[PS3] Infamous 2

Mr. Domino

Regular
This sequel is revealed by Game Informer:

In 2009, Sucker Punch Productions released Infamous, a super-powered sandbox game that was a drastic departure from the studio's well-known Sly Cooper franchise. Venturing into new territory paid off for Sucker Punch; the PS3-exclusive Infamous has sold nearly 2 million copies, providing a combination of mobility and electrical powers that makes gamers feel like a true superhero. For Infamous 2, the team hopes to raise the bar even higher. A new look for hero Cole MacGrath is just the first step; a new city, new powers, and a powerful new foe await you in Infamous 2, and you can read all about it our exclusive 10-page story.

24mvnsl.jpg

The Cole redesign is a bit weird to me, but I can't wait to see this game at E3. :)

Heh heh, looks like a member of a random boy band.

I agree they need to make him look different from Nathan Hale. Shouldn't electricity make his hair more spikey ? :)

Actually, he looks like someone out of the series 'Heroes' ... I actually quite like the way he looks.

I am more interested in the Game Informer content and gameplay.

Sucker Punch got away with the generic bald dude look in the first game anyway. Does the issue say anything at all about the mechanics ? (e.g., new power, story settings, enemies, etc.)

Actually, he looks like someone out of the series 'Heroes' ... I actually quite like the way he looks.

He seems a little too happy while getting shot at. With all the sparks around him, he does remind me of... Justin Timberlake.

He seems a little too happy while getting shot at. .

Wouldn't you be with electricity running through your limbs ready for you to wreak havoc and destruction at your whim?

Hey, he's got hair now (assuming it's the same character). I fucking hate all the bald characters these days. So uninspiring. I understand the MMA look is popular, but it's too cliche.

I just think it's hilarious that there are dudes on rooftops sniping at him. Or maybe it's a way of telling us that this time, they'll actually miss Cole with their shots?

I hope Sucker Punch doesn't simply rely on the same mechanics to keep the gameplay interesting. The rooftop shooting may get old this time.

The worse thing in that picture is it looks likes its in a warzone with the buildings on fire, gunshots ringing out etc
but the ppl are happily strolling down the street, not a care in the world :)

Heh, found out that it is New Orleans (or a city inspired by New Orleans):
http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/infamous-2--hype-train---quot-/1077186

I got the gameinformer with a good look at the game. It takes place in a new city called New Marais. Its a fictional New Orleans. This isn't a younger cole its simply a re-designed cole with a new voice actor. Cole will be spending the time this game becoming a "super-super hero" in order to be able to beat the beast, he will be ramping up his power from the last game.

- From what I see, they have pulled in the camera.
- There are real cutscenes and the traditional comic strip narrative.
-You wont just jump up buildings but will construct ways to make it up buildings using objects to heighten that sense of exploration.
- There should be some new powers outside of electricity but he will still be the electric super hero.
- There is melee weapons.
- Zeke is more helpful.
- More people, cars and things happening in the game.

More from Game Informer according to Gaffer:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21663017&postcount=648

Picture 1. Cole kind of spidey sticking to a wall next to a window with green shudders, cable wiring strung across strung above his head and a busy ole style street below him. It looks almost Victorian with people waiting to cross the cross walk, cars driving with their headlights on at night and brick stone streets.

Picture 2. An almost silhouetted comic style picture of the beast, he looks like Dr. Manhattan but red.

Bottom row of pictures are beautiful concept art of types of in game settings. I'm seeing high contrast, run down blade runner style streets resembling Las Vegas on a small scale. An assassins creed style cathedral, a creepy swamp with a dock and light pouring in from large dead trees with moss hanging from them. What appears to be a cemetery or tombs. Another swampy area but with a resident evil run down mansion in the background.

Picture 3. Cole wielding a big electricity conductor club that looks sort of like a double bladed sword. He is standing in front of a guy wearing cargo pants, a sweater and a helmet hood with a bunch of orange patterns and a gun.

Picture 4. is an assassins creed style image with cole peering over a sun drenched Venice city...although small and hard to make out.

Picture 5. Concept art of a multi colored lit tower in the middle of many old buildings.

Picture 6. Close up from behind cole standing in a water flooded area with capsized boat and old swamp house in the background.

Picture 7. Cole doing a huge spin attack sideways in the air with his electric club/sword. He knocking one of those militia guards into the air.

Picture 8. Close up of Cole doing his classic electricity zap attack to another militia guard. I believe these foot soldiers are people trying to remove people with powers.

Picture 9. A picture of Cole using a new power where he is thrust upward the side of a building via a cable line.

Picture 10. Cole doing a huge electric attack decimating everything in the area including a taxi and foot soldiers.

Picture 11. Close up behind Cole executing a huge electric vortex sucking up anyone and everything.

Picture 12. Cole doing another one of those vortex attacks but in a more visually striking scene.

Picture 13. A screen cap from an in-game cutscene where Cole is leaping and or rolling away from a huge explosion caused by a helicopter missle.

- Bigger bosses, promises to be meaner.
- A smoother morality system, not so black and white.
- Water kills you, tread lightly in swamps.
- Far more visually distinctive areas.
- Possibility of online functionality.

If you haven't seen the Cole Re-design, hes much more attractive, hes essentially the Male version of the girl from Mirrors Edge. Hes got that handsome everyman face, with a light beard/mustache. A stylish hand bandage, messenger bag, simple necklace, V-cut shirt striped pants and a more modern looking two toed ninja boot.

Official reason why they changed the look:
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...y-they-decided-to-redesign-Cole-in-inFamous-2

Art director Matthias Lorenz told the magazine that he gave Cole a new look in order to make him a “more appealing, more compelling main character.” In terms of his new personality, Animation Director Billy Harper mentioned that they wanted the new Cole to be “a little gritty, a little street, without the grumpiness.” They described him as an “EXTREME sports star - like Travis Pastrana, Tony Hawk or Chris Sharma - what would they be like if they had super powers.”

Since I didn't finish the first game, I decided to spoil the ending for myself. I liked the story premise. It's more ambitious than I thought. Will try to complete it. Infamous 2 is more interesting once I know the story.

Definitely going to pick this up as I really liked the first one, although redesigning the character into that Timberlake dude sucks. The old one was just fine.

Redesign OK, but why oh why would they change the voice actor?? the first one was great!!

Loved Infamous, but please put some AA in there and think about the presentation and variation of the scenes a bit more. Have Studio Santa Monica and Naughty Dog on speed dial!

Even though I really enjoyed the Infamous demo I never got the full game. The story got spoiled for me and put me off.

It's been Platinum for ages now so I should probably get on to it anyway..

I'm guessing that as a Sony exclusive MLAA will be in this one too.

Back