Misc Gaming related thread

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
1) PS2/GC version of Splinter Cell 2 :pT are delayed whereas XB version is on time (IGN.com).....I wonder how much MS is responsible for this... :)

2) Anyone knows whether Maximo:Army of Zin is 2D or pre-rendered or full 3D?? If it is 3D then only I'll buy it.

Deepak said:
1) PS2/GC version of Splinter Cell 2 :pT are delayed whereas XB version is on time (IGN.com).....I wonder how much MS is responsible for this... :)

2) Anyone knows whether Maximo:Army of Zin is 2D or pre-rendered or full 3D?? If it is 3D then only I'll buy it.

Maximo is fully 3D even more so than its predecessor, I think it has a freely adjustable camera but im not sure. Either way, it's 3D.

Ooo, I like these threads.

The release date for omnimucha3 in Korea has been announced to be the same as for Japan - 26th February. It appears that the Koreans enjoy the series a lot. A helpful fan has ripped the opening movie from a promotional DVD, and posted it here

http://myhome.hitel.net/~leiwei/oni480.wmv

Get it before the swarm of internet hits bring the site down to a crawl.

The opening movie is of course CGI. Donny Yeung's(spelling?) contributions are obvious, and animation is impressive.

Hyper Street Fighter II is a lazy effort from Capcom, but that didn't stop me from importing the deluxe pack.

With all the hype being built up for Pro Race Driver 2, you'd have to assume that if Codies can get the controls right (dislike the feeling that the cars turn on an axis that goes straight through the middle of the vehicle) it's going to be quite a special game.

Rebel Strike is quite the looker.

/misc gaming mode off.

How does the new Maximo compare to the old one from a gameplay standpoint? Original Maximo was damn fun, and a great new take on old-style action. ^_^ I'm hoping the new one gets "more" without becoming "more complicated" and can keep the simple and fun action at the core, the tongue-in-cheek styling, and bring about more clever board design and enemies. Variation GOOD! ...but sometimes it can go in the wrong direction.

I am a bit ignorant about ProScan/resolution blah-blah....so can someone explain these in simple terms....? When we talk about a ProScan TV what resolution does it mean or it supports multiple resolutions? What is the smallest ProScan TV available in the market (I am planning to buy one)? 21 inches or 25?

Another....
What would be the difference (in image quality) between these scnerios....

1. A game (non-ProScan) is played on a ProScan TV and
2. A game (ProScan) is played on a normal (nonPro) TV?

Deepak said:
I am a bit ignorant about ProScan/resolution blah-blah....so can someone explain these in simple terms....? When we talk about a ProScan TV what resolution does it mean or it supports multiple resolutions? What is the smallest ProScan TV available in the market (I am planning to buy one)? 21 inches or 25?

Another....
What would be the difference (in image quality) between these scnerios....

1. A game (non-ProScan) is played on a ProScan TV and
2. A game (ProScan) is played on a normal (nonPro) TV?

I explained that to u, u forgot already!! ;)

1. Depends on the TV and on the game itself, on some it would look BAD, on some better.
2. A Pscan game will NOT work at all on a non-Pscan TV. Nothing will be visualised. That is why games today come with an option, they start interlaced and if your TV supports it, you can switch to Pscan. Not sure if the Xbox works differently, since we don't have Pscan in PAL software. If the game was outputting a Pscan signal, it would NOT work on a normal TV.

london-boy said:
I explained that to u, u forgot already!! ;)

1. Depends on the TV and on the game itself, on some it would look BAD, on some better.

:oops:

2. A Pscan game will NOT work at all on a non-Pscan TV. Nothing will be visualised. That is why games today come with an option, they start interlaced and if your TV supports it, you can switch to Pscan. Not sure if the Xbox works differently, since we don't have Pscan in PAL software. If the game was outputting a Pscan signal, it would NOT work on a normal TV.

What? ProScan does not work with PAL TVs? Why? Does it work only with NTSC? We also (in India) follow PAL so does that mean.....?

Deepak said:
What? ProScan does not work with PAL TVs? Why? Does it work only with NTSC? We also (in India) follow PAL so does that mean.....?

NONONO!!!

Right, what i said is that Pscan signals will not work on TVs (be it PAL or NTSC) that do not support Pscan. It would be like trying to connect your PC to your TV directly without converting the signal to an interlaced one.

london-boy said:
Deepak said:

NONONO!!!

Right, what i said is that Pscan signals will not work on TVs (be it PAL or NTSC) that do not support Pscan. It would be like trying to connect your PC to your TV directly without converting the signal to an interlaced one.

Again :oops: .....I misread this from your previous post....

"since we don't have Pscan in PAL software"

passerby said:
Sony launched the EyeToy in Japan with a really big bang. Hey it may be just Japan, but the presence of very cute and sweet girls warrants a post. :oops:

The Big Event: http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040210/scej.htm

:LOL: In the UK (where it came out first, even before the rest of Europe) the advertising campaign had a very funny old grannie playing with it, hilarious... I guess they wanted to show that even a grannie could play such games... And it surely worked...

Katamari Damashii: 2004's weirdest game

Namco strangeness continues apace with giant sticky ball sim. See it in action now
Preview and movies are here.

It's sooooo weird, but it looks kinda fun too

Misc gaming news...from the-magicbox.com

1."Tecmo announced a worldwide delay of their Xbox action title Ninja Gaiden, the game has been delayed from Feb 26 to March 11 in Japan; the US release date has also pushed back to March 2"

2."Several Japanese game producers were surveyed by game magazine regarding to their impression to the Nintendo DS.

3."In a press event held in Bend, Oregon, Sony revealed that Syphon Filter: Omega Strain is the final chapter in the story line of the Syphon Filter series. However, there will be new Syphon Filter games in the future, which begins with a brand new story line."

4."GamesIndustry.biz reported that Electronic Arts will unveil a new James Bond GoldenEye title at E3 this May, which is the sequel to the best selling N64 first person shooter GoldenEye. The game is being developed at the EA Studios in Redwood Shores and L.A."

ChryZ said:
Katamari Damashii: 2004's weirdest game

Namco strangeness continues apace with giant sticky ball sim. See it in action now
Preview and movies are &lt;a href="http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/downloads/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&amp;articleid=28518&amp;subsectionid=1625">here</a>.

It's sooooo weird, but it looks kinda fun too

The followings were what I posted to GA forum.

I have the trial version of Katamari Damashii (on Dengeki PS2), I have only played the first mission.

You start out with a ball that you have to roll over the area collecting (sticking everything, even cats and dogs) things to make it a specific size in a specific time.

The first mission in the demo was to grow to 1.5M or more within 5 minutes.

The game mainly use the 2 analog sticks, L1 for first person view.

Back