New Nintendo Trademarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC-Engine said:
No instead we're playing crappy games like GTA, The Getaway, Ghost Hunter, and EA Sports.

Well if that's all you see in this generation, then you're missing on a lot of good games matey. Shame.

Looks like you can't read either because without SONY SEGA would still be making consoles.

Oh yes i forgot that Sony killed the Sega star. :rolleyes: And thank you, i can read just fine.

How is that bad??? SEGA sold more DCs than Xbox or GCNs during the same period in their respective console lifetimes. Who was buying those DCs???

Have i ever said it's bad? Have i ever said that i'm glad Sega went bust? Again, learn to read.

yawn.gif

sleep.gif

london-boy said:
PC-Engine said:
No instead we're playing crappy games like GTA, The Getaway, Ghost Hunter, and EA Sports.

Well if that's all you see in this generation, then you're missing on a lot of good games matey. Shame.

Looks like you can't read either because without SONY SEGA would still be making consoles.

Oh yes i forgot that Sony killed the Sega star. :rolleyes: And thank you, i can read just fine.

How is that bad??? SEGA sold more DCs than Xbox or GCNs during the same period in their respective console lifetimes. Who was buying those DCs???

Have i ever said it's bad? Have i ever said that i'm glad Sega went bust? Again, learn to read.

And if you think SEGA doesn't make great games then maybe you should stick with the GTAs and EA Sports instead. Most of the 3rd party games in this generation would've been released on a SEGA or Nintendo console anyway if SONY didn't enter the market. ;) The only games that you wouldn't see on a SEGA or Nintendo console are SONY games and I wouldn't say SONY makes great games except for maybe two. :LOL:

If SONY didn't enter the market then MS probably would've never entered, but then SEGA would still be making consoles. Why did people stop buying the DC? Was it because of a lack of quality games? Was it because the DC was expensive? No it was because of SONY and PS2. This could be considered good or bad, but it's not suprising you only see the good. ;)

Do you actually believe that if SONY hadn't entered the market Nintendo wouldn't have released a sucessor to N64? SEGA wouldn't have released DC? Life moves on with or without SONY in the market whether you choose to accept it or not. Sure they deserve some credit just like evey other gaming company deserves credit, but to say that the market wouldn't have grown without their involvement is pure fantasy...

PC-Engine said:
And if you think SEGA doesn't make great games then maybe you should stick with the GTAs and EA Sports instead. Most of the 3rd party games in this generation would've been released on a SEGA or Nintendo console anyway if SONY didn't enter the market. ;) The only games that you wouldn't see on a SEGA or Nintendo console are SONY games and I wouldn't say SONY makes great games except for maybe two. :LOL:

If SONY didn't enter the market then MS probably would've never entered, but then SEGA would still be making consoles. Why did people stop buying the DC? Was it because of a lack of quality games? Was it because the DC was expensive? No it was because of SONY and PS2. This could be considered good or bad, but it's not suprising you only see the good. ;)

Do you actually believe that if SONY hadn't entered the market Nintendo wouldn't have released a sucessor to N64? SEGA wouldn't have released DC? Life moves on with or without SONY in the market whether you choose to accept it or not. Sure they deserve some credit just like evey other gaming company deserves credit, but to say that the market wouldn't have grown without their involvement is pure fantasy...

Well then i guess we live very different fantasies, PC-Engine.
Do you actually believe that if SONY hadn't entered the market Nintendo wouldn't have released a sucessor to N64?

When did i ever say that? I said they would have, but we would be playing the games Nintendo keeps recycling. Only without the games that are currently present on Sony and MS platforms.
Also, you talk about PS2. Sony entered the market with the PS1. You completely ignored my point of the post, which is how Sony changed the market with the PSONE. I never mentioned the "impact PS2 had on the market". But i'm not surprised, it's your usual selective reading.

And if you think SEGA doesn't make great games then maybe you should stick with the GTAs and EA Sports instead.

Again, can you read? I said they obviously do. Or at least they used to. You haven't answered my question, when was the last time Sega did an AWESOME game? And again, if GTA (by the way, for ur information, i only got GTA3, got bored and never even touched Vice City and San Andreas) and EA (same, never owned an EA game. I think. Oh actually i did, one of those cool but boring LOTR games) is the only thing u see outside of Sega, u're missing out on a lot of good stuff.

Seeya.

When did i ever say that? I said they would have, but we would be playing the games Nintendo keeps recycling. Only without the games that are currently present on Sony and MS platforms.

