Misc Gaming related thread

C'mon, admit it- you want to see those 2 anime girls kiss. (We want cliches, right?) Sexy, petite chippies with guns...geez! ;) They're cute as puppies, but lethal! At the core of every man's BIOS firmware is something indescribably bizarre and perverted wrt little girls. :oops:

notAFanB said:
maskrider said:
LogisticX said:
I'm sorry but is it possible for any anime to not follow every single cliche imaginable? :rolleyes:

Does that only happen with Anime ? :rolleyes:

well, he does have a point that (mostly mainstream) Anime almost revels in cliche'

That depends on the production rate and your (area of) exposure to them.

There are many many animes (and so do movies), and many many of them belong to the cliche type, even in those types, you will still find joy in watching if you leave your mind open, you may find something fascinating or refreshing than keep telling yourself this is not something new or this is just cliche.

For sure the same happens with games, and it is for sure easier said than done. But at least keep trying and find the joy within than keep refusing.

Well, I don't know, I've just become very jaded with anime... I used to be a pretty big fan of it...but man I can't take much more.

I was watching Initial D and couldn't help laughing when a race was going on and the two racers felt the need to describe every single subtle point imaginable.

For instance:

'This is the C53 turn, the hardest turn in Tokyo...nobody has ever made the C53 turn on their first try!'

Gee, I wonder if the main character is going to make the turn on his first try. It seems like this always happens in anime. That's just one of the things that bugs me.

Just read from Famitsu PS2 :

Biohazard Outbreak FILE 2 is coming this autumn in Japan, the article mainly covers a zoo/safari like place with 8 playable characters (YOKO, KEVIN, JIM, CINDY, DAVID, ALYSSA, MARK and GEORGE).

Apart from the animal cages, there will be a pond/lake like place that you will swim/dive in it.

ChryZ said:
notAFanB said:
I don't dispute that, the last 'anime' I have seen was Korean in any case.
Wonderful Days?

My Beautiful Girl Marie.

Biohazard Outbreak FILE 2 is coming this autumn in Japan, the article mainly covers a zoo/safari like place with 8 playable characters (YOKO, KEVIN, JIM, CINDY, DAVID, ALYSSA, MARK and GEORGE).

my god that's just milking the franchise to nbew levels!!!.......having said that I'll probably be picking it up.

notAFanB said:

my god that's just milking the franchise to nbew levels!!!.......having said that I'll probably be picking it up.

Heh heh ! The same situation with me. :D

Anime is pretty much like every other form of entertainment. How many TV sitcoms do you run across and discover all the same tired character prototypes, reused jokes, repeated situations...? How about with movies? Games? Books?

There's so much "derivative" out there--"cliche" if you want--but as with everything, you taste-test and decide what you like, and move away from what doesn't please you. If you make broadscale claims and dismissals, pretty much all you do is misrepresent the good examples and make people shrug and go "yeah, so what else is new?" to the rest. And it also sets you up for outright missing shows you may really like, because you're not in a mood to give them a chance.

Everything is worth a look-see, and nothing can be properly represented with a one or two-sentence synopsis.

notAFanB said:
anybody tried Ku-on yet (maskrider, I'm looking at you! :oops: ). I hear bad things so some impressiuons would be nice.

I have considered it, but decided not going for it as I have read far too many people saying it is pretty simple for the gameplay. Although the atmosphere and the graphics is pretty nice and some said the story is also an interesting one. They said the puzzles are rather easy.

I am playing the original Shadow Hearts at the moment to know more about the story before Shadow Hearts II.

Is there any significant differences besides maybe load times and GFX reducements between the PS2 and GC versions of VJ?

IST said:
Is there any significant differences besides maybe load times and GFX reducements between the PS2 and GC versions of VJ?

PlayStation 2 should be able to run VJ just fine, graphics or loading times have nothing to do with the rejection by SCEA I presume. SCEA rejected games like Metal Slug 3 and Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution too you know. It took months until VF4: Evo was released in the US, and ONLY because it had a budget price. (in Europe and in Japan it was released for full price).

Um, I didn't mean that, lol. I was just asking if there were any real differences between the two, such as added levels or modes.

IST said:
Um, I didn't mean that, lol. I was just asking if there were any real differences between the two, such as added levels or modes.

That I do not know, although there is a rumor that Dante would star in the PlayStation 2 version as a bonus character. ;)

You're thinking of STM3(Can't remember exact intals.) or so there, buddy. ;) Edit: Either sp instead of of was a massive typo or I had a freudian slip. I'm talking about Billy Corgen on AIM... Fixed various typos too.

It's amazing how SCEA works sometimes.... I mean, look at the piles of shit that sometimes get released over here without a problem. I really need to see what sort of criteria a game must pass/possess in order to be given the ok to be released.

Back