[PS3] Infamous 2

Is the move support for Infamous 2 vanilla not live yet. Cos I updated infamous2 and am playing right now, but it doesn't allow me to use my MOVE :( !!!!

Yeah, that's correct. It should be coming sometime soon. I guess it is partly more work because of the level editor, not sure, or they wanted to focus on Festival of Blood first, which would make sense too.

I've just been playing Festival of Blood and its downright spectacular. It's a fantastic game, but the Move controls, I am completely in love with them. Perhaps it is because I am a little more practiced with Move in general, or still have some mouse in my DNA, but man does it feel right. If you can't aim and shoot at targets better with Move than with DS in this game, you really haven't given it enough time. Only the platforming takes a little getting used to.

The controls are sooo good. TTP didn't exaggerate when he said that Sucker Punch set a new benchmark with the Move controls. And my goodness, this game looks so good! All the special effects (particularly the fire and the fireworks) are downright spectacular and the framerate is great too. Love the game so far. I only played Infamous 1 for a few hours so far and I had to get back into the controls a bit also - you get a lot of powers right from the outset, and that takes a little getting back into, but I'm starting to feel pretty powerful already.

It's a 3.5GB download by the way, and apparently you can also play user generated levels in that setting, but I haven't looked at that at all yet. I may actually go for finishing this (apparently fairly short) episode.

Love it love it love it.

Just this minute finished the festival of blood. I have to say I was more than happy playing! Not so sure about the map limit, and the overall length of the game is a bit poor. But the GFX and that old Infamous charm really shine.

Got 90% of the trophies on the first play through so it's either very easy or I spent too much time breaking jars and biting people!

Am on the fence with this one since I have not completed the second game. How different/special is this pack compared to i2 ?

Am on the fence with this one since I have not completed the second game. How different/special is this pack compared to i2 ?

Not really that different. The game takes place over the course of one night so that has an effect on the nature of the graphics. If anything it enhances them as hides a few issues and shows of the lighting system which is very well done, real time shadowing.

You get two extra abilities, shadow swarm which turns you into a cloud of bats. You can get across the city really quickly with this, and it makes a cool one hit kill for vampires. Annoyingly the slightest obstruction can stop you! And you lose some of the more advanced moves from i2 like ionic storm.

The vampire sense lets you see the beating hearts of normal people or the dead grey of vampires.

It has the same game mechanics fitted into a vampire themed story which is very well produced. Albeit quite simple.

It's very focussed and quick, compared to the full game at least. I'm half-way through now and had a blast with this again yesterday. It looks great. The vampire sense is great fun, and the graphics and art-style really click with me. The full moon yesterday was beautiful, and even emitted 'god rays' :D You do some fun things with teh Vampire Sense, following the Vampire Sense trail yesterday lead me to a special marking which unlocked one UGC mission in the game, I think made by SuckerPunch themselves. I presume that after you've completed that one, the rest of the real user generated content missions are also unlocked. It's the first time I saw how a UGC mission works in this game, and I'm quite impressed, finding it there and seamlessly being able to review the ratings and comments from others.

For some reason this game is clicking with me very strongly and Festival of Blood looks set to become my PSN game of the year. I'm guessing its a combination of condensed Infamous 2 gameplay (you boost up your powers really quick), very nice art, technical proficiency, and great Move use (of course the Move controller turns Red for this game ;) ).

Also nice is that to charge up for flying as a cloud of bats (which is very cool!), you can bite random people. Vampire sense also allows you to track down vampires hiding in the crowd as regular people in a very cool way, as one of the 'collectables'. You can beat vampires, but once you've beat them you can also 'stake' them.

I was going to pick up Uncharted 3 tonight (and probably still will ;) ) but I'm actually inclined to keep playing this instead.

I'm thinking this should actually get a new thread as I am worried people don't realise you don't need Infamous 2 for this game.

That great huh ?

Does the game make me run all over a huge map ?

No, it's a (relatively) small section of New Marais, and being mostly powered up already Cole can travel from one end to the other rather fast too (and in interesting different ways, in the back of a truck, grinding electricity cables hanging over the road, through the streets, on the roofs).

There's a pleasant intimacy to the decor, easy to get familiar with, but still very varied. Imho, Fesitval of Blood is highly recommended, and if you have the Move, it is a must buy.

I bought the game when I couldn't find Deadmund's Quest on PSN.

Small changes that mean a lot to me:

* They now indicate where you should explore/go next with a big white circle on the map. I no longer spend countless hours wandering aimlessly. (Yes !)

* Thanks to your vampire power, you can now fly freely in the city (with some cool looking effect).

It's a lot easier to stay focus and get from point A to B in the game. Premise and boss look interesting. Only played for 15 minutes or so but I can say I like it better than i2 because of the more condensed experience.

If they make more DLCs in similar style, I'd buy it.

Oh yes, the visuals and environment atmosphere is MUCH nicer this time. Like the festive feel. Reminds me of my college trip to the French Quarters. ;-)

Did you try it with Move yet? I love it. Infamous 2 was patched with the controls too. And Waggle3D did a two part feature on it of 40 minutes each, first part is up:

It's not flawless, but I strongly prefer it over regular controls, and thanks to being able to shoot both bolts and grenades faster and more accurate, as well as control the camera/shooting easier while running, it actually makes the game easier.

inFAMOUS 2: How to Create Your Own UGC Graphic Novel Cutscenes

It’s been a great month for inFAMOUS! inFAMOUS 2 user-generated content continues to grow at a tremendous rate: we are seeing missions that use UGC in ways we never could have imagined and the community continues to amaze us with some truly creative missions. Second, we want to thank everyone for making inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood the fastest-selling PSN game in history!

A couple of weeks ago we released an update for inFAMOUS 2 that included the 2D Cut Scene tool that was in packaged inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood. This update allows you to create your own comic book-inspired cut scenes for your missions, giving you tons of control over the types of stories you tell. To guide you through the creation process, we created a new video tutorial explaining the basics of the 2D Cut Scene tool — you can watch it below.

Why stop there ? Enable people to make inFamous theme video greeting cards to send to their friends. Same for LBP2.

Back