And what games would we NOT be playing? :LOL: SONY games and MS games. I guess you just don't get it. 99% of Xbox titles are 3rd party. 99% of titles for PS1 or PS2 is 3rd party. You think without SONY or MS Nintendo and SEGA consoles wouldn't have 3rd party support? :LOL:

Also, you talk about PS2. Sony entered the market with the PS1. You completely ignored my point of the post, which is how Sony changed the market with the PSONE. I never mentioned the "impact PS2 had on the market". But i'm not surprised, it's your usual selective reading.

Uh no it doesn't make any difference whether we're talking about PS1 and/or PS2. The end result would still be the same 3rd parties would still release games that came out on PS1/PS2 on Nintendo and SEGA consoles. Last time I check there's no law preventing that is there? :LOL:

:LOL: Discussing ;) with :rolleyes: you :oops: is :p pointless :LOL: .

You have decided to take one word in one post and ignore the rest. You ask questions that have already been answered and troll according to the words you put into other people's mouths. Then make everything look pretty with strategically placed emoticons.

Good job, keep up the good work.

Seeya.

I would also like to know what are those mega games made by Sega, VF4 Evo, is there something else?, and that's old too. Today Sega makes mediocre games.

Dr Evil said:
I would also like to know what are those mega games made by Sega, VF4 Evo, is there something else?, and that's old too. Today Sega makes mediocre games.

Do you have any clue what people are talking about here?

PC-Engine said:
SONY didn't create 3rd party games...open your eyes and just be honest with yourself...

Again, quote me saying that. You've missed the point completely, butted into a conversation between me, jvd and a few others, bringing in your smileys and prejudices, and now the thread is all yours!!! Happy now?

Later.

PC-Engine said:
Dr Evil said:

Seems to me that off topic mostly. Answer the question.

This what i wrote before, Videostaton Portable would really rock harder than PSP imo. Simple games n HD media player better than average PS2 n expensive small memsticks.

It will be frustating for Sony if Apple comes out a Vpod soon to steal the show again .... talk about waste opportunity. Who know GB Vpocket potential can reach too.

"

To be honest, i don really indulge in the gaming idea of PSP, could be i got tired of games, stiill I do like the idea of PSP, but rather it focus more on media than games playback.
Now PSP and games prices seem higher, guess no curious buy for me.

I alway felt since Sony want to bite the bullet by aggressive priced PSP, they could do away with those fast mulitple cpus, UMD drive, but slap in a 10-20GB hd playing most formats, while keeping the sexy form factor. Thats right, "PSP" will not play games, but a plain but better meda player. 249-299, i would be first on the line.

Sony may find it hard to get back profits since no licensed UMD sales from this "PSP", but still have memsticks sales, more non gamers will buy it, Sony real Ipod killer, everything eventually lead to Sony Connect. Kutaragi also said before in built parts contribute to PSP cheapness.

I wonder how well will licensed UMDs sell in the 1st place. PSP games arent exactly flying off in japan.

This sound blasphermous to Console Forum users, but imo such media player has higher needs priority than playing mobile PS2 games. Either that or PSPii with built in microdrive.

What you think?

"

Who wants to watch movies from a small screen, who would buy a device that only plays music and videos.
Wasn't that critisized the most when PSP was announced: "Sony are teh f00l, noone will buy a portable to watch movies from it's small skreen lol!!)There's already such devices (Creative for example makes one based on MS software), and they haven't been very succesful.

A handheld gaming device with media playing as a "bonus" makes more sense

A hd in PSP would of course be great, but do you honestly think they'd be able to sell it at that price it's sold now?
If a company wants to sell movie software for the device, a removable "closed" media is better than a HD.
It's another matter will the movies sell though, but the UMD will not be left without use because of the games.

Chap, you want "simple" games... but many want the more "this gen" games of PSP. But there will possibly be those simple games for you and your PSP too, and you might be able to dl them into a memstick.
You just can't have it all in one device. Apple will likely release some Media player iPod, with a game of "Hearts" or Tetris or such.. maybe you should wait for it.

I don't see the PSP games sales as bad as you obviously do. Launch games aren't necessarily selling the same as for example PS2 games, for the simple fact that there's not as many PSP's around.
Just wait as SE releases some rpg for PSP, I'm sure it's sales will be impressive in Japan.

Wow this thread is really getting out of hand... Two tiny pics sparked off a discussion about PSP vs DS that turned into "Wow What if we lived in an alternative universe where there's no Sony and Sega is still kicking it..." :oops: :oops: :oops:
I am waiting for the next turn of event when you'll be discussing "What if pigs can fly..." :LOL:

hupfinsgack said:
london-boy said:
hupfinsgack said:
"What if pigs can fly..." :LOL:

Naturally it depends on the company that provides the pig steroids.

