Sony's Next Generation Portable unveiling - PSP2 in disguise

Browsing through the weekly Best Buy ad.

Vita 32 GB card on "sale" for $60. In late 2015.

Any wonder why Vita bombed?

Yup its a travesty. I just got a new 128gig flash drive for $20. They really screwed the pooch. IF they went with micro sd cards I think the portable could have done better. It certainly would have been more attractive price wise

Yup its a travesty. I just got a new 128gig flash drive for $20. They really screwed the pooch. IF they went with micro sd cards I think the portable could have done better. It certainly would have been more attractive price wise

And even less of a margin for Sony.

And even less of a margin for Sony.
maybe less margins but higher sales.

I have a buddy who loves sony and will buy anything they put out (he even has a psp go) he actually has 3 of their cards for the vita and has them filled with games but he stoped buying because the prices were so high. He has a 16gig card that I gave him free when I sold my vita (which I won from taco bell)

The 3ds however uses standard sd cards in which large capacities have been cheap for awhile now.

maybe less margins but higher sales.

I have a buddy who loves sony and will buy anything they put out (he even has a psp go) he actually has 3 of their cards for the vita and has them filled with games but he stoped buying because the prices were so high. He has a 16gig card that I gave him free when I sold my vita (which I won from taco bell)

The 3ds however uses standard sd cards in which large capacities have been cheap for awhile now.

It is possible to delete games on the Vita. Your saves are still in the PS cloud.

It is possible to delete games on the Vita. Your saves are still in the PS cloud.

While it is , its not an ideal use case for a device dependent on wifi or some models with 3G . It also means when traveling your going to limit the amount of titles you can bring with you if you choose DD over carts.

Maybe I'm repeating myself but I think the issue here is not the broader question about whether or not flash based media can replace either magnetic or or optical media either as storage or retailing package, but more if a console manufacturercan manufacture a product around such technology: the PRO the CON, is it marketable? Etc

Damned, wrong thread.

Last edited:
Back