Killzone 2 pre-release discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a cut a picture of more than 2550 x 1600, possibly a cinematic, not in game for you . Neither the details of the model of the wallpaper is the same as in the image at 720p.

so here's a question for the techies here, do you see any sign of "contact shadows" or "realtime AO" being implemented in the new footages? do you think these effects can cause noticeable or prominent improvements?

Kinda hard to tell, camera's pretty low and you don't really see objects close to each other. There may be something going on but we need more screenshots to be sure.

so here's a question for the techies here, do you see any sign of "contact shadows"
There are contact shadows around all the terrain blocks, a marked improvement for FPSes where often cover isn't composed into the scene. Dunno how much is realtime though. Realtime AO would show itself in moving objects/lights, and none of the shown content is suitable to showcase that if its in.

which of these features have they implemented ?:

-Ambient occlusion / contact shadows

-Shadows on transparent geometry.

-More efficient anti-aliasing

-Dynamic radiosity.

I supposse the most obvious one is the improvement in anti-aliasing.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys for sharing your knowledges on that, dont know if 9months of time would be any sufficient for those additional techs, i have no idea how dynamic radiosity would look in the game, it does sound alot like AO to me.

Ya patsu, I totally agree that tech should be used in respect to your game setting... but I couldn't help but think how much more interesting that warehouse shootout would've been if those shelves and box covers actually had interactive objects during the shootout. I'm not talking like Stranglehold style either... just something that moves. That whole room felt very last gen and very wow at the same time... super confusing

Looks like we don't have to worry. Besides "real" furnitures, the warehouse level also stock gas canisters :)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34160.html

Assuming that Killzone 2 could run at the same resolution as Crysis or that Crysis ran at the same resolution as Killzone 2 which one would look better?

That should be the question, but I think it is pretty much unanswered

Assuming that Killzone 2 could run at the same resolution as Crysis or that Crysis ran at the same resolution as Killzone 2 which one would look better?

That should be the question.
No, the question is why are people talking about Crysis in a KZ2 thread on the console games forum? And it's a rhetorical question.

That pause between loading segments of the game is still present. Didn't someone in an interview mention that it won't be there in the real game? I hope that's still the plan.

Animations seem fairly natural, but the transitions between them are definitely not. Mouth/lipsync isn't animated for some dialogue either, so it seems they're not using a procedural/automated system to handle it? Both of these can be seen in the second gameplay video as the npc is giving the player a boost to a higher platform.

Lastly, in Gamersyde's cam video it seems like one of the ragdolls goes crazy and flies toward the player starting at 5:21. Probably just a quirk but it's kinda funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back