I actually would have bet my money on this reply: "European or African pigs?"

Well it's obvious that the technology and budget behind Euro pig care will make them faster than the Afro pigs who are unfairly at disadvantage. Like comparing apples to oranges!!! :devilish:

PC-Engine said:
I guess you just don't get it. 99% of Xbox titles are 3rd party. 99% of titles for PS1 or PS2 is 3rd party. You think without SONY or MS Nintendo and SEGA consoles wouldn't have 3rd party support? :LOL:

I stopped reading right there.

I HAD been following this little discussion between you and London Boy - agreeing wholeheartedly with London Boy the entire time - but then you just threw your last shred of credibility out the window.

Obviously, you're a die-hard Nintendo fan. One who's so closed himself off to other game consoles that you don't even realize how many first- and second-party games Sony has, and, to a lesser extent, Microsoft.

You simply continue spitting your empty, biased rhetoric for... what? To convince yourself? You sure haven't convinced me.

Dr Evil said:
PC-Engine said:
Dr Evil said:

Seems to me that off topic mostly. Answer the question.

If you had paid attention instead of going off on a tangent about which SEGA games are great, you'd know what the main discussion is about, but I'll let you dig through these posts for yourself. One doesn't learn much by being spoon fed. :LOL:

london-boy said:
PC-Engine said:
SONY didn't create 3rd party games...open your eyes and just be honest with yourself...

Again, quote me saying that. You've missed the point completely, butted into a conversation between me, jvd and a few others, bringing in your smileys and prejudices, and now the thread is all yours!!! Happy now?

Later.

Stop dodging the issue. How is SONY in the market and SEGA out of the market somehow better for games and market size? That's your whole argument right there now support it with facts of how all the supposedly great games on PS1 and PS2 wouldn't be possible on a SEGA console if SONY wasn't in the market. ;)
Kolgar said:
PC-Engine said:
I guess you just don't get it. 99% of Xbox titles are 3rd party. 99% of titles for PS1 or PS2 is 3rd party. You think without SONY or MS Nintendo and SEGA consoles wouldn't have 3rd party support? :LOL:

I stopped reading right there.

I HAD been following this little discussion between you and London Boy - agreeing wholeheartedly with London Boy the entire time - but then you just threw your last shred of credibility out the window.

Obviously, you're a die-hard Nintendo fan. One who's so closed himself off to other game consoles that you don't even realize how many first- and second-party games Sony has, and, to a lesser extent, Microsoft.

You simply continue spitting your empty, biased rhetoric for... what? To convince yourself? You sure haven't convinced me.

Dude nobody cares when you stopped reading nor who you think is more credible nor whether you're convinced. :LOL:

Maybe instead of shifting to personal jabs with nada to back it up, you should provide some evidence to support your argument instead.....oh wait! :LOL:

Hey everyone look! SONY made everything better now. SEGA doesn't make consoles anymore not to mention now we can all play more adult oriented games on SONY consoles. These games would've never been released on a Nintendo or SEGA console even though 99% of them are 3rd party therefore we can safely say that the market is bigger and better now. If SONY hadn't entered the market we'd still be playing kitty titles on N64s and DCs well into the next decade!!! :LOL: :oops: ;)

PC-Engine said:
Stop dodging the issue. How is SONY in the market and SEGA out of the market somehow better for games and market size? That's your whole argument right there now support it with facts of how all the supposedly great games on PS1 and PS2 wouldn't be possible on a SEGA console if SONY wasn't in the market. ;)

I'm not dodging anything. You got it all wrong, as usual and to be honest i don't feel like repeating myself. I never said that the fact Sony is in and Sega is out is better for games cause they do better games.
I only commented on the fact that the market would not be this size if Sony had never targetted the casual gamers in the PS1 days and continued to do so till today.
You obviously read "I Hate Sega" comments in any comment that disagrees with you. Then put words in other people's mouths. That's your problem, not mine.
I don't need to prove anything to anyone. If you go back and REALLY read the posts that have been made before you started shitting all over yet another thread with your trolling you'd understand. No actually you wouldn't. That would be asking too much.
I won't reply anymore to this thread, i've made my points, and you obviously felt the need to ruin yet another thread.
This was NEVER a "Sony is better than everyone else, thank god Sega's dead!" thread. Obviously you felt the need to turn it into one. As always.
Way to go, PC-Engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back