[PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Instead of having a bit of everything, I prefer a game to focus on a few core mechanics. I think FFXIII-2 does it right. I also hope for a straightforward story with strong execution.

GT5 took 5 years but needed 1+ years of polish. If the team stopped adding features and focused on polishing and reducing/simplifying the existing stuff, then the game should be solid.

If they keep stacking new ideas on top of a fragile base, then it will be problematic.

Would be interesting if they tell us how those 5 years are spent. If they used a lot of time prototyping with a small team, then it may be ok since the experience can be reused in other games.

What I've been missing from FF, pretty much since FFX, is that sense of exploration in the older games. It seems that with the move to PS2, technology and cost of development got in the way and diminished that open world feeling. I think this is the core mechanic that they've been focusing on, and it's what's taken them 6 years to get right.

I agree 100% on the storytelling. I would add that they should bring back the english VA director for FFXII. His use of actors with a theatre background gave it the best voice acting in any game I've ever played.

Versus 13 cancelled? I wonder how much of the investment into this project went into engine/technical work and other reusable assets?

I doubt any of it would survive the transition to next gen, so I hope this rumour doesn't hold water. The footage was promising and Nomura seemed to indicate progress was being made. I just don't think Square can afford to can this game with nothing to tide fans over with but more FFXIII sequels for the next two years or so.

maybe its a trick.

Square already said that v13 is Ps3 exclusive. Mauybe its their trick to make the game as another title (FF 15?) and make it multiplatform PC PS3 X360.

They pretty proud that their engine is multiplatform.

maybe its a trick.

Square already said that v13 is Ps3 exclusive. Mauybe its their trick to make the game as another title (FF 15?) and make it multiplatform PC PS3 X360.

They pretty proud that their engine is multiplatform.

But what a disaster. Years of development & nothing of concrete until now; I'm so surprise Square isn't close yet. This generation it's a complete embarassment for them & for the most of the japanese developers. & they think with new hardware to change something? lol I think will get even worse for them with the next generation. Rising cost never helps. A real pity, because I ever found the japanese touch unique & magic gameplay wise.

Back