Final Fantasy XIII And Dragon Quest IX For Xbox 360 And PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardknock

Veteran
http://charge.biz.yahoo.co.jp/vip/news/rtr/051115/051115_mbiz2651095.html

http://www.gamefront.de/ is quoting from the above article saying:

Originally Posted by Gamefront:
Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest IX perhaps for Xbox 360 and PS3.

15.11.05 - Yoichi Wada, president of Square Enix, said in an interview with Yahoo/Reuters there is the possibility to offer the games Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest IX for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The last episodes of the games were bound always to only one hardware. Only the on-line RPG Final Fantasy XI was developed for several platforms (PC, PS2, Xbox 360).

Apparantly this is the first time Wada has mention Xbox 360 specifically. Although some people may have problems with this. I think it's better this way. More people will be able to enjoy Squares games, which can only be a good thing :p

Perhaps?

If MS can snatch Square and other japanese developers, that would be the beginning of their goldmine in the console business.

Dragon Quest 7 (and 8) for PS2 sold millions upon millions of copies only in Japan, and together with many other japanese games, was the reason why PS2 did so well in Japan.

If MS can "get in there", then they're on a winner.

Obviously there is a possibility for them to appear even on the Phantom II, in case the PS3, Revolution and xbox360 all flop and the next Phantom will be the no.1 console late next gen ;)
The company heads are bound to reply with these general diplomatic answers when asked such questions, it would be fool for them to say"absolutely there will be no FFXIII or FDQIX for that Microsoft console!" especially as I doubt they've much even started work on said games.
Serioulsy, if xbox360 is successful enough, I don't see why wouldn't they port their games to yet another platform. More money for them. But it's just that we've heard about these Final Fantasy exclusives and multiplatforms (ok, FFXI is one) for so long since the first xbox it's not funny...

Last edited by a moderator:
As mentioned in my late thread (sorry!), he's apparently said they'll announce a decision of whether it'll be one platform or two at E3 2006.

I think they really are hoping X360 comes through as a viable option for them in Japan, in order to offset costs. But they aren't particularly giving it a lot of time to prove itself, so to speak.

Titanio said:
As mentioned in my late thread (sorry!), he's apparently said they'll announce a decision of whether it'll be one platform or two at E3 2006.

I think they really are hoping X360 comes through as a viable option for them in Japan, in order to offset costs. But they aren't particularly giving it a lot of time to prove itself, so to speak.

I might be in conspiracy theory mode, but I'm starting to think they want to look "interested" but aren't really. Almost if they've made their decision and are just trying to look "open about it". I mean, 6 months is hardly enough time to judge the X360 performance. Funny enough, 6 months is more or less the time it will take PS3 to come out, at which point all eyes will be on PS3 (and would have been for weeks already), so X360 performance is bound to slow down.

Don't know, it almost feels like they've made their decision and are just trying to look interested, should anything go wrong with Sony (see: delays).

london-boy said:
Perhaps?

If MS can snatch Square and other japanese developers, that would be the beginning of their goldmine in the console business.

Dragon Quest 7 (and 8) for PS2 sold millions upon millions of copies only in Japan, and together with many other japanese games, was the reason why PS2 did so well in Japan.

If MS can "get in there", then they're on a winner.
the newest one is over 4 million in japan , well that is what the poster says in the store haha

CONSPIRACY THEORY: Square is going to throw a Konami/Namco move - seemingly giving another consoles their playstation exclusives (Metal Gear Solid 2/Soul Calibur 2) but taking it back on new iteration.

jvd said:
the newest one is over 4 million in japan , well that is what the poster says in the store haha

Yep i thought so. 4 million in japan only is up there with the best. Not many games can claim that.

london-boy said:
I might be in conspiracy theory mode, but I'm starting to think they want to look "interested" but aren't really. Almost if they've made their decision and are just trying to look "open about it". I mean, 6 months is hardly enough time to judge the X360 performance. Funny enough, 6 months is more or less the time it will take PS3 to come out, at which point all eyes will be on PS3 (and would have been for weeks already), so X360 performance is bound to slow down.

Don't know, it almost feels like they've made their decision and are just trying to look interested, should anything go wrong with Sony (see: delays).

Well they would have had final dev kits for what 9months at that point .

