing people in the middle of a game doesn't often work very well, when naturally you'd have learned lot's of gameplay and other things at that point. Just letting you see the beginning of a game is often not very exciting either, unless the demo is fairly lenghty. Bioshock 1 had a great demo, it started from the beginning, but was lenghty enough for you to do and see plenty of stuff and those things came in proper intended order at a right time.

I also loved the first game, and thought the demo was pretty bad, that's when I realised that I better stay clear from demos. I haven't purchased Infamous 2 yet, but going to do so soon.

Ha Ha Ha ! Thats exactly what my sister said when i called her up :LOL: ! She has a 2 and half year old sweet daughter and my sis just laughed wildly and said I can't wait to see you getting into marriage and kids ! She laughed maniacal laugh after that :unsure: ! Don't you guys give me the heebie jeebies, I love kids ! (but they haven't been mine uptill now :oops:)

DOes your post above means I don't get presents from you anymore ? :LOL:

It's a lot of work, but I've found that at least our son is actually quite reasonable. Only now is he starting to challenge us when he wants to see more tv than we think is good for him, or is playing with something he really enjoys but has to go to bed, or if you lead him to expect one thing he likes to do but then you don't follow up on that but do something else instead. But on the other hand you can really leave him to play by himself now (just turned three little over a month ago), he can already make quite impressively large wooden train tracks and such. He also goes to sleep during the day when he's tired (doesn't always need his nap now), just makes a nest behind two pillows behind the couch. :LOL: Really cute. He also loves musical instruments, especially drums (easiest for kids) and piano.

Just after birth, your life is going to be a lot easier if you learn to recognise the basics. Hand to ear means tired, red face means too warm or tired (usually the latter), type 1 crying that starts like a complaining sound is hunger or thirst, and unexplainable / type 2 crying usually means stomach cramps - up to birth his intestines haven't had anything to do, and starting them up is really painful. Warm hand or something else - your shoulder, your beer belly, or breast if you're buff ;) - on stomach helps, especially in the beginning you can feel the bowel movement. If you've eliminated all other problems as a cause, you can also help him sleep by simulating as if he was in your wife's stomach and she's walking around, as they've learnt to be active when the mother isn't and vice versa.

Finally, make sure that one of you always gets enough sleep, even if this means sleeping in separate rooms, shifts, etc. Your life will be hell if you're both tired. If just one of you is tired and reaching his/her limit, then if the other is fit you can go to sleep. If you(r wife) breast-feed(s), then work towards getting a surplus and store some in the freezer so you can make that while she sleeps a little bit longer.

These I've found are the most important things to get through the first year ...

/off-topic

Just finished the game as a Hero. What a blast, definitely inspired to play through again as the anti-hero.

Just finished the game as a Hero. What a blast, definitely inspired to play through again as the anti-hero.

One small thing i found quite ironic is that the max Evil level is called Infamous - as if to say that that is what you should strive to in the game, as it is the title of the game after all. However playing the game it seems clear to me that the game was meant to be played as the Hero primarily.

Vidogames can't be wedding-presents.
You can add it to the gift-list, but it will magically dissepear after a while.
Dishes, knifes and forks, and other utensils and kitchen appliances somehow get's placed into the videogame-spots of the giftlist instead. :-/

Hmmm.... but I can understand what you are saying there, I just hope some of my friends can read my mind though ;) !

It's a lot of work, but I've found that at least our son is actually quite reasonable. Only now is he starting to challenge us when he wants to see more tv than we think is good for him, or is playing with something he really enjoys but has to go to bed, or if you lead him to expect one thing he likes to do but then you don't follow up on that but do something else instead. But on the other hand you can really leave him to play by himself now (just turned three little over a month ago), he can already make quite impressively large wooden train tracks and such. He also goes to sleep during the day when he's tired (doesn't always need his nap now), just makes a nest behind two pillows behind the couch. :LOL: Really cute. He also loves musical instruments, especially drums (easiest for kids) and piano.

