More on FF for PS3 (FFVII demo "rushed")

Titanio

Legend
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/08/news_6127146.html

However, he also suggested that he is involved as a core staff in the game’s development, stating, "As a hint, one thing I can say is that the FFVII technical PS3 demo was supervised by me, and created by Toriyama and his team staff. I'll leave it to you, but you can imagine that development [of the PS3 FF] is happening via a similar process." Motomu Toriyama was one of the directors that worked with Kitase on Final Fantasy X, and the main director for Final Fantasy X-2.

Kitase also revealed the Final Fantasy VII technical PS3 demo was actually a rush job, created in just a month and a half. “We created right before E3. I didn’t think we could do it at first, but I called Sugimoto (Koji Sugimoto, FFX’s main programmer), and we somehow made it. I believe that if we had more time, we could have made it in a higher quality. In that sense, that demo didn’t really take much advantage of the PS3’s hardware specs. But still, we were able to make something that looked that good.â€￾

When asked if there were any more Final Fantasy VII spin-offs planned in the future, Kitase laughed, commenting, “Well, we’ll have to see. There are still characters that might be alive [From the original FFVII]â€￾.

Squeenix NEEDS next-gen! Just started playing Kingdon Hearts and from the intro sequence, to suddenly hit the jaggies and shimmers of real gameplay is painful. Next-gen we'll get to see Squeenix games as intended.

Though having said that, I can't say I've enjoyed anything they've created :oops:

Motomu Toriyama was one of the directors that worked with Kitase on Final Fantasy X, and the main director for Final Fantasy X-2.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

That idiot must NOT be anywhere near the development of a new FF. X-2 was a monumental pile of sh*t and everyone involved with it must find a new profession, since they clearly suck.

Oh, and if they really took that little to come up with such a kickass technical demo, I can´t wait to see what they´ve got for the PS3 FF.

I´m still wondering if I´ll see FFXII before I get old, though. Square is killing me with that game. :(

Kolgar said:
The demo was a rush job? :p :p :p

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/617/617554/final-fantasy-ps3-20050519082737024.jpg

I sure like this screen. :)

P.S. Can someone please tell me how to link to photos so they appear in my post instead of just the link? Thanks in advance.

Click the "Img" button, then copy your image url in, then click the "Img" button once more. Like this:

final-fantasy-ps3-20050519082737024.jpg

UGh...just looking at that pic makes me want to play through FFVII again.....I miss that little blob of polygon name Cloud Strife...

:cry:

But about the Tech Demo and it being a rush job....thats just amazing. In one months time they made a game look that polished? I can't wait to see the newer generations of the Final Fantasy Series....and Cheers to them if they make a FFVII remake on the PS3, I sure as hell wouldn't mind it..thats for sure..

I want Kingdom Hearts next-gen, now! Cruising around Disney worlds with Donald and Goofy + next-gen graphics = visual and coolness overload!

Almasy said:
That idiot must NOT be anywhere near the development of a new FF. X-2 was a monumental pile of sh*t and everyone involved with it must find a new profession, since they clearly suck.
The only thing that, I think, clearly sucks in FFX-2 is the whole J-Pop/Charlie Angel stuff. They went with a "lighter" story/script in FFX-2 simply because it was a spin off.
The gameplay, especially the battle system was very good, and quite different from FFX's.

A new FF won't, at least I hope, have a J-pop craptastic script. Therefore the only problem, if there's one to be, would come the gameplay not the story. And FFX-2 gameplay, mission based aside, was alright.

Titanio said:
BlueTsunami said:
In one months time they made a game look that polished?

A demo ;) It's still impressive though.

LOL...thats correct...but even then that looks very very polished, from the pipes to the tiles on the walls of the alley...and I also noticed how her dress conforms to both her legs...very very cool :)

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Motomu Toriyama was one of the directors that worked with Kitase on Final Fantasy X, and the main director for Final Fantasy X-2.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Oh, and if they really took that little to come up with such a kickass technical demo, I can´t wait to see what they´ve got for the PS3 FF.

I´m still wondering if I´ll see FFXII before I get old, though. Square is killing me with that game.

• Thanks bro, that mae my day...MONUMENTAL..........................CTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU

Vysez said:
Almasy said:
The only thing that, I think, clearly sucks in FFX-2 is the whole J-Pop/Charlie Angel stuff. They went with a "lighter" story/script in FFX-2 simply because it was a spin off.
The gameplay, especially the battle system was very good, and quite different from FFX's.

A new FF won't, at least I hope, have a J-pop craptastic script. Therefore the only problem, if there's one to be, would come the gameplay not the story. And FFX-2 gameplay, mission based aside, was alright.

FFX-2 was ok, but character Rikku was something that I don't want to see ever again, and Yuna was also often very irritating and oh yes the character Brother...WTF!. As for XII I'm sure it will be more serious, but also the main character looks like metrosexual freak.

I wish they go back to similar fighting system that FFX has, that costume thing in X-2 sucked, it was fine for 3 characters, but I like that characters have their strict roles, one is magician, one is figter etc.

BlueTsunami said:
But about the Tech Demo and it being a rush job....thats just amazing. In one months time they made a game look that polished?

I thought they just took assets from FF7 and made it render in real-time...

The battle system was alright, the only good thing in it. I agree the whole Charlies Angel thing was kinda stupid and the story wasn't all that interesting either.

FFXII is overdue, but its no surprise seeing how great Square is with release dates these days :rolleyes:

Alstrong said:
BlueTsunami said:
But about the Tech Demo and it being a rush job....thats just amazing. In one months time they made a game look that polished?

I thought they just took assets from FF7 and made it render in real-time...

what do you mean by "assets", because the original demo and the new looks very different, same things happen, but the style is different.

Maybe they could make FF VII-2. Yuffie and Tifa could dress up in (even more) skimpy outfits, fly around in an airship getting into all sorts of campy adventures, play tons of frustrating minigames, and try to find a way to bring Aeris back to life. It would all be set to horrible synth jazz/pop music. Brilliant!

Dr Evil said:
what do you mean by "assets", because the original demo and the new looks very different, same things happen, but the style is different.

for the CG movie I mean, but I didn't really recall the quality of the video back then, hence "I thought it was just" etc etc.

Thanks Tacit, for the link.

Back