Official GT5 discussion thread

Very cool. He even goes into detail of how accurate GT5 is and how small the differences are between the virtual car and the real car.

Forgot to mention that I also tried the new indoor Kart track, which is very good! I think I'll try that one online for a bit soon, as I can imagine that being a hoot.

EDIT: gratitious awesomeness:

edit very cool as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whelp, the DLC is dropping tomorrow in US.

Timing is really bad since it's BF3 day, and Dark Souls is in full play.

They need to organize something other than serious racing so that newbies can get in too. ^_^

Anyone else having problems resuming a suspended endurance race?

I'm trying to do the 4hr @ Tsukuba and so far 2 out of 3 suspensions have resulted in me having to abandon where I'm at and start the race over again. For some reason when I resume the AI driver comes into the pit lane too hot, shots over the little strip of grass and then proceeds to either repeatedly run into the pit lane wall (trying to get into the pit?) or it does laps until the tires/fuel are spent & every other car has unlapped itself.

I've even tried suspending in different spots to see if that helps, as soon as the option comes up on pit lane entry or when the car's actually stopped in the pit box, I thought waiting until the car had stopped was the key but the 2nd time I resumed that race it did it again ...

edit
nm, I figured it out, you've gotta slow down to the pit lane speed before the AI takes over, it'll control it ok during the game but when you resume you'll be going to fast & run wide. I love PD & GT5 but these little inconsistencies drive me nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say, thanks, Patsu, for the dlc info. Perhaps I'll get f4 now and gt5 in december. I'm really looking forward to having gt back in my life - i wouldnt say it is necessarily quantifiably better or worse, just different -- and different is great! Difft cars, difft music, difft upgrades, etc...

PD has Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Renault, Red Bull, Lotus and Toyota on board, they could get the F1 cars from them too IMO, not just Ferrari and release them as DLC as well as all the other missing F1 tracks. That would be great IMO.

The Ferrari F1 cars both handles great in GT5 engine, though I think F1 2011 has better physics modelling of the F1 cars, its not too bad in GT5. It would even better if PD improve the physics in DLC some more. And have more F1 seasonal events, well at least add more tracks to the current one. Just my wish list.

On another note, I did full installed of GT5 since I got it. After I updated to spec 2.0 it keep asking me if I want to do another 8 GB install. I haven't done it yet, but should I ? It's working fine as is, I am just afraid this is a bug and will screw up my game.

I dont think there was ever a clarification of what is installed exactly. For sure it should be the tracks and cars.

Yesterday I encountered an issue that is related to the game installation and the way files are organized and accessed.

I recently went to the console's factory settings and chose data recovery and then a data rebuild. When I chose yesterday the slipstream test in B-License, the test would get stack in a black screen with a GT logo appearing on the right lower corner while my HDD was showing signs that the game was trying to find the data to load the track. The HDD light was constantly lid. It wasnt a console crash because when I took the disk out it would automatically exit the game and go to the XMB.
IThe game probably couldnt find the right files to load because the database rebuild probably rearranged the files and the game didnt know where to look.

I tried multiple times to play the test and it wouldnt load until I uninstalled the data.

Also I would like to point that I installed the game recently after I have made progress instead of installing it the first time I booted it up. Not sure if that also played a role
The file management is probably problematic. When I installed the game it would take a few minutes (probably 5 minutes) until the cursor would appear in the main menu and I could navigate. Thats when I decided to make the console rebuild the database because installing the game after you made progress and already had installed files, something is messed up.
After the database rebuild it would work like a charm until the particular B License test would refuse to load

Hmm... okay, so it's not a full game install. I was more thinking along the line of GT5:prologue digital download.

You should tweet your post URL to KY. I also suspect some PSN slowness complains may be filesystem issues (e.g., 30 minute trophy sync).

Huh, I didn't know GT5 allows full install.

12GB, but still not a full install. :D So I'm not sure what it installs, as I did one on my other PS3 only after a while (after I got tired of the game asking me if I wanted to, even if I thought load-times were fine without the full install).

But I'm pretty sure I can hear the BluRay being accessed each time a car is loaded! So it almost seems as if the car data is still loaded from disc, and only track and menu data from the HDD! Perhaps the install is actually creating the icons for each of the cars and such dynamically, as that is what the new 'rebuild' option seems to suggest, as well as some of them currently missing in my car-lists in the game.

How do you activate the 12Gb install ? I went to GT5 settings. It allows me to "install game main data". Took about 5 minutes and slightly over 5Gb.

I bought the DLC.

Is this resolved or still valid?

If it is, then they've ultimately lost a customer, because my main account is the US one on which I have spent a lot of time playing this game and reaching a certain level/money and since PSN has started blocking foreign credit cards, I can not buy the DLC over the US account. And if I have to play my local account with zero play time to play the DLC, well... thanks, but no thanks.

:rolleyes:

If it is, then they've ultimately lost a customer, because my main account is the US one on which I have spent a lot of time playing this game and reaching a certain level/money and since PSN has started blocking foreign credit cards, I can not buy the DLC over the US account. And if I have to play my local account with zero play time to play the DLC, well... thanks, but no thanks.

Same here :(

From Kaz' Twitter:

We’re planning an another update for GT5 in December. In that update users who purchased cars and tracks from the DLC already, can receive a free “family upgrade” in the PS Store, which will let all users in the same PS console use the DLC.

People who bought the DLC cars will have those cars added to the dealers in the December update.

After this December update you can purchase a second car and so on from the dealer.

