Final Fantasy XIII And Dragon Quest IX For Xbox 360 And PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Yoichi Wada / Square-Enix state a few weeks ago they are not interested in multiplatform games as the cost to them would be too high to make it feasable? I could swear we had a thread about it in this very forum...

Besides, as long as Microsoft can't sell beyond the few hundred it sells with the current Xbox in Japan - don't even think about it. RPGs sell for the most part in Japan and a success in this region would be very important if they'd take such an untertaking and possibly piss-off Sony at the same time.

crystalcube said:
maybe that is also right time for them to see how the PS3 is recieved at launch time assuming that PS3 is launched by then.
Though I suspect there'll be very short time between the PS3 launch and E3 2006, it can also be interpreted as a pressure on SCE to make them price PS3 as inexpensive as possible.

BTW, new FF/DQ can be MMORPG just like FF11.

Phil said:
Didn't Yoichi Wada / Square-Enix state a few weeks ago they are not interested in multiplatform games as the cost to them would be too high to make it feasable? I could swear we had a thread about it in this very forum...

Besides, as long as Microsoft can't sell beyond the few hundred it sells with the current Xbox in Japan - don't even think about it. RPGs sell for the most part in Japan and a success in this region would be very important if they'd take such an untertaking and possibly piss-off Sony at the same time.

X360 will definately sell more than "the few hundreds Xbox sells now" (is it even "few hundreds" these days? I thought it was "few tens"...).
But i can't help but feel that the launch line-up is sorely lacking japanese games. Most the launch games are american games targetting american gamers. Then there's DOA which has never been a huge game in Japan or anywhere else.

MS needs RR at launch and a few other well known japanese franchises if they want to do well in Japan.

london-boy said:
X360 will definately sell more than "the few hundreds Xbox sells now"

That's exactly my point. No success in Japan, IMO no hope for big Japanese RPGs. I'm sure it will sell more than a few hundreds (even Xbox managed that at the beginning) - the question however is how much more? I doubt it'll be anywhere near close to what PS2 is selling or GameCube.

Phil said:
That's exactly my point. No success in Japan, IMO no hope for big Japanese RPGs. I'm sure it will sell more than a few hundreds (even Xbox managed that at the beginning) - the question however is how much more? I doubt it'll be anywhere near close to what PS2 is selling or GameCube.

Obviously not, and as i said, with no Japanese games whatsoever at launch, i'm not sure how much they can sell. But it really seems MS just don't care that much about Japan, if they did, they would have balanced a bit better between American and Japanese games for launch. As it stands, there are NO japanese launch games - still not sure if RR6 is a launch game or not. DOA4 doesn't look to be a launch game either for some reason...

What I find funny is that these "Square jumping ship with Microsoft" stories emerged when xbox launched, amidst all that launch hype, now these rumours are again surfacing as xbox360 launches :) Will we be hearing this again with xbox69?

london-boy said:
Obviously not, and as i said, with no Japanese games whatsoever at launch, i'm not sure how much they can sell. But it really seems MS just don't care that much about Japan,......QUOTE]
excuse me but am i missing something.........from what i know at tgs ms announced that there are 100+ japanese games in development for xbox 360(sony announced 108 games if i remember corretly), they secured important exclusives from japan's biggest names(mistwalker,q entertainment,games republic projects plus there are still announced exclusives from likes of konami), they worked on the design of xbox 360 in a way that japanese can appreciate it, they opened up a a cool chic store in one of tokio's hottest districts, they are bundling beta version of ffxi with xbox 360, and they promised that there are going to be japanese spesific content during launch window(like enchant arm and 99 nights), square-enix says next inmstallment of ff might come to 360....i mean is there anything more ms can do??? yes they are not japanese and yes they dont' have many of advantages that sony and nintendo has but come on, at least give them some credit.

rabidrabbit said:
What I find funny is that these "Square jumping ship with Microsoft" stories emerged when xbox launched, amidst all that launch hype, now these rumours are again surfacing as xbox360 launches :) Will we be hearing this again with xbox69?

err square is on board with ff online and projects not announced.

So i don't really find whats funny.

It may not be a complete abandoning of sony but it is support from square that didn't exist with the xbox

I dont get why people want PS3 games so badly on the 360.
It's like the 360 games people are most excited for are PS3 staples.
Just get a PS3.

london-boy said:
Obviously not, and as i said, with no Japanese games whatsoever at launch, i'm not sure how much they can sell. But it really seems MS just don't care that much about Japan, if they did, they would have balanced a bit better between American and Japanese games for launch.

I don't know how you can say that and keep a straight face, really. Ok, so there's not much at launch, you have a point there. But do you completely ignore what's coming down the tubes?

They've got many japanese games coming, and many of them look excellent, they've thrown cash at Sakaguchi and let him create Mistwalker studios, they've made exclusive deals with Q Entertainment, have good support from Capcom, Namco, Konami and many other japanese dev houses, and have been promised SE support at last years E3. Did I mention they also get the premium pack at $350 USD?

They don't care about Japan eh?

seismologist - It's simple, the more franchises come to X360 the longer we can hold off on buying a PS3...as far as I'm concerned GTA and FF come to X360 and I won't be buyin a PS3 for a long...long time, unless some amazing new IP comes out (*cough* heavenly sword *cough*)

Last edited by a moderator:
Beyond3D is no rumormill, if you don't have good sources/reasons to believe a rumor to be true, just don't post it.
And stay on topic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back