More sales charts... (US)

I was sort of hoping that there would be enough room for Wii and PS3 in the same marketplace, as they don't exactly scratch the same itch. When I think of Wii, I think of beer and casua gaming ;) , and I consider PS3 to be closer to what has been experienced on the PC.

I already own an xBox360 and a Gaming PC, but I'm still hoping PS3 would take off well, as I fear that it would be the end of BlueRay and Cell technology if it doesn't - Both are great technologies that I'd love to see them evolve given the chance.

Cell is by far the most interesting processor at the moment, and if it fails, I fear we'll be stuck with intel/amd for next 10 years in the entertainment sector, and evolution will slow down due to lack of serious competition. I'm ready to buy a PS3 just to back up the Cell, as it may be the ticket for the ultimate gaming experience I've been waiting for the last 20 years (VR and all that) - probably not in the form of PS3, but in the future.

There are great things in documents buried in corporate basements - things that were ahead of their time at the time or not taken to the marketplace due to lack of whatever. Hopefully Cell will not be one of them.

I was sort of hoping that there would be enough room for Wii and PS3 in the same marketplace, as they don't exactly scratch the same itch. When I think of Wii, I think of beer and casua gaming ;) , and I consider PS3 to be closer to what has been experienced on the PC.

I already own an xBox360 and a Gaming PC, but I'm still hoping PS3 would take off well, as I fear that it would be the end of BlueRay and Cell technology if it doesn't - Both are great technologies that I'd love to see them evolve given the chance.

Cell is by far the most interesting processor at the moment, and if it fails, I fear we'll be stuck with intel/amd for next 10 years in the entertainment sector, and evolution will slow down due to lack of serious competition. I'm ready to buy a PS3 just to back up the Cell, as it may be the ticket for the ultimate gaming experience I've been waiting for the last 20 years (VR and all that) - probably not in the form of PS3, but in the future.

There are great things in documents buried in corporate basements - things that were ahead of their time at the time or not taken to the marketplace due to lack of whatever. Hopefully Cell will not be one of them.

How great is the Cell as a CE component, if its survival is strictly dependent on the success of the PS3? If the Cell is a great technology then it won't need the PS3 beyond footing the bill for the R&D. All it needs is Sony throwing the Cell into a bunch of their electronics products and for those products to show a level of performance, features and/or reliability above the competition.

Back