[PS3] Infamous 2

Sorry, Sucker Punch (don't hear that studio name very often). And by halfway, I guess I mean partway. In the case of I1, doing any one mission of the opposite to your current path was just a negative. You needed to do all 15 karma affecting missions to unlock all the skills on that side and get the trophy. Doing just one mission of the other sort gained you nothing and limited what you could achieve.

Short of asking the official forum if there is one, it'd probably save you time to start again and play one side.

May as well have given you the choice in the beginning "Play Good or Bad?" and then only offer the right missions.

Funny you should mention that, as that's pretty much how it starts off. That first choice at the very beginning sets the tone for your upgrade path. It doesn't close off opposing side missions, however.

It doesn't close off opposing side missions, however.
Which raises the question 'why'? Makes no sense to me. If there's a choice in the beginning, have that define the rest of the game and elliminate any frustrations from mistaken experiments.

It doesn't close off opposing side missions, however.

Opposite side missions do start disappearing as you progressmore. Like ,, I played as good for a few hours, so most of the evil missions got locked out slowly and gradually. Now I can't find Evil side missions to do. I went on with the story and made evil choices to make some Evil missions appear on the map.

I don't want to start again :( ! I have collected so many shards and have got so many powers now :cry: !

Which raises the question 'why'? Makes no sense to me. If there's a choice in the beginning, have that define the rest of the game and elliminate any frustrations from mistaken experiments.

It's been a while since I beat it, but I want to say new powers are gained through experience and not good or bad karma. As such there would be no need to block them off. But I may be thinking of something else.

Opposite side missions do start disappearing as you progressmore. Like ,, I played as good for a few hours, so most of the evil missions got locked out slowly and gradually. Now I can't find Evil side missions to do. I went on with the story and made evil choices to make some Evil missions appear on the map.

I don't want to start again :( ! I have collected so many shards and have got so many powers now :cry: !

Ah, yes, but I do believe those missions being blocked off are just simply the other karmatic choice for that mission. Fighting the police in one, or helping them in the other, for example. Do one, and the other is no longer available, just like the other karma choice moments in the game.

RenegadeRocks said:
So, you are saying that basically the game is giving me good missions cos I started as good. Now, I am "thug", BTW. Was very difficult to bring the rating down from "Guardian" ! But , now that I am evil, they should start providing me with Evil side missions. And even if I do Evil side missions(whichever ones were on the map), I still get good karma for beating up Militia ?!?!?! I can't avoid killing them, they keep shooting at me :oops: !

Are Yellow missions good missions?
I know Red are evil, green are UGC, but aren't yellow neutral side missions? But they always involve beating up militia !

I can go evil, but that would be only when the story offers me a choice.

Evil are red.

I'm guessing you are not evil enough for the evil side missions? Though i dunno if you can switch mid game. In infamous 1 this was not a good Deal as your Powers where related to How many evil misdions you have done. In infamous 2 from what I've seen this does not matter ( to lazy to check) Evil powers are not granted through doing x amount evil missions.

Started it agan just to see what happens If I try to be evil from start.

Well, it didn't ask me anythign. WHen I fought the beast my powers were blue, so that means good.

And Aaaaaah ! Why aren't the cutscenes skippable! THey are so long, I want to skip them:mad::mad::mad: !

Started it agan just to see what happens If I try to be evil from start.

Well, it didn't ask me anythign. WHen I fought the beast my powers were blue, so that means good.

And Aaaaaah ! Why aren't the cutscenes skippable! THey are so long, I want to skip them:mad::mad::mad: !

You don't get the choice until the first mission in New Whateverthecityname is.

Ya, I am evil now and all, and surprisingly the game feels very different. For instance The evil missions are totally different than the good ones and the voiceovers from Zeke change.
Best part is the game is so much fun, replaying it is equally fun. I am already collecting the blast shards like crazy !!!!

After completing a 2nd playthrough on evil karma I unlocked the other good karma powers, but I was bored with them since I completed all the side missions (taking over all the territory).

So what do I do? I start a 3rd playthough (on good this time), tweak the difficulty to easy to easily kill-off enemies while getting extra XP and do very little side missions. Once I beat the story mode and gain both karma powers again, I crank the difficulty back to hard and roam around picking off any bad-guys occupying every area.