However I don't vouch for that this will work if you have accounts from different regions on your PS3. I think it will only work for the accounts in the same region.

How do you activate the 12Gb install ? I went to GT5 settings. It allows me to "install game main data". Took about 5 minutes and slightly over 5Gb.

I bought the DLC.

Yours took only 5 minutes ? Mine took like half hour or so, well I left it and eat dinner. But I think the game install as you play, so I did mine from the get go, but yeah I just checked the footprint of GT5 its around 10+GB and still want me to install another 8 GB everytime I start it. I am just curious how did GT5 able to get past the 4-5GB limit Sony imposed on other dev.

Loading time is still long but much better in spec 2.0, if I don't changed track I loading time is pretty quick.

I think if you don't install, it will 'install on demand'. It may well be that they optimised some bits of that, so that you really only have to install what you haven't used up to this point. Or perhaps Spec 2.0 has some additional optimisations, who knows. Could be interesting to try out sometime, to see what it is like when you have a completely fresh install.

New tweets from Kaz.

"We will be doing an October GT5 update in North America and Europe, planned for Oct. 27th. This will consist of:

1. Kart Space I/II of the DLC will become drivable with cars other than Karts in the online lounge and free run of Practice

2. Expanded restriction options for cars in the online lounge

[Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Car Model] regulations will be possible to set simultaneously.

3. Fix for issues in: Setting sheets, G25/27, resuming from pits in endurance races, TC car numbers and LSD settings, etc.

Yours took only 5 minutes ? Mine took like half hour or so, well I left it and eat dinner. But I think the game install as you play, so I did mine from the get go, but yeah I just checked the footprint of GT5 its around 10+GB and still want me to install another 8 GB everytime I start it. I am just curious how did GT5 able to get past the 4-5GB limit Sony imposed on other dev.

Loading time is still long but much better in spec 2.0, if I don't changed track I loading time is pretty quick.

Yeah, the screen says 50 minutes, but it only took 5 minutes for me. There is also an option to check how much space GT5 installs. It reported 5.x Gb before and after my reinstall.

I want it to install more stuff on the HDD, but I can't find any other option short of deleting existing game data, and reinstalling I guess.

Patch 2.01 is out...

Gran Turismo 5 2.01 Released, New B-Spec Seasonal Event
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...easonal-event/

[Major Changes and New Features]
- Compatibility of Kart Space I/II with cars other than racing Karts
It is now possible to race on Kart Space I/II of the DLC in cars other than racing Karts in online races and in the Free Run of Practice.
(In the one make races of the Arcade mode and Practice, the courses are still limited to racing Karts.)

- Expanded the car restrictions in the Online Lounge
It is now possible to simultaneously set [Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Models] in regulation settings. ( [Vehicle Tuning] must be set to [Unrestricted] and [Car Restrictions] must be set to something other than [Select from Garage].)

[Other Improvements]
- In the Open Lobby, it is no longer possible to vote to kick out the person who created the room. (If the player leaves the room after creating it then comes back, they are then subject to the vote.)
- Adjusted the force of the steering wheel returning to center after a race when using the “Guillemot T500RS”.
- Improved the steering model when driving racing Karts with the DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller, to prevent overly spinning out.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Corrected an issue where the BGM would stop playing when returning from the Lounge to the Open Lobby.
- Corrected an issue where if further engine tuning was performed on a car that already had engine tuning, the engine tune field would become incorrect when changing setting sheets.
- Corrected a discrepancy in the numerical figures in the setting sheets.
- Corrected an issue where wheels and horns would become different in every setting sheet change.
- Corrected an issue where the removal of aerodynamic parts and wings would not be implemented when changing setting sheets.
- Corrected an issue where the TCS and ABS settings would change when changing setting sheets.
- Corrected an issue where if a certain operation was performed when using a steering wheel controller with an H pattern gear shifter, the shift lever position, gear position display and the car operation would become mismatched. (On the Logitec G25 Racing Wheel, Logitech G27 Racing Wheel, and Guillemot T500RS + TH8RS Shifter.)
- Corrected an issue with the key assignments on the Logitech G27 Racing Wheel.
- Corrected an issue where the driver hand motion did not match the steering wheel motion.
- Corrected an issue where autopilot would not be disengaged after returning to the course, when resuming an endurance race where the pit lane was entered at overspeed before saving.
- Corrected an issue where the Practice ranking board would reset if the weather change/time change setting was changed when editing an existing track in the Course Maker edit screen.
- Corrected an issue where no courses could be saved in the Course Maker if the update (2.00) was installed without going through earlier updates.
- Corrected an issue where an error would occur at game start if the update (2.00) was installed on a system that has a save data that has never been updated from the first version.
- Corrected an issue with the Hybrid System simulation on the Toyota Prius G Touring Selection ’03, Toyota Prius G ’09, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
- Corrected an issue on the Ferrari F10’10, where drivers were experiencing random vibration.
- Corrected an issue where the wheel color would not appear correctly in pit work, if the wheel had been repainted.
- Corrected an issue where the [Reset to Default] button was not functioning on cars that originally come with turbo kits, when other turbo kits were installed.
- Corrected various other issues regarding the update and the DLC.

A special new “Online B-Spec Challenge” Seasonal Event, the first of its kind, has also been made available. As you might expect, the races are for your fastest B-Spec driver and take place at the following locations:

400PP High Speed Ring (5 laps), 125,000 Cr. Prize
500PP Rome City (5 laps), 170,000 Cr. Prize
650PP Tokyo Route 246 (10 laps), 220,000 Cr. Prize

Back