[PS3] Infamous 2

I really can't take it with this game... Sucker Punch knew how much i got addicted to collecting blast shards in InFamous 1 and they just go and put hundreds more in InFamous 2.

My general play time goes like this:

1) switch on game and take a moment to marvel at the beautiful world.
2) traverse quickly across the city to a story mission, revelling in the fluidity and responsiveness of the motion and traversal abilities i have available to me.
3) zap some goons on the way just to indulge myself.
4) see a blast shard in the area of the story mission.
5) war against myself not to get sucked in and give in to that sparkly purple temptation (as i only have about an hour to play in the evening before i gotta call the missus)
6) despite my best efforts of restraint i end up rushing around the city, frantically clicking L3, from one blast shard collection to the next (didn't even get to start the story mission).
7) realise i've been playing now for 2-3 hours and then have to pause the game to call the missus, (who at this point is pretty pissed).
8) once off the phone, play till 11 and then finally find the strength to save and quit for the evening.

Rinse, repeat...

Sucker Punch should be arrested for developing narcotics in video game form.

If you think about it, it's exactly like web surfing. Once you deviate from your intended navigation path, all cause is lost. :LOL:

If you think about it, it's exactly like web surfing. Once you deviate from your intended navigation path, all causes are lost. :LOL:

Yep :LOL:

I think i've just come to the realisation that i'm not gonna have a social life now till this game has been 100% and platinumed.

I don't know what it is, but the powers, the feel of the gameplay is just awesome.

It's funny cuz as much as i would roll eyes epicly had they announced a multiplayer for InFamous 2, the more i get further through it and the more powers i unlock, the more i just think that a competitive and coop MP with this kind of carnage would be utterly amazing!:D

If you think about it, it's exactly like web surfing. Once you deviate from your intended navigation path, all cause is lost. :LOL:

Patsu has been practicing the art of win-analogy since past few days.
I'd like to be your padawan.

I just wished they gave me a proper incentive for being a bad guy. Your basic choices are either doing the right thing or acting like a complete asshole. Since your ultimate goal is to become the great savior of mankind regardless of how you act, being a mass murdering douchebag just makes very little sense.

I just wished they gave me a proper incentive for being a bad guy. Your basic choices are either doing the right thing or acting like a complete asshole. Since your ultimate goal is to become the great savior of mankind regardless of how you act, being a mass murdering douchebag just makes very little sense.
It would make sense if Evil Cole had delusions of grandeur, kinda of like Lex Luthor I guess. You know, he thinks doing whatever it takes is the way solve his problems, and forces people to follow what he believes in in order upheld his sense of justice.

Yeah, but he simply isn't Lex Luthor. I mean despite some of the evil choices you are making, you're still being a boyscout for the majority of the game, not to mention your end goal is still noble. Heck, even the final choice isn't a clear cut good or bad decision, and even if it was, it was just not a driving factor for Cole because it was a complete non-issue up until that very moment.

Two separate stories would have been the right way to go: one where you get to act like Superman and one where you get to be Lex Luther. (switching sides mid-game is akin to gimping your abilities anyway, so it's not like there is even any gameplay-incentive to role-play in inFAMOUS)

Is the game easier if you play as good compared to evil? I finished the first one only as good and I remember hearing how it was easier that way compared to being evil which was tougher. Truth be told I'll prolly play as good again anyways...but just curious.

Is the game easier if you play as good compared to evil? I finished the first one only as good and I remember hearing how it was easier that way compared to being evil which was tougher. Truth be told I'll prolly play as good again anyways...but just curious.

I can't speak about InFamous 2 yet cuz i'm not far enough to say, but in InFamous 1 once you get the
electric shield
you're pretty unstoppable. Having a look at some of the powers in InFamous 2 though in the menu, it definitely seems like being bad would make you way more of a badass than good.

Either way though i think if you know how to use your powers effectively then even without all the extra morality-based powers the game can be pretty easy.

In Infamous being good meant an easier game because of the grenade upgrade which would lock down/pin down the baddies to the ground once the grenades explodes. That made stuff a lot easier as once you had thrown a few grenades at a group you knew they were not going to get up again. Grenade became the ultimate weapon.

I think evil is a bit tougher. You deal more damage as a bad guy, but the freeze powers you get as a good guy totally outclass the evil powers: freeze rockets = insta-kill for all but the biggest enemies (and if you catch a couple of them bunched together you can even take them all out in one hit) Like in the first game you also get regenerative powers, so you don't run out of energy constantly (which is a much bigger deal in inFamous 2 as even your regular pea shooter consumes electric resources now). Sure, as an evil guy you can always bio-leech, but that's not really a viable choice during heated comabt situations. You also get the Ice Pillar jump as a good guy, which makes it a lot easier and entertaining to get around the map quicker.

Meanwhile, on a web page somewhere...

Sony scores with Infamous Anarchy companion game on Facebook:
http://venturebeat.com/2011/06/17/s...hy-companion-game-on-facebook/#0_undefined,0_

Infamous 2 is one of the big console game releases of the summer, and now Sony is trying to enhance that hit with its companion Facebook game. So far, the Facebook version is doing pretty well.

Infamous Anarchy, (built by MobScience and published by Sony), launched a couple of weeks ago. It has nearly 300,000 monthly active users and more than 1,500 reviews with a 4.9 star rating. That’s a pretty good showing for a Facebook branded game, and it may mean that Facebook users are embracing brands that they know on other platforms. You can expect more console game developers and other brands to do the same kind of companion gaming strategy on Facebook.

“This is our first AAA social game,” said Michael Witz, chief executive of MobScience. “We took the core ideas from the console game and turned them into a social game. Based on the user ratings, the players have reacted very positively.”

Gives me some hope for LBP on Facebook. :p

In my book they hit all the right buttons with part two. It better in just about every way, apart from coles' new voice and the slightly jittery controls.

The wait for my Special edition copy is almost killing now :mad: ! I just can't wait to get my hands on the mission editor.

Can the missions be made offline and played? Or does it require you to be signed in?

Just finishing up my second playthrough of #1. The only trophies I haven't got are the stunt master and Hard difficulty. Will I be missing any good bonuses from the import?

Got my Special Edition today ! The 3D cover is FANTASTIC !!! :p I let my nephew n niece play it while I worked and they seemed to be too happy :D !

Personaly, I think I'll finish Infamous 1 first, just to get a better understanding of this BEast thingie !

Yeah ! I am pretty much near the end, I think. Also, watched my nephew play for some time and tried the controls for INfamous 2. Cole feels more Nimble and everything, shooting and moving, feels faster and lighter. GFX look great and colourful, but having recently played INfamous 1 last week, Infamous 2 loses out on the moody feel of INfamous by gaining that extra dash of colour. No doubt, its beautiful, but looks like it lost some character while at it, just like KZ3. But I have just seen it fleetingly.

Kids are loving it, which might mean its easier than Infamous1 ;) !

Back