So in order to keep this up I create one saved game where I've beaten all the story missions with a New Marais filled-up with side-missions I never touch, and another where I'm actually doing the side missions (to get the rest of those abilities left out).

Update 3 is live:
http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/blog/article-20.html

Mostly UGC goodies...

inFAMOUS 2 Update 3 is now live and we have packed it full of goodies for you, all for FREE! We have been quiet for a little bit because we are hard at work with tons of improvements and new features for inFAMOUS 2 UGC.

First on the list is are bosses! Everyone loves bosses and we are giving you two! The Devourer and Titan are now placeable characters in UGC! These are mammoth characters that can be used in any way you can think of. Have the two be friends, have them fight each other, have them protect Cole. It is all up to you!

Second on the list is Mission Linking. Shortly after the launch of inFAMOUS 2 we started to see UGC mission series, one great example is The Conduit Community Saga by jedicam10, which continues the first mission's story over a series of missions. Playing these missions in order was a little on the challenging side and we wanted to make it easier for the mission creators and the fans playing these missions, and Mission Linking does that! Just update the properties on the Mission Start in the editor and publish all the missions associated. Once they're all on the server you'll have a link series of missions. When a player completes the mission they will be given the option to continue directly to the next linked mission.

Next on the list is the new Mission Review system, which allows you to submit a short review for any UGC mission you play. As we get close to 80,000 UGC missions, having mission reviews will make it easier to find great missions and help authors receive feedback to which will allow them to fix issues and create even better ones! Mission Reviews can be viewed at mission beacons in the gameworld, at local missions which have been published, and in the search results menu.

We have also tweaked a number of existing features, added some new minor ones, and fixed some bugs including:
• Relative Health. You can now change “Health” and “Cole’s Energy” modifiers as percentages.
• Volume/Monitor Reset. New “Reset When’ option on Volume and Monitor logic objects lets you change how or when they can be reset after being triggered.
• Author Mission Search. Search results will now display the level author’s name.

inFAMOUS 2 Mission Design Contest: Storytellers Wanted
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/12/infamous-2-mission-design-contest-storytellers-wanted/

Using the UGC tools in inFAMOUS 2, we’re challenging you to come up with a Narrative based mission that tells a unique Cole story; meaning you’ll need to apply the Narrative tag to your mission for it to be considered. The winning mission will have all the right stuff: a great Cole-centric story, all while happening within one mission (so no multiple part missions, i.e. Part 2, Part 3, etc). The level must be created after the announcement date (today), and submitted before October 25th.

To make the cut, the level must have a user rating of 4.5 stars and have at least 15 ratings. One grand-prize winner will receive a Good and Evil Cole statue from inFAMOUS 2 , their mission featured in-game as a highlighted mission, $1,000.00 in PlayStation Store credit in the form of a voucher (voucher will be emailed to the winner’s email address that is linked to their PSN ID), a signed copy of inFAMOUS 2 by the Sucker Punch team, and the winning mission will be highlighted on the PlayStation.Blog. Two runner-ups will each have their designed mission featured in-game as a highlighted mission, $100.00 in PlayStation Store credit in the form of a voucher , and the mission highlighted on the PlayStation.Blog.

I'd say in general you should focus on making your game. However, depending on how close you are, you may also consider building up your "reputation/credibility" if you win some sort of game/level making contests. Where appropriate, you can also find cheap ways to validate your idea. e.g., Jenova Chen used Flash in his first game(s).

I'd say in general you should focus on making your game. However, depending on how close you are, you may also consider building up your "reputation/credibility" if you win some sort of game/level making contests. Where appropriate, you can also find cheap ways to validate your idea. e.g., Jenova Chen used Flash in his first game(s).

Yeah ! We have also made the basic gameplay in jave first and are now just porting it into the Mac.
I would love to take part in the lbp and infy2 community but right now the whole push is on getting our first game out (and getting married) ! Games are just piling up in a corner ;) ! Did complete the R3 campaign though :cool: !

In fact we had thoughht of testing out game ideas in lbp, but then we never really got to it, as my programmer partner is much faster in getting simple tools ready :) !

Back