Final Fantasy XIII announced for PS3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanio

Legend
!!

FANTASY XIII. FINAL FANTASY XIII. They pulled a serious bait-and-switch on us. Sword-and-gun-wielding heroine who looks like Yuna, flipping her way around a high-tech, futuristic world. No idea what it was until the end when that NAME popped up. Yoshinori Kitase directing! This is the guy behind all the best ones--VI, VIII, VIII, X. Be still my heart.

Sorry, I jumped the gun--Mr. Kitase was merely presenting. Motomu Toriyama will direct the game. And apparently FFXIII isn't the only game coming out of this universe--there's a, uh, mobile game too. Oh.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149412.html

http://gemaga.sbcr.jp/
114712255101.jpg

114712313800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FANTASTIC!

What has Toriyama done before?

Nevermind, just found out he was one of FFX and FFX-2's directors.

Final Fantasy XIII announced for PS3

Final Fantasy XIII announced for PS3. Looks amazing, in-game footage shown.

2:02 Final announcement! For PS3! E3 is so damn exciting sometimes. What is it?!

FINAL FANTASY XIII. FINAL FANTASY XIII. They pulled a serious bait-and-switch on us. Sword-and-gun-wielding heroine who looks like Yuna, flipping her way around a high-tech, futuristic world. No idea what it was until the end when that NAME popped up. Yoshinori Kitase directing! This is the guy behind all the best ones--VI, VIII, VIII, X. Be still my heart.

2:08 Sorry, I jumped the gun--Mr. Kitase was merely presenting. Motomu Toriyama will direct the game. And apparently FFXIII isn't the only game coming out of this universe--there's a, uh, mobile game too. Oh.

Damn, need pics! :D

Fredi

Looks amazing. Female main character. Looked like prerendered video, except it was realtime. Dramatic actionpacked battles with crazy camerawork.
Need Screens, Video, anything....come on!

Photo_050806_004-122896.jpg

The only one I've seen so far... not much, really.

Looks amazing. Female main character. Looked like prerendered video, except it was realtime. Dramatic actionpacked battles with crazy camerawork.

Producer Yoshinori Kitase
Director Motomu Toriyama

2.15 FF13: Fabula Nova Crystallis, a spinoff from the makers of Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts

Photo_050806_005.jpg

http://blog.wired.com/games/

OK, they've announced another PS3 game, but I'm not sure what it is? Final Fantasy Versus XIII??

Now it's Fabula Nova Crystallis--"the new tale of the crystal" in Latin. They're big on the Latin today. Whoa, wait, another new game? Another PS3 game?! Final Fantasy Versus XIII? They're emphasizing that in Latin, versus means "to change direction." This is a Tetsuya Nomura game, and he's taking the stage now.

2:17 Nomura is providing more details. The CG movie we just saw, featuring a spiky-haired character (natch) squaring off against machine gun-wielding soldiers, was created by the Advent Children team, but the game itself will be made by the Kingdom Hearts team, and will feature "extreme action elements." He says "bonding" will be the primary theme of the game

Female lead sounds like a good idea, seeing as the male leads in the latest FF games all seem like chicks anyways... =p I just hope the character doesn't end up whiney and helpless. A strong female lead could be quite a nice change from the norm of the series.

Good news, but was very much expected. Was hoping for some mention of an FFVII remake though!

This is the logo for the second XIII game:

Photo_050806_005.jpg

This, along with the mobile game, makes for 3 games from the XIII universe.

More info:

The conference draws to a close with a comment from Hashimoto that this should demonstrate Square Enix's commitment to next-generation gaming, but that it's "only the beginning." A final movie showcases the name Final Fantasy XIII, as if each new installment in this mega-enormous series is now a franchise unto itself.

Some more info on FFXIII (can't type fast enough!): The game was begun by the FFX team for PS2, but the team was then derailed to make last year's FFVIII PS3 tech demo. They were so happy with the hardware, they decided to then shift development to the new platform. Apparently the game will run on the "White Engine" and will feature the most technologically advanced civilization ever featured in a Final Fantasy. The storyline will center on "those who resist the world." Yeah, okay.

Just in case someone hasn't noticed:

Nomura is providing more details. The CG movie we just saw, featuring a spiky-haired character (natch) squaring off against machine gun-wielding soldiers, was created by the Advent Children team, but the game itself will be made by the Kingdom Hearts team, and will feature "extreme action elements." He says "bonding" will be the primary theme of the game.

I'd certainly wait with any E3 conclusions after we've seen direct feed media from everything.

mckmas8808 said:
What does that mean?

I've always expected them to better that tech demo and now after one year, final hardware, some of the best devs out there ... lets say I'm not surprised if it's better than last years FF VII demo.

Fredi

Laa-Yosh said:
Just in case someone hasn't noticed:

There were two games shown, FFXIII (apparently realtime), FF Versus XIII (apparently CG).

And of course, we know to take "looks prerendered" claims with a grain of salt ;) But I do expect great things from Square-Enix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back