Official GT5 discussion thread

Thanks for the save/suspend explanation! I finished up 3-4 endurance races with my Bobs now and what pissed me off is the shitty Iroc Camaro that I won as my prize ugh. I was expecting better cars damnit. Anyway pretty soon it will be the 9 hour races and the 24 hour races and what not. That will take a loooooooooooong time. And then yeah I will go back to the extreme series and have my Bobs beat the few remaining races like Formula GT and what not. I am trying to finish up the B spec races before I go back to the A spec and continue because I am at the point where I need a steering wheel and pedal setup to continue.

Found more bugs today in the B-Spec 24h event. Some drivers AI opponents would get stuck in the pits. They wouldnt get out.
There was also another one who needed fuel, the car was a wreck and needed pits fast. He entered the pits and instead of stopping to the crew he continued until he got out of the pits. He did that endlessly
Once I save the progressed, quit the game and boot it up again from where I left off, the AI would behave correctly for those cars until some others would present those issues

I got really annoyed. I started the formula by championship and I thought to myself there are 6 races and on average it will take 48 min for each round so that's nearly 5 hrs of gaming that I can't do in one stretch. Oh there must be a save option...turns out there wasn't! I couldn't suspend anything!

You can suspend before you go to the next race can't you? I'm sure I've done that on various A & B spec championships ...

edit
the icon looks like a "no entry" symbol, a circle with a diagonal line through it

Last edited by a moderator:
suryad said:
I got really annoyed. I started the formula by championship and I thought to myself there are 6 races and on average it will take 48 min for each round so that's nearly 5 hrs of gaming that I can't do in one stretch. Oh there must be a save option...turns out there wasn't! I couldn't suspend anything!

Yes you can, inbetween races. You can't do anything else, but you can turn off your game and PS3 and resume the next day / time. Pay good attention for the menu option for this in one of the post-race screens.

Yes you can, inbetween races. You can't do anything else, but you can turn off your game and PS3 and resume the next day / time. Pay good attention for the menu option for this in one of the post-race screens.

Nice I will check it out thanks for the tip! The one good thing that came out of this is my formula gt now has 936 hp post oil change :)

Ordered the Logitech G27 for PC/PS3. Should be coming in by this week or early next week. I am quite excited about that purchase. Also finished up the B spec Extreme Series and now I have 4 more Endurance events which includes Tsukuba ugh I hate that track and the worst part is it's 9 hours long. I figure I am gonna set up my fronts as Race Soft, rear as Race Medium and then get a fast car that I don't mind putting too many miles on and let her rip. Shut off my TV or do something else and just check in once every hour or so and see how it's progressing. Can't do it during the weekdays gotta do it during the weekend. Really want to get the B spec out of the way before I start focusing on the Special Events and the License tests and finishing up the remaining A spec and online events. I hope more DLC is on the way! Come on Kaz!

If this is your first wheel, you're gonna love it. I remember when I got my DFGT, it made GT that much more fun.

Takes some getting used to. For me, after ~30min, I was better with the wheel than with a DS3.

Ordered the Logitech G27 for PC/PS3. Should be coming in by this week or early next week. I am quite excited about that purchase. Also finished up the B spec Extreme Series and now I have 4 more Endurance events which includes Tsukuba ugh I hate that track and the worst part is it's 9 hours long. I figure I am gonna set up my fronts as Race Soft, rear as Race Medium and then get a fast car that I don't mind putting too many miles on and let her rip. Shut off my TV or do something else and just check in once every hour or so and see how it's progressing. Can't do it during the weekdays gotta do it during the weekend. Really want to get the B spec out of the way before I start focusing on the Special Events and the License tests and finishing up the remaining A spec and online events. I hope more DLC is on the way! Come on Kaz!

Woah, congrats ! You'll thank us. ^_^

GTPlanet’s Kazunori Yamauchi Interview at SEMA 2011: Standard Cars, DLC, and the Future of Polyphony Digital
http://www.gtplanet.net/gtplanets-k...cars-dlc-and-the-future-of-polyphony-digital/

At the 2011 SEMA Show last week, I had the very special opportunity to – for the first time – personally interview the master himself: Kazunori Yamauchi. We had a great chat, and I am happy to report that Kazunori seemed happy, relaxed, and in good spirits.

GTP: Could you explain why you decided to open Polyphony Digital’s new offices in Fukuoka and Tokyo? How is the company structured now?

