[PS3] Infamous 2

Ok so i might have had a seriously rough weekend, but yesterday i came home from work, walked the dog (very quickly as i wanted to play I2!) started playing the game at around 8pm and next thing, it's 1am and i'm still playing. Completely lost track of time - didn't even progress that much in the story - and now i'm f'kin shattered!

I think i found I1 easier as a baddie actually, you can just go around killing everyone and you don't have to worry about injuring civilians. If i remember correctly.

I'm 58 missions in, two more for the next upgrade and i think i'm done with Good Karma.

I think i found I1 easier as a baddie actually, you can just go around killing everyone and you don't have to worry about injuring civilians. If I remember correctly.
That's very true. I completed I1 in medium difficulty as a goody, and playing hard mode as evil is in many ways easier because I can just spam destruction without worrying about collateral damage.

I have to say though, the evil mode doesn't gel with the story. The way I1 is set up, you are either making noble sacrifices to do a good job of saving people, or just trying to save the city and not worrying much about how you go about it. But playing evil, I'm not a sort of "Hancock" reckless superhero, but a psycho. I'll merrily slap a copper down and suck out his life force to get the energy, and yet the next mission I'm supposed to help the police. Or someone asks me to help them clear off surveillance gear from their building, which I agree to do and then punch them in the face and murder them to get my negative karma up. Evil Cole is truly evil, and no-one in that city would be looking to him for help. Trish wouldn't even talk to me if, asking to help clear up the city, she sees me blasting innocent civvies and exploding cars, yet her reaction is only a bit of complaining. It doesn't fit together. Have they done a better job in 2?

That's very true. I completed I1 in medium difficulty as a goody, and playing hard mode as evil is in many ways easier because I can just spam destruction without worrying about collateral damage.

I have to say though, the evil mode doesn't gel with the story. The way I1 is set up, you are either making noble sacrifices to do a good job of saving people, or just trying to save the city and not worrying much about how you go about it. But playing evil, I'm not a sort of "Hancock" reckless superhero, but a psycho. I'll merrily slap a copper down and suck out his life force to get the energy, and yet the next mission I'm supposed to help the police. Or someone asks me to help them clear off surveillance gear from their building, which I agree to do and then punch them in the face and murder them to get my negative karma up. Evil Cole is truly evil, and no-one in that city would be looking to him for help. Trish wouldn't even talk to me if, asking to help clear up the city, she sees me blasting innocent civvies and exploding cars, yet her reaction is only a bit of complaining. It doesn't fit together. Have they done a better job in 2?

No idea! I'll let you know in about a week! :)

It doesn't fit together. Have they done a better job in 2?

Maybe a little bit. At least right now I can't remember any side missions where you help people out of pure altruism. Sure, you collect medical supplies and sink Militia boats that shoot mortars at civilians, but all of this helps your cause as well.
Barely matters though. The story as a whole is just a lot worse: barely cohesive, with just about zero narrative flow, not to mention filled exclusively with lame and cliched characters (even for a comic book). Zeke is much improved and surprisingly likeable this time around, but maybe it just feels that way because everyone else is either terribly annoying (Nix) or painfully boring (Kuo).

Well, I messed a bit while kids were playing Infmous 2, and guess what I threw a car at a pedestrian and she got knocked down. Then I went over and healed her and I got +VE Karma :LOL: ! THe fact that I had thrown a car at her has no consequence at all. I guess I can rake up good karma in heaps now as I can just hurt the citizenz and then heal them :LOL: !

Well, I messed a bit while kids were playing Infmous 2, and guess what I threw a car at a pedestrian and she got knocked down. Then I went over and healed her and I got +VE Karma :LOL: ! THe fact that I had thrown a car at her has no consequence at all. I guess I can rake up good karma in heaps now as I can just hurt the citizenz and then heal them :LOL: !

Watch your Karma meter closely when you hit a pedestrian or something, you'll see it flash red. You definitely shouldn't go out out blasting and slapping peds willy nilly cuz you'll definitely loose all your +ve Karma. Perhaps the car thing was a glitch?

I can't express the number of times i ended up cursing because i ran in to hit a militia guy with my amp and at the last minute some brainless pedestrian decides to put his head in the way :mad::mad:

I finished the game on good at the weekend, wasn't impressed with the ending though. It's made me think that if they do an InFamous 3 then the bad ending (which i've not seen yet so can't say for sure) will be the one that becomes canon...

