Final Fantasy XIII announced for PS3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely disreagarded the FFXIII trailer, since I thought it was just another Square CGi movie.

But, there's actually real Time sequences in there? Impressive, I must say.

Since it's been confirmed those forest scenes were very much real-time this is the only game that will make me buy a PS3 at the moment.

Is the release date (Japanese version) 2007 or 2008?

Anyone notice the lack of party in the "realtime" battle scenes? Even the big boss face-off didn't have anyone other than the single lone heroine. I hope this isn't a change in style for the series...

i see you are from london, expect a late 2008 begin 2009 PAL release

oh wait, there is no such thing as region lock anymore or is there?

hey69 said:
i see you are from london, expect a late 2008 begin 2009 PAL release

oh wait, there is no such thing as region lock anymore or is there?

It is the up to the developer to decide on region locking.

Bad_Boy said:
Do you guys still want to argue real time or not? Specifically you Laa-Yosh?

He's already agreed it's realtime.

It just looks so good in motion, every little thing is so fluid..it's easy to see why people were sceptical. I was.

Titanio said:
He's already agreed it's realtime.

It just looks so good in motion, every little thing is so fluid..it's easy to see why people were sceptical. I was.
Ah then sorry, missed the last page. I guess I just felt I was the only one not sceptical.

Divine. Wonder when this will be coming out...

Anyway, I didn't think there was any way they were actively and purposedly trying to deceive anyone with regard to realtime/CGI... (don't recall them ever trying to in the past...)

They've just again shown why they're one of, if not the, best in the industry.

Serenity Painted Death said:
Divine. Wonder when this will be coming out...
I hope not too soon, so that PS3 price can drop a bit until then :???:

Anyway, I have to agree with the other comments: This game sold me the PS3. (In fact, this game and MS not announcing anything interesting again)

PARANOiA said:
Anyone notice the lack of party in the "realtime" battle scenes? Even the big boss face-off didn't have anyone other than the single lone heroine. I hope this isn't a change in style for the series...

I've been wondering about this myself... while it could be interesting, if they want to go this way, it should have been saved for a different games... I DO NOT WANT a single character FF game... meh. It could be fun, but it wouldn't feel right.

(although I'm sure there would be OTHER characters at some point, though perhaps still not simultaneously... at any rate, please no...)

Last edited by a moderator:
PeterT said:
I hope not too soon, so that PS3 price can drop a bit until then :???:

Anyway, I have to agree with the other comments: This game sold me the PS3. (In fact, this game and MS not announcing anything interesting again)

Hey! They announced about 15 futuristic shooters!

Oh, nevermind, point granted.

Looks incredible.

I kind of dismissed it at first because I just assumed it was all CGI but now that it's been confirmed realtime it's just amazing.

I can't believe we're already seeing CGI level graphics so early in this generation...

joebloggs said:
Looks incredible.

I kind of dismissed it at first because I just assumed it was all CGI but now that it's been confirmed realtime it's just amazing.

I can't believe we're already seeing CGI level graphics so early in this generation...

I've seen people speculate that this game will come out in 2007. And I really hope that is the truth. The PS3 is doing things people thought weren't possible. And I contribute that completely to the developers.

Ballmer said it best. Developers, Developers, Developers!!!

From GAF...

Word Mark FINAL FANTASY HAERESIS XIII

Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; video game software; sound recordings in the form of optical discs, magnetic discs and/or semiconductor ROMs featuring music and/or fictional stories; audio visual recordings in the form of optical discs, magnetic discs and/or semiconductor ROMs featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; prerecorded compact discs featuring music; prerecorded video discs featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; prerecorded video cassettes featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; decorative magnets; mouse pads; straps for cellular phones; sunglasses; blank memory cards; memory card cases; CD cases; video game controllers; downloadable computer graphic software containing wallpapers for computers and/or mobile phones; downloadable screensavers for computers and/or mobile phones; downloadable video recordings featuring cartoon characters and/or video game characters; downloadable musical sound recordings; downloadable sound recordings using human voices featuring morning calls and/or wake-up call messages; downloadable ring tones for mobile phones; downloadable electronic publications in the nature of magazines, journals and/or newsletters in the field of computer games, video games, cartoons and/or general entertainment
IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: Computer game strategy guidebooks; video game strategy guidebooks; a series of books featuring fictional stories and/or fantasy stories; graphic art books; song books; musical score books; comic books; magazines featuring computer games, video games, cartoons and/or general entertainment; posters; stickers; paper banners; calendars; post cards; pens; pencils; pencil caps; pen cases; drawing rulers; rubber stamps; notebooks; collectors' cards; trading cards; photographs; photograph stands

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Dolls; toy figures; plush toys; stuffed toys; inflatable toys; toy vehicles; toy guns; toy swords; playing cards; card games; board games; jigsaw puzzles; hand held video game units

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Providing on-line computer games and/or on-line video games; providing information on computer game strategies and/or video game strategies via computer networks and/or global communication networks; providing information on entertainment in the field of computer games, video games, card games, animated cartoons, comics, novels and/or magazines; providing on-line non-downloadable comics; providing on-line non-downloadable magazines in the field of computer games, video games, cartoons and/or general entertainment

Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code 26.17.13 - Letters or words underlined and/or overlined by one or more strokes or lines; Overlined words or letters; Underlined words or letters
Serial Number 78873711
Filing Date May 1, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B;44E
Original Filing Basis 1B;44E
Owner (APPLICANT) Kabushiki Kaisha Square Enix (also trading as Square Enix Co., Ltd.) CORPORATION JAPAN 3-22-7 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku Tokyo JAPAN
Attorney of Record Mark I. Peroff
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Will it ever end? Are there any teams left to develop this? :LOL:

HAERESIS = "heresy"

I'm not really sure what to make of this, other than they obviously bothered to register the name, and they haven't yet shown it at E3.

The beginning of the FFXIII trailer, the fight inside the train, reminded me of Bouncer for PS2 in it's art style. There might be same artists involved, with Bouncer being a Square game.

rabidrabbit said:
The beginning of the FFXIII trailer, the fight inside the train, reminded me of Bouncer for PS2 in it's art style. There might be same artists involved, with Bouncer being a Square game.

The offline CG is being done by the team that did FF7:AC. There aren't many "The Bouncer" team members there, IIRC.

Also, I just realized it's been a very looong time since S-E did their rendering inhouse. After the Spirts within disaster they've had to farm out most of it. Wonder what this means, economically for S-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back