Final Fantasy XIII - Heading to PC

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Need 2 Know, Jul 23, 2008.

1. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran Subscriber

I have a voucher for greenmangaming that adds another 25% discount to the already 10% discount for the pre-ordering of Final Fantasy XIII-2 coming out next December 11.
    They sent it to me through the newsletter that I subscribe so I don't think it's illegal to share it.

Anyways, the price for the game with both discounts is 10€, and the news of the updated resolution and graphics settings made me optimistic, so I'm tempted to buy it. Anyone willing to buy the game just send me a PM for the voucher. Or maybe just look for it in the internets.

2. COPS N RAPPERS

Regular

Resolution fix is out today and it supports custom resolutions, multisampling and shadow resolutions.
    [​IMG]

3. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Pics or it didn't render.

4. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Game supports CUSTOM RESOLUTIONS!!!

5. COPS N RAPPERS

Regular

The game boots up at the maximum supported resolution of your configuration.The only particular issue i'm running into is finding a website that supports images above 1920x1080 and also preserves original IQ.

Here's some 3200x1800 images using 4xaa with 8k shadows.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. COPS N RAPPERS

Regular

here's a bunch more FFXIII screens.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is out today and it too comes with the same graphics options.

7. suryad

Veteran

So is this game worth spending the bucks for?

8. DJ12

Veteran

If you haven't already played it and you like the genre then yes, it's not bad.

Probably going to be on offer in the steam sale so wait it out if you are interested.

9. PenguinJim

Newcomer

XIII released a couple of months ago, XIII-2 came out weeks ago, and XIII-3 will come out in a few more weeks. The three together will be released as a trilogy pack on Steam, too.

I'm waiting for the trilogy pack, personally, as I think we'll see it at 50% off soon after release.

Thanks to COPS N RAPPERS I'm really quite looking forward to it now. It's been years since I played through XIII on 360, and I'm looking forward to having my 970 chew through it. :) The storyline and characters were a bit pap, but once the battle system clicked for me and the world opened up it turned into a good game.

I liked XIII-2 too, but not enough to complete, and I liked the idea of XIII-3, but hadn't got around to getting it on console yet, so I should yum up the whole trilogy in 2015. :)

10. lanek

Veteran

@COPS N RAPPERS

If it is not allready done, try force the Anistrope Filtering by the driver.. look like they dont apply any AF in the game. ( better result ).

Some old downsampled screenshoots ( 4K > 1440p )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#110 lanek, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  11. PenguinJim

Newcomer

I'm still mystified as to why this wasn't released on PC years ago. They had XIII running on PCs before the console launch!

12. COPS N RAPPERS

Regular

Looks great. Yeah I noticed some time ago i had to force AF. I completed FFXIII a couple days ago, I was forcing 16x AF through my control panel throughout my experience. A little surprised to not see this as an option but it's easy to overcome.

They weren't too sold on PC's marketing abilities. PC gaming wasn't the same as it is today. I wonder if their opinions of releasing FFXV and type-0 on steam have changed now.

13. suryad

Veteran

I guess I will wait for the trilogy then. Got a lot of games to finish right now so waiting won't be a problem!