THey will most likely see how powerfull it is and what htey would be capable of making on the xbox 360 and by then have thier final decision

TekkenMaster said:
CONSPIRACY THEORY: Square is going to throw a Konami/Namco move - seemingly giving another consoles their playstation exclusives (Metal Gear Solid 2/Soul Calibur 2) but taking it back on new iteration.

:LOL: Yeah i still have to get my head round the multiplatform-MGS2 but not MGS3 thing, and the multiplatform-SC2 but not SC3 thing... Go figure...

Titanio said:

Seems so. According to the update article
http://charge.biz.yahoo.co.jp/vip/news/rtr/051115/051115_mbiz2651149.html
aside from the talk about the $500 million CB with stock option SE issued in the last week,
As for the new titles in the popular DQ and FF series, Wada said they'd decide their policy on the subject, before the E3 of the next year, whether they'd release them on both PS3 and Xbox 360, or on one console.
Apparently this means their decision depends almost solely on how much Xbox 360 can sell in this quarter in 3 regions.

jvd said:
Well they would have had final dev kits for what 9months at that point .

THey will most likely see how powerfull it is and what htey would be capable of making on the xbox 360 and by then have thier final decision

That's my point. It's clear they can make games on X360 that are more or less on the same level of PS3 games. They know it, we know it. 9 months with the devkit would only make them more familiar with the architecture. That's why i said that it feels they've already made a decision.

london-boy said:

It's also possible they're opening up a bidding process, to end at E3 2006 :p

Apparently Sony and Square cut deals last time around, so it's quite possible negotiation is happening now. I think it's probably a question of whether Sony wants to pony up for exclusivity, the alternative being these games on both systems.

london-boy said:
That's my point. It's clear they can make games on X360 that are more or less on the same level of PS3 games. They know it, we know it. 9 months with the devkit would only make them more familiar with the architecture. That's why i said that it feels they've already made a decision.

it can go either way though , they may already be working on the xbox 360 version .

Square-enix is a important player , i'm sure microsoft is working very hard to get them to put thier biggest games on the xbox 360.

Its a source of rpgs to great for them not to go all out trying to get them .

Maybe the MGS2 and SC2 just didn't sell enough on xbox for them to think the 3's would have made much sense to convert.
As sales for xbox games compared to other xbox games they might have done okish, but compared to sales of PS2 versions I think they weren't that profitale, the GC version of SC2 even moreso.

I guess wel will see. Personally I hope not because if it's all multiplatform there isn't much to choose anymore now is there. Unless there is a big performance gap ofcourse.

3roxor said:
I guess wel will see. Personally I hope not because if it's all multiplatform there isn't much to choose anymore now is there. Unless there is a big performance gap ofcourse.
well sony can allways offer choice through 1st party developement .

That is mostly what ms is doing now .

rabidrabbit said:
Maybe the MGS2 and SC2 just didn't sell enough on xbox for them to think the 3's would have made much sense to convert.
As sales for xbox games compared to other xbox games they might have done okish, but compared to sales of PS2 versions I think they weren't that profitale, the GC version of SC2 even moreso.

I thought it was established that those 2 games sold a lot on Xbox and GC. In the millions for SC2. But anyway this is not what the thread is about.

it can go either way though , they may already be working on the xbox 360 version .

Square-enix is a important player , i'm sure microsoft is working very hard to get them to put thier biggest games on the xbox 360.

Its a source of rpgs to great for them not to go all out trying to get them .

Exactly. I wasn't saying that they've made their decision and it's a NO. It could very well that they are already actively thinking of developing on it and this comment was some kind of wait-and-see-ultimatum kind of comment to keep the fans interest alive. They'll keep waiting for an announcement and all this attention is only beneficial to Square. :D

Exactly. I wasn't saying that they've made their decision and it's a NO. It could very well that they are already actively thinking of developing on it and this comment was some kind of wait-and-see-ultimatum kind of comment to keep the fans interest alive. They'll keep waiting for an announcement and all this attention is only beneficial to Square. :D

right it can even be as little as ms offered them a royality of 5$ per game sold on the xbox 360 and they are trying to get it to 4$ still

one said:
Apparently this means their decision depends almost solely on how much Xbox 360 can sell in this quarter in 3 regions.

maybe that is also right time for them to see how the PS3 is recieved at launch time assuming that PS3 is launched by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back