KY: The answer is quite simple – it is because of the nuclear accident at Fukushima. After it happened, I calculated how much the radiation would spread, and it turned out there would be a significant amount of radiation in a 500 kilometer radius around Fukushima, which would lead to people having to leave Tokyo.

I had everyone with small kids or families move to Fukuoka. Considering all the different cities in the area, Fukuoka was a prime location.

GTP: There has been much discussion and debate in GTPlanet’s community regarding GT5’s Standard and Premium cars. Could you explain how you came to the decision of which cars would be Premium and which would remain Standard, such as the Bugatti Veyron?

KY: It wasn’t a matter of making a decision, we just didn’t have time to do it! There is still a possibility that some Standard cars may become Premium in the future.

GTP: In an interview last year, you mentioned that some Standard cars may be upgraded to Premium status in the future. Do you still have plans for this, or will GT5’s future DLC focus on adding new car models to the game?

KY: I think that we should focus on adding new cars to the game.

GTP: Could you offer any hints about what else may be coming in the future, or how frequently new content may be released?

KY: We’re continuously working to make more and more content for the game, and I think what’s really important is the reactions of our users. We’ve had our DLC and our 2.0 update, and the reaction has been really good so far, but we want to look at the overall feedback to see what we should do from here on, and adjust accordingly.

Yay Amazon shipped out my steering wheel! Yes this is my first wheel that I bought on my own. But previously I played GT5 with a friend's Logitech Momo wheel. It was a lot of fun especially playing in Extreme mode on the Nurbugring Nordschleife with an ABT Audi TT. The car felt alive because all the bumps and what not could be felt via the steering wheel. And now I keep reading really good things about the G27 so I am stoked especially now that GT5 is supporting G27 post 2.0 update. I am 3 hours in to the 9 hour Tsukuba Endurance race with the ISF Racing Concept. I cannot wait to finish B Spec and then the real fun will begin. :D But yeah I have been planning on getting a steering wheel but thanks to you guys I ended up ordering one haha.

Nah not a wheel virgin. Just never had time or resources to game the way I want but now I do so I am catching up slowly :)

My Bobs are duking it out at the 24 hours of Le Sarthe...should be about 17 hours in to the race by now...I am at work now and they were in a 5 lap lead IIRC. I am using a Nissan RCP92. I just hope the PS3 doesn't melt lol! My B spec level was barely 35 which is the prereq for the race I think and my bobs were lvls 34 and 33. One more 24 hour race to go and then B spec will be done!

Should be ok. I left my fat PS3 folding 24/7 for 9 months straight (over Summer too !). The Slim PS3s should be cooler.

ok finished the race and my Bobs won needless to say. Hooked up the where and I think my table that I am using is a bit too puny or the force feedback is incredibly strong. Maybe I gotta turn it down but the wheels and the pedals are most excellent. Tried as my first car the red bull x2010 and while I beat la sarthe forget about the Nurburgring! I gotta drive a slower car and I gotta turn down the feedback strength a bit and I gotta get used to the wheel. But altogether most excellent!

ok finished the race and my Bobs won needless to say. Hooked up the where and I think my table that I am using is a bit too puny or the force feedback is incredibly strong. Maybe I gotta turn it down but the wheels and the pedals are most excellent. Tried as my first car the red bull x2010 and while I beat la sarthe forget about the Nurburgring!

Well the x2010 should have a lot of force feedback, at those speeds. ;) Try a normal car, that actually has full 2.5 turn lock-to-lock steering for some contrast there. ;) Or a luxury car with steering assist ... :)

Well the x2010 should have a lot of force feedback, at those speeds. ;) Try a normal car, that actually has full 2.5 turn lock-to-lock steering for some contrast there. ;) Or a luxury car with steering assist ... :)

lol I am going to try an Audi R8 diesel this time to beat those other monsters and then I will have Expert complete an will move on to Extreme. I probably need a heavier table too...one that doesn't move around too much.

lol I am going to try an Audi R8 diesel this time to beat those other monsters and then I will have Expert complete an will move on to Extreme. I probably need a heavier table too...one that doesn't move around too much.

I agree it is really nice to have a heavy table to fix to, but take it from this pro here that at the same time it's a good exercise to getting your steering skills up to speed - if you move the wheel in any way other than circular, you're wasting energy and get in your own way. ;) Just like martial artists (or I presume regular boxers and athletes) know not to tense any muscles other than the ones you need for that particular motion (or you will literally hold back your own punch), you should only ever turn the wheel over its axis, and don't push it forward or down or to the side, or pull it backward or up.I played on an ironing board for the time, and that forced me to hone that skill :D

Back