Just after birth, your life is going to be a lot easier if you learn to recognise the basics. Hand to ear means tired, red face means too warm or tired (usually the latter), type 1 crying that starts like a complaining sound is hunger or thirst, and unexplainable / type 2 crying usually means stomach cramps - up to birth his intestines haven't had anything to do, and starting them up is really painful. Warm hand or something else - your shoulder, your beer belly, or breast if you're buff ;) - on stomach helps, especially in the beginning you can feel the bowel movement. If you've eliminated all other problems as a cause, you can also help him sleep by simulating as if he was in your wife's stomach and she's walking around, as they've learnt to be active when the mother isn't and vice versa.

Finally, make sure that one of you always gets enough sleep, even if this means sleeping in separate rooms, shifts, etc. Your life will be hell if you're both tired. If just one of you is tired and reaching his/her limit, then if the other is fit you can go to sleep. If you(r wife) breast-feed(s), then work towards getting a surplus and store some in the freezer so you can make that while she sleeps a little bit longer.

These I've found are the most important things to get through the first year ...

/off-topic

Thank you sir ! Thats is a lot of useful advice ! BTW, just to make communication easier, I am a male, and well, I am just getting married this year guys, kids will come next year or so :D ! So, "keeping the wife happy" advice would be more useful than "grow up ur kid well" !

just to stay on topic too,uh...ummm.....nice game there Sucker Punch ! ........................;) !

Finally got my copy of the game after almost a month thanks to the post office strike.
This game is amazing! Probably the best open world action game out there.
I love how some powers have alternative uses other than just attacking enemies.

Wow ! Pretty nice start ! Felt like GOW 3 !

Having finished Infamous just a few days back, this game seems too easy at the start ! Maybe I should up the difficulty to hard !

Well, currently a few hours in and am really enjoying it! The demo, just like the first did nothing for me, but playing the full game is a night and day difference!

I didn't finish the game again. :devilish:
Meant to check out user generated content some day. Here they are:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...es-pack-search-function-available-now-on-psn/

The very first inFAMOUS 2 User-Generated Content Pack is available now on the Playstation Network, and it’s completely free! In the coming weeks and months, we will be releasing more free content updates that will add new objects to User Generated Content (UGC). In this first of many UGC updates, you’ll gain access to a number of vehicles from the single-player missions of inFAMOUS 2: Bertrand’s Limo, Bertrand’s Semi-Truck, the New Marais Police Car, the Ambulance, and a bike. Heal injured pedestrians from the flipped over ambulance and protect them from the swarm of enemies. Help the New Marais Police department from incoming attack from the Vermaak 88 Ice Soldiers. Or hunt down that pesky bicycle thief.

Over 50,000 user-created missions have been submitted to inFAMOUS 2 and you’ll need a way to find the missions you want to play. We are happy to announce Missions Search: Simply pause the game, bring up your UGC menu, and search by any term you wish, including PSN user names.

I didn't finish the game again. :devilish:

How could you do this to me? How could you!?
You planned this all along didn't you? And now just threw it on my face again!
Heh I quess I can't really complain since I haven't really played any games since forever, well besides Witcher 2, but don't think that gives you a free pass to quit games half way through, or almost at the end like you did with Bioshock and Final Fantasy 8 GRRRRR!!!

How could you do this to me? How could you!?
You planned this all along didn't you? And now just threw it on my face again!

Ahem... to be honest. Partly. I knew you would go apeshit. :LOL:

My list is actually longer than you think. :devilish:

I also left Commander Shepard near the end too (Muahahaa !). And then there are others.
[size=-2]Will buy Mass Effect 3[/size]

http://www.gamertagradio.com/new/20...-developer-of-top-selling-infamous-franchise/
Congratulations Sucker Punch you are now officially Sony 1st Party dev:). Their talent coupled with the support of Ice team should bring Infamous 3 to a new level, most likely.

Nice to hear that. Hope that means even better looking and playing games. And most important, more marketing for SP's games. Wouldn't it be super awesome if Infamous could reach the production values of GOW3 !:p

Who's Ice Team?

Back