Middle Generation Console Upgrade Discussion [Scorpio, 4Pro]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Scrotumpio's case will get saggy when it needs to dissipate excess heat?

This question should be pointed towards little man, he hasn't been here in awhile. I here he has a nice boat now... lots of room for Scrotumpio's to dissipate heat. He's probably busy with Neo though, he gets around alot from what I here...

Interestingly, if we assume Neo and Scorpio leaked numbers are correct, the GPU flops ratio between XB1 and PS4 (~1.41) would be roughly the same than the ratio between Neo and Scorpio (~1.43)

The roles would just be reversed. :LOL:

Interestingly, if we assume Neo and Scorpio leaked numbers are correct, the GPU flops ratio between XB1 and PS4 (~1.41) would be roughly the same than the ratio between Neo and Scorpio (~1.43)

The roles would just be reversed. :LOL:
yup and I don't think that is a coincidence either..

OK so after the flood of info the other day I hadn't got around to reading the Polygon article but they are saying that the Microsoft is planning on announcing the Scorpio like within the next month...the same time as the slim... either at an event just before E3 or at E3.

wow..

if Scorpo is announced before Neo and is significantly more powerful, Neo's announcement will be a bit of a damp squib, seemingly a half-hearted 'me too' gesture.

if Scorpo is announced before Neo and is significantly more powerful, Neo's announcement will be a bit of a damp squib, seemingly a half-hearted 'me too' gesture.

Yeah well according to the Polygon article the possibility of a neo announcement/release this fall is the reason why Microsoft is thinking about announcing Scorpio within the next month.

While I can see the reason why Microsoft would want to get out in front of neo the downside of doing this is trying to trying to announce a new product 1.5 years before it's actual release...how many concrete details could Microsoft even release this far in advance?

I almost think controlled leaks would be a better strategy...

Yeah well according to the Polygon article the possibility of a neo announcement/release this fall is the reason why Microsoft is thinking about announcing Scorpio within the next month.

While I can see the reason why Microsoft would want to get out in front of neo the downside of doing this is trying to trying to announce a new product 1.5 years before it's actual release...how many concrete details could Microsoft even release this far in advance?

I almost think controlled leaks would be a better strategy...
I've not read the polygon one yet, but I thought the consensus was it was to be released next year?

I think the consensus is late 2017
yea, the day and age we live in they can do a 'controlled' leak, and don't have to officially announce it until within a year of release.
we already know a fair bit about neo and rough time frames and they've not even mentioned it yet.

yea, the day and age we live in they can do a 'controlled' leak, and don't have to officially announce it until within a year of release.
we already know a fair bit about neo and rough time frames and they've not even mentioned it yet.

Yeah they could do controlled leaks up until this time next year and then announce it like they normally would (ie May announcement November release). However I could see the concern being that leaks on the web are only really followed by gaming/tech enthusiasts and not the broad market..so the leaks may not percolate heavily out into the mainstream news and eventually get to the average person like a formal announcement would.

I bet if you asked the average person about a PS4.5 or PS4K or even just a new PS4 you'd be surprised how many people would not have heard about it. And that's after several months of popular internet rumors.

Formal announcements bring mainstream press which is an entire different level of exposure.

Interestingly, if we assume Neo and Scorpio leaked numbers are correct, the GPU flops ratio between XB1 and PS4 (~1.41) would be roughly the same than the ratio between Neo and Scorpio (~1.43). The roles would just be reversed. :LOL:

Please God let this happen, please God let this happen, please God let this happen.

Just for LoLz :yes:

Unless, Neo has a path on upgradable hardware similar to a PC (of course in proprietary form), but in a much easier package. Announce/launch Neo this year, then release the upgrades later next year. Then Sony still has the ball in their court on being out first, and still being competitive hardware wise later next year. Unless Sony goes all Trinity with an all new platform...

Kinda surprised Microsoft would even release a slim version at this point...
If all the work is already done, why wouldn't they?

The question is if Scorpio is real or a rumor necessary to deflect questions during the slim launch (they can officially no comment the rumor) and as a general response to Neo.

Shrunk XB1 == cheaper == budget sales, and growing XB brand to sell on more powerful consoles and furthering ecosystems.

I don't think much is going to change Xbox One sales at this point and the install base is only around 20 million now....and then when you add the fact that a new significantly more powerful console around the corner...

Also the fact is is that Xbox One games will continued to be developed on Xbox sdk as opposed to uwp where everything seems to be headed doesn't lead me to believe that it is very "future proof". The only thing it really has going for it my mind is BC.

If PS4 doesn't get a price cut and XB1 does, it could definitely help XB1 sales. And as MS have no idea what Sony's plans are, they need to carry on with best priactice for their platform.

I wonder...The rumored released date is for end of 2017, is it possible that Scorpio would be a direct reaction to the previous Neo leak?

30 march 2016 to December 2017 would be ~21 months. Is it possible to plan the release of a whole new console in such a short time? Particularly if you use an AMD supercharged known architecture...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back