In Infamous 1 I see the meter flash for negative karma, but it rarely does it if I chuck pedestrians around. Will if I kill them or the like. I feel Karm in I1 was bit buggy. A couple of missions I tried to be evil, making the evil choice, and was awarded +ve karma. One was a little side quest with the guy hung upside down from a lamppost. First I tried shooting him and that counted as shooting him down and freeing him. The next time I just walked away and still got +ve karma. There was another I forgot.

Finished the game on Good...
Not impressed with the final battle!! i beat the 'beast' in 3 seconds, i kept thinking 'when is the real battle starting??'... either that or the cluster granades are utterly and completely overpowered.

Anyway, at the end you are thrown back into the game to finish off all the side missions and user generated content. And you also have the choice to start the game from the beginning. it took me a while to find this as you need to go onto Saved Games and select New Game from there.

Of course, i started off from the beginning straight away on Bad karma :)

Came across the worst karma contradiction so far in I1. You have defuse some bombs towards the end with civilians imprisoned around. If you blow the bomb and they die, it's game over. But after defusing the bombs I can happily murder the captives without anyone batting an eyelid! The whole good/bad thing needs a far more dynamic game world to really work.

I know, right? And think, if he hadn't sent it to me, for free, i probably never would have discovered this amazing game and wouldn't be playing Infamous 2 now! Crazy!

It took you "forever" to be home when the post was delivering...you could have played inFamous1 DAYS earlier :smile: The more I think about it I do think inFamous was my favorite PS3 game. I would see-saw between inFamous and Uncharted 1 but nostalgically inFamous is my clear (read: clear as mud) winner.

It took you "forever" to be home when the post was delivering...you could have played inFamous1 DAYS earlier :smile: The more I think about it I do think inFamous was my favorite PS3 game. I would see-saw between inFamous and Uncharted 1 but nostalgically inFamous is my clear (read: clear as mud) winner.

Forever grateful!

by the way we should re-open that 'free games' thread, i have a few around i haven't touched for centuries and i'm happy to send them off. Love all around.

Forever grateful!

by the way we should re-open that 'free games' thread, i have a few around i haven't touched for centuries and i'm happy to send them off. Love all around.

Wow ! Do they include some japanese games too? My budget for games seriously got cut yesterday when it got finally decided thaf I AM GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR :cool: ! I am too happy:p , but that also means I have to save some serious monies before the D-Day ! So, no more trips(except for the one planned for 1st July) and maybe just one game :oops: ! Hey! But it will be all worth it :D !!! And I hope all my friends bring me games for my wedding presents ! Ha Ha ! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of Japanese games ?

PM me your address.

Heh Heh ! You seem to have a soft corner for guys getting married , eh ;) ! Its really nice of you patsu, but I was just kidding about the presents :D ! I know you love your games a lot, thanx for the gesture :love: !

Aye, but not exactly for getting married. ^_^

Always a pleasure to see friends getting tortured by their kids. You are one step closer. XD

Aye, but not exactly for getting married. ^_^

Always a pleasure to see friends getting torture by their kids. You are one step closer. XD

Ha Ha Ha ! Thats exactly what my sister said when i called her up :LOL: ! She has a 2 and half year old sweet daughter and my sis just laughed wildly and said I can't wait to see you getting into marriage and kids ! She laughed maniacal laugh after that :unsure: ! Don't you guys give me the heebie jeebies, I love kids ! (but they haven't been mine uptill now :oops:)

DOes your post above means I don't get presents from you anymore ? :LOL:

Oh you'll find out. First 2 years were hell for me. Never seen a... thing so disruptive in my life. They have zero concept of time, reasoning, patience, everything ! There is no office hour. Baby doesn't go away at 5 o'clock. ^_^. It's a 24/7, 365 days a year, for the rest of your life affair. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Oddly enough, I think it's kinda worth it. Still not sure yet. :LOL:

bu bu but... I don't have your address !

Just loving this game! LA Noire has been put on hold and I've only touched DSIII. The UGC I've played so far has been fun but a little basic. Once I've finished I'll have a go myself!!

Back