F.E.A.R. for PS3 launch

Titanio the whole point of FEAR is supposed to be an intense single player experience.

To me multiplayer is not the focal point of the game at all, more an add on or extra.
________
Club Royal Condos Pattaya

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I suppose I should qualify that..if you're more interested in the multiplayer, AND your PC is up to it, then the value is questionable. I like single-player FPS campaigns, but for me the longer term value is usually in the multiplayer. The fact that I could get the multiplayer for free on the PC side means I wouldn't pay top dollar for a console version..maybe if it came down in price later on.

I admit that is a slightly more discriminating set of qualifiers though ;)

Very happy to hear of the unexpected OXM demo. I happen to have a subscription that should be arriving any day now, if not today :)
________
Web shows

These FEAR screens are horrible.

Seeing as we know nothing about the current build status of each title and how much work will be going into them up until launch, framerates, etc... it is not really fair to make many judgements yet.

Hard to say how this will end up... on the one hand you would think the PS3 version should be better because it has a GPU much more similar to the PC where Fear was already released; on the other hand Condemned ran fairly well on the 360. Most likely will come down to time and money. We are certain to hear a lot of bickering over this title :devilish:

Seems like grabs from low quality screenshots/videos and stretched out. I dont think I've ever seen AA like that. I would bet these are not direct framebuffer screens.

Who gives a F***! Like Acert93 said how knows what build the PS3 version was showing. Lets wait at least until October to compare screenshots. I'm glad that I can get FEAR day one though. Hell YEAH!!!!:D

I really don't appreciate the excitement of a port - particularly one for a game which will be a year old or so by the time it comes out. Also particularly since the game itself was very dull.

The free MP demo however is an exciting thought - free gaming!

I really don't appreciate the excitement of a port - particularly one for a game which will be a year old or so by the time it comes out. Also particularly since the game itself was very dull.

The free MP demo however is an exciting thought - free gaming!

Guy remember tens of millons of people haven't played this game because we don't game on our PCs. To me it's new. It's going to be between this game and Resistence at launch.

Xbox 360 version is supposed to be throwing around that FP10 HDR too, so I wonder if it'll look better.

I also wonder if the alledgedly lacking PS3 dev tools have something to do with it.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Xbox 360 version is supposed to be throwing around that FP10 HDR too, so I wonder if it'll look better.

The HDR they have shown has not been too impressive. Some games it seems well planned (PGR3) and others not so much. Sometimes it doesn't even appear worth the effort imo.

I also wonder if the alledgedly lacking PS3 dev tools have something to do with it.

Who knows, but having Condemned running on a similar engine 12 months ago won't hurt. But the CELL PPE is similar to the Xenon cores and RSX is very similar to the G70 series, so I would hope that FEAR would run at 60fps with some excellent detail at 720p.

This is more my expectation for the Wii version of F.E.A.R!!

It certainly looks like ass compared to the orginal. Texture res is very low. And there appears to be ZERO normal mapping. Again... looks like something in Wii territory.

It certainly looks like ass compared to the orginal. Texture res is very low. And there appears to be ZERO normal mapping. Again... looks like something in Wii territory.

The barrel has normal mapping (one of the screenshots with the little girl walking through fire), and the robot thing (EV6) has normal mapping (comparing to PC version) along with the brick at the bottom of the column in the same shot. Otherwise, it's very difficult to make out normal mapping with static images, not to mention low-quality images.

Back