[PS3] Uncharted 2

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by DieH@rd, Dec 1, 2008.

1. patsu

Legend

Siege Expansion Packing due this Thursday. Requires Update 1.07:
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...ng-this-thursday-double-cash-weekend-returns/

2. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

A fix to the network code wouldn't have gone amiss. Tuesday night, we couldn't make a party of three. The third person joining, no matter who, was kicked straight out of the party. A year on, version 1.07, you'd think ND would have actually got the whole multiplayer team-up gameplay actually working...

3. patsu

Legend

That's odd. They should at least give an explanation. Was it ok after a game ? Or did it persist throughout the night ?

4. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

We never got it to work, after best part of an hour just trying to meet up in an online game. I could play multiplayer on my, and form a party of two, but it just wasn't allowing a party of three no matter what we tried. The whole corruption of the saved-game issue is always surprising. Deletes and reinstalls should not be a part of the console experience!

5. patsu

Legend

Hmmm... If the problem persists, you might want to report the problem on their official forum. It would not be the first time a software update break something. I assume you friend is able to join you guys without any issue in other games ? Like MAG ?

6. patsu

Legend

Uncharted 2's Music Maestro - A G4TV Interview with Greg Edmonson:
    http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7...g4tv&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=TheFeed

7. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

I played online with 2 friends of mine. Great time! You never get bored with this game, as there are so much different modes (the new one is really cool too) and stuff to do online - cool! I finally managed to finish the survival mode (there are 10 rounds) with my buddies!
    We have donwloaded the new maps...and I must say that I am highly impressed with the newest one, the one located in this Nepal city!!
    This is really the best online map I have ever seen, so cool, unbelievable what the Dogs press out of the ol station...

I also replayed some SP scenes, where I want to check up again what this "best graphics in the world" fuzz is all about. I must agree, after playing the graphics mammoth called GOW3 and playing AW, I really can appreciate the graphics and style of this game much more, I was highly impressed: replaying the tank chase scene, and it was not only super fun to play but they also included a lot of wow moments!

Counting all in: story, gameplay, gamedesign, graphics - it sure deserved best game of the year award!

8. Ons::lob::

Newcomer

So I downloaded the siege expansion pack and was playing the Museum level in Co-op and I must say....AMAZING:shock: The level/lighting actually goes from ~midnight to probably in the afternoon as you progress through the rounds. To see the sun rise and start to set again was a sight to behold. I'm surprised I haven't seen any talk about this level in the thread. I think all of you guys should definitely check it out.

9. patsu

Legend

I have the expansion but haven't played it yet. Didn't know it has day-night cycle. Will check it out late next week !

10. patsu

Legend

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post...ist_and_double_cash_weekend_may_28_to_june_1/

11. patsu

Legend

Patch 1.08 available:
    http://vgtribune.com/uncharted-2-loses-features-with-new-update/

Not sure what the latest status is. It sounds like a fix is available but not released yet.

1.08 is only meant for EU ?

12. Kittonwy

Regular

1.08 is out everywhere now.[​IMG]

13. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

14. Laa-Yosh

Laa-Yosh I can has custom title?
    Legend Subscriber

What a surprise. The sky's blue and whatever Naughty Dog is working on looks amazing. Move along... :D

15. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

A lot of people hoped/hope that their next game is Jack&Daxter!

The question is always if you overmilk an IP...for me UC2 is nearly the perfect Uncharted game- I cannot imagen how UC3 could be better than this, without changing the soul of the IP, or doing the same stuff just more pretty...just yesterday, we had ultimate fun playing together the coop online modes of UC2!

So this is the reason why I thought that they could maybe move to Jack&Daxter and give the UC series a break??

16. goonergaz

Veteran

It's hard isn't it.

Like with Indiana Jones, you sort of want more - but you also don't want to be over exposed...the good thing with the Uncharted 'world' is that every adventure can be a new story - even the latest Lara game was apparently half decent (not tried it myself yet), I wonder if long term they might turn this into a DLC shorter story sort of thing, a bit like the R&C Quest for Booty if you see what I mean.

17. patsu

Legend

Hmm... doing a small PSN release may break the complete Uncharted premium experience. I don't mind getting an Atlantis chapter mainly because I'm curious what they can come up with for underwater effects. The downside is the Atlantis topic has been overdone over the years.

18. N_B

N_B
    Regular

There's always local or campaign co op.

But other than that...I can't think of anything that Uncharted 2 could do better.

19. Gradthrawn

Veteran

I'm sure Sony can. Like sales, for one, and a show piece multiplayer mode that can post the play numbers of MW (any of them) or Halo (any of them). Can they do that with a new IP? For that matter, can they do that with the UC IP? I'm honestly not sure either way. I think there's still room for a 3rd person shooter to carve out a prominent online presence that differentiates itself from Gears (which itself is unique from Halo/MW as FPSs).Mind you, I'm not talking about the subjective quality of any of those games here. Just what they've been able to accomplish in the online console mutliplayer space. Or perhaps the game itself already has what it needs to do that, and marketing is the issue? Hard to say.

20. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

The problem is: what makes those games you have mention so successfull? Can you tell it? Why is UC2 MP not so much played?
    What should ND improve in UC2 to make it multi million selling+played?

I sometimes have the impression that you as a developer need a little bit luck to hit the right buttons with your game...once stuff is rolling, word by mouth kicks in and the game is unstoppable! The success of follow on games is than pretty much a no brainer, as long as the devs don't ultimately fail with the sequel...IMO of course!