Rant: Console store employees!

seems even in different country, there will always be a annoyong console store emplyees. on my coutnry i got weird event in big game store called "Level Up" (LU) in my town.

--- beware, bad english ---

Happends when i come there to buy Xbox 360 Jasper Arcade because my Falcon has died RROD. Then another customer come. He is a father (F) buying xbox for him and his kids.

It goes something like this

F: I heard there xbox jtag that let me play a lot of games
LU: Yes, we have here with 500GB Harddisk, its 500USD. (just a rough conversion from the price in my town currentcy)
F: Thats expensive, but if i also by kinect will i get a discount?
LU: sorry sir, the JTAG not compatible with kinect. even more, it cant play new games.
F: what... that's too bad. So how about PS3?
LU: no no sir, dont buy PS3. it cant play pirated games <--- it make me chuckle when the store person say that

F: So How much the game cost?
LU: Its very expensive 40USD and we dont have new games stocked <--- second chuckle

then i finish my payment for Xbox 360 Jasper so i disturb their conversation, telling the Father person that PS3 original games can be ordered from online store, albeit unofficial. And the Xbox JTAG can be used with Kinect and can play new games if the software in xbox is updated.

what respond i got?
the gamestore person look at me weird and ignoring me.The father person also looks confused.Then the gamestore person start telling the Father to get hacked xbox 360 slim that they have in stock.

Indonesia? (I translated the text you have in your signature).

It's the knuckle dragging troglodytes that infest gaming stores like some post apocalyptic rednecks looking to bling up their goat shagging skills that put me off forever. I get everything online now.

Loooooooool, :LOL:

I stopped visiting GAME stores in the UK when i was unfortunate witness to the blatant lie of a GAME employee telling an unassuming consumer that the PS Move will be supported in CODBLOPS and will allow him to own online. Sadly a part of me was actually made to question my own informedness at the time, and i didn't speak up to catch the guy out as i was curious to know if he'd heard something that hadn't.

More funny than video game store employees, who in France certificated that PS3 due to the CELL power have all games render in 1080p Native , The TV/Hifi store employees is probably one of the more funny. Ask us "You sell crappy hardware?" when they try to sell you a guarantee extension, the reaction is one of the best I known. ^^

Indonesia? (I translated the text you have in your signature).

yups, that's where i live.

awesome country btw, so many free things. (free TV, free sport shows, free to walk in the middle of roads, etc)

but so hard to get original console games. PC is easy to get, albeit still got late release date.

Well I havent encountered the same yet with the PS3 in the retail, but I did encounter it with everyday average Joe's ;)

My favorite still is when I went to get Killzone 2. The store had done a "midnight release" the night before and it was still all decorated up and the clerk went on and on about the festivities. So finally after 5 minutes of raving he asks me, "You want that for the 360 right?..................................."

Walking into a gamestop to buy a game on launch day

Me: Hi, do you have ghost recon for xbox 360

GS emp: Did you preorder?

Me: No.

GS emp: Well we only ordered enough to fulfill our pre-orders.

Me: Um, dont you think there are people who want to buy this game but didnt pre-order it?

GS emp: *blank stare*

The only thing thast surprises me about this is that it's the 360. I usually encounter it with the PS3 :)

Used to see that a lot more the year prior and after ps3 launch ... not so much anymore.

Still would get a Diehard fan every once in a while that would swear by the POWA of Cell, and point to the higher pricetag as proof of the eventual performance superiority ... but after every passing multiplat game showing up better looking on the 360 ... over the years it started to become a bit foolish of them to still cling to the same marketing spiel when it wasn't bearing fruit in reality.

I think a few might still think that, but they don't voice it anywhere near as often or as loud is it just makes them look even more foolish. ;)

Walking into a gamestop to buy a game on launch day

Me: Hi, do you have ghost recon for xbox 360

GS emp: Did you preorder?

Me: No.

GS emp: Well we only ordered enough to fulfill our pre-orders.

Me: Um, dont you think there are people who want to buy this game but didnt pre-order it?

GS emp: *blank stare*

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I read this and i imagined Homer Simpson behind the counter...loool

Minimum wages + minimum responsibility = minimum service if the call of duty goes above and beyond sticking your purchases in a bag.

Minimum wages + minimum responsibility = minimum service if the call of duty goes above and beyond sticking your purchases in a bag.

And just think, those minimum wage monkies are now making over 9 USD a hour in my state...and we wonder why our economy is sinking.

Regards,
SB

And just think, those minimum wage monkies are now making over 9 USD a hour in my state...and we wonder why our economy is sinking.

Regards,
SB

Look on the bright side! It'll probably accelerate the trend towards online shopping because it makes places like Newegg, Amazon etc much more competitive. Then you can deal with the online fanboys in the comments/review sections! :devilish:

Something else that makes me wonder what the hell are they thinking at that same store I mentioned earlier.

They accept used games and give you back 5 Euros max no matter the condition or how recent the game is.
Even if you bring it in a sealed box brand new.

Even if they sell it for 20 Euros they get 75% Profit Margin out of it!
But they sell them for 30 Euros and above sometimes even nearing the 50 Euro mark! The most common price is 40-45 Euros for a used game.

Ironically a Platinum/Greatest Hits version is sitting at around 20 Euros on the actual shelf brand new! :LOL:

A year ago I found a used Project Zero being sold for 40 Euros and a used Collector's edition was there too for 30 Euros. Find a logic in that! Not to mention how old that title is since it was released at 360's launch.

You d often see the crappiest game there ever released being sold for 40 Euros used!
WTF?

They accept used games and give you back 5 Euros max no matter the condition or how recent the game is.
Even if you bring it in a sealed box brand new.

What kind of store would give you a maximum of €5 for a used game? And what kind of idiot would accept it?

What kind of store would give you a maximum of €5 for a used game? And what kind of idiot would accept it?

Where I am many stores. Probably all of them.

Unfortunately when thats the maximum the majority of stores will give you, people would accept it as a norm.

Personally I am not doing them the favor. I brought two brand new sealed games once and they wouldnt take them for more than $5!
I gave them my dick instead. ;)

Where I am many stores. Probably all of them.

Unfortunately when thats the maximum the majority of stores will give you, people would accept it as a norm.

Personally I am not doing them the favor. I brought two brand new sealed games once and they wouldnt take them for more than $5!
I gave them my dick instead. ;)

Why would they have to buy your crap for more than it is worth?

Back