Killzone 2 pre-release discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks really nice. Depth of field looks like it's implemented really well.

Not sure I'm sold on the gameplay. Looks pretty straight-forward and COD4 has significantly raised the bar in terms of intensity. Hopefully that was just a really easy setting so you could see everything going on and things are much more frantic and fast paced if you set the difficulty higher.

I believe there was a video the first time around KZ2 where the devs specifically stated 720P at 30 FPS. The one where the screen says deferred rendering on it.

They can get this game at 720P looking great, but many other recent games that look far worse are not 720P..

Is there a first party PS3 game that render under 720p....? I don't think there is....so I wouldn't expect any future titles to do.....

the game looks amazing.......

I can't wait to see daytime footage..... or at least I hope there will be some daytime scenarios in the game.......

Not sure I'm sold on the gameplay. Looks pretty straight-forward and COD4 has significantly raised the bar in terms of intensity. Hopefully that was just a really easy setting so you could see everything going on and things are much more frantic and fast paced if you set the difficulty higher.
I believe so, plus the play-style was limited. A one point, in one vid, the player takes cover, but normally you just see them wandering around as they ask questions. So these vids should only be seen as graphical showcase, not gameplay showcases, as is the norm in such cases. It's not uncommon for easy settings and god modes to be enabled to showcase titles.

Is there a first party PS3 game that render under 720p....? I don't think there is....so I wouldn't expect any future titles to do.....

the game looks amazing.......

I can't wait to see daytime footage..... or at least I hope there will be some daytime scenarios in the game.......

I thinking that Lair runs at a sub 720p resolution, though I believe it is the only one.

First of all, this is not COD, the gameplay is Killzone style, though a little faster than the original Killzone.I love COD's intense battles too, but I buy COD for that. When I want Killzone's mood, atmosphere and the slightly sci-fi military feel, I play Killzone.

I don't get it why you want COD's gameplay in KIllzone, when u already have COD4.Maybe you want COD 5 not KZ.
See, after playing MGS 3 every game feels shallow to me, but I don't want every game to be like MGS !!!:neutral:

I think it has just become a fashion to pity KZ's gameplay.

What happened to the shadows for local lights, like from muzzle flash? I hope they didn't cut that out, as it was one of the best features of KZ2 (and of deferred rendering in general).

What can I say?! The game looks stunning! The more colourfull aproach is a wellcome addition, and the gameplay looks interesting enough for an alpha.
I'd really like to see some HD videos of it, but up till now, it looks like the most visually impressive game I've seen!

Oh my God that trailer totally has the E305 vibe! They even brought back the environment from the CGI trailer. Amazing how awesome it looks. The flow of the war is untouchable. Everything seems to move and react so smooth. Other games look more "robotic" and "mechanical". This